Which country has the best fighters in the world? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-18-2007, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 903
Acoustic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Which country has the best fighters in the world?

Please don't close this thread again (which I consider legitimate) without allowing a democratic debate to at least ensue.

If it's not your personal taste of debate, you have a god given right to not participate.

I don't find it offensive, wasteful or against the rules of the forum - which I am devoted to observing.

I called Thiago Silva's win - it was an easy call on my part, as easy as Anderson Silva beating Franklin or Wandelei knocking out Chuck within, at the very most, the first two rounds.

My choice would be that Brazilians are the most dynamic fighters the planet has ever seen - easily, the masters of MMA.

This honest post will probably be deleted by a pissy moderator or I'll be banned, but I really don't get what's wrong with this debate.

Last edited by Acoustic : 11-18-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-18-2007, 01:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Face the Pain
 
Aaronyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 7,021
Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustic
I'll be banned
PHAIL

use the search button to find this "dedate"
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 903
Acoustic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronyman
PHAIL

use the search button to find this "dedate"
What's your point ABOUT THE SUBJECT AT HAND, Aaron?
Acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chocolate City
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,505
Wise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of KnowledgeWise Is True Champion Of Knowledge
If this subject got closed its because its been done to death. Check out the general section for like 12 threads about this.
__________________
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 903
Acoustic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise
If this subject got closed its because its been done to death. Check out the general section for like 12 threads about this.
I was told that it was closed because the moderator who closed it "saw no point to it", not that he thought it had been "posted before".

The irony is that I consider the moderator that cut it off one of my favorite contributers on this forum.

Personally, I've never seen this sort of debate on this forum, and I'm here nearly 24-7.
Acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Face the Pain
 
Aaronyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 7,021
Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustic
I'm here nearly 24-7.
Firstly that's sad

Secondly there have way way to many threads about this stupid topic....so perhaps you should go to sherdog.
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
kds13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 5,148
Blog Entries: 11
kds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustic
I was told that it was closed because the moderator who closed it "saw no point to it", not that he thought it had been "posted before".

The irony is that I consider the moderator that cut it off one of my favorite contributers on this forum.

Personally, I've never seen this sort of debate on this forum, and I'm here nearly 24-7.
The only reason I closed the first one was because it wasn't framed in a debate. It was just you talking about how good Brazilian fighters were.

I'll leave this one open, but like others said, its been discussed. You may not get many answers.
__________________
kds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 903
Acoustic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by kds13
The only reason I closed the first one was because it wasn't framed in a debate. It was just you talking about how good Brazilian fighters were.

I'll leave this one open, but like others said, its been discussed. You may not get many answers.
Kds13, I appreciate your clarification and won't touch on the matter again if indeed it has been expended.
Acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
buo
your interim hero
 
buo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,092
buo will become famous soon enoughbuo will become famous soon enoughbuo will become famous soon enoughbuo will become famous soon enoughbuo will become famous soon enoughbuo will become famous soon enoughbuo will become famous soon enough
Which country has the best fighters in the world?

I guess, it's a toss up between U.S. and Iowa.
__________________
Mac Danzig is still on his back; his sweaty, pumped white torso is flushed with the auburn heat that auburn skin produces when it is aroused. His panting, fetching head has been pushed up against the cage by... Marc Bocek’s energetic pounding...
buo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 903
Acoustic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronyman
Firstly that's sad
Does the phrase "figure of speech" carry any resonance in your lexicon?
Acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios