5 Reasons Why Matt Hughes Will Lose To GSP - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
LEGEND
 
putmeonhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,684
                     
5 Reasons Why Matt Hughes Will Lose To GSP

1. He can be easily put into submissions - although submissions are rarely FINISHED on Matt

2. He Does not listen to his corner - Franklin yelled at Hughes to stand up with Bj, Hughes ignored Franklin and continued the ground battle. Even Randy Cotur commented that he thought Matt was INSANE for taking BJ down. He pulled off the win, but the ends do not justify the means

3. He is predictable - No matter how much Matt wants to wish to knock someone out, he has always, and will ALWAYS goes to the ground

4. He is due for a loss - Having as many title defences as Hughes does is not an advantage - it speaks volumes about his MMA skills, but it makes losing a bigger probability with each win. Anyone who plays proline knows this

5. He is becomming overconfident - Most will disagree with me on this because Hughes seems to take everything in stride, but ever since TUF 2, he has gotten cockier, and cockier, and cockier. Cockiness is a symptom of overconfidence and it really showed in the BJ fight. Hughes got absolutly NOTHING accomplished untill BJ gassed. It really looked like this was gonna be it for Hughes up untill the third round

Let's Bang!
putmeonhold is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 06:41 PM
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeonhold
1. He can be easily put into submissions - although submissions are rarely FINISHED on Matt

2. He Does not listen to his corner - Franklin yelled at Hughes to stand up with Bj, Hughes ignored Franklin and continued the ground battle. Even Randy Cotur commented that he thought Matt was INSANE for taking BJ down. He pulled off the win, but the ends do not justify the means

3. He is predictable - No matter how much Matt wants to wish to knock someone out, he has always, and will ALWAYS goes to the ground

4. He is due for a loss - Having as many title defences as Hughes does is not an advantage - it speaks volumes about his MMA skills, but it makes losing a bigger probability with each win. Anyone who plays proline knows this

5. He is becomming overconfident - Most will disagree with me on this because Hughes seems to take everything in stride, but ever since TUF 2, he has gotten cockier, and cockier, and cockier. Cockiness is a symptom of overconfidence and it really showed in the BJ fight. Hughes got absolutly NOTHING accomplished untill BJ gassed. It really looked like this was gonna be it for Hughes up untill the third round

i would like to shake your hand right now
Organik is offline  
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Banned
 
MMA freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,901
 
You are right about number 3. Hes like "I want to hurt Frank Trigg and knock him out" then he ended up winning by submission and didn't really hurt him, except in the end of their second fight. But in the first fight that was a nasty rear naked choke.
MMA freak is offline  
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
LEGEND
 
putmeonhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,684
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA freak
You are right about number 3. Hes like "I want to hurt Frank Trigg and knock him out" then he ended up winning by submission and didn't really hurt him, except in the end of their second fight. But in the first fight that was a nasty rear naked choke.
yeah - you klnow what I'm sayin' - it was the same thing with the Royce Gracie fight too. He kept sayin' I don't wanna be on the ground with Royce, I wanna knock him out. Then he went right to the ground

Let's Bang!
putmeonhold is offline  
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
GO BEARS!
 
asskicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,763
                     
Its different in the fight once you get goin and your instincts take over you go to whats natural for you. I dont think its that surprising Matt always goes to the ground because thats whats always worked for him. Until he actually gets a KO he'll never truly be confident on his feet. Getting the first KO is the hard part then I think more will come. And Matts ground game has always won him fights until it doesnt work hes gonna naturally keep doing it.

14-1 in Forum Bets
asskicker is offline  
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 07:05 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
RodneyPierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 34
 
.......I personally dont think it will happen..........

Favorite Fighters
Matt Hughes
Rich Franklin
Frank Shamrock
Randy Couture
Chuck Lidell
Pat Militech
Royce Gracie
RodneyPierce is offline  
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 07:07 PM
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyPierce
.......I personally dont think it will happen..........
I Agree.... he is most definitly not a Stand Up fighter... BJ proved that last night in the first 2 rounds
Organik is offline  
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 07:08 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
RodneyPierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 34
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik
I Agree.... he is most definitly not a Stand Up fighter... BJ proved that last night in the first 2 rounds
Opps, im sorry, that must have been posted right after. I meant that I didnt think GSP would bea him, I just dont think that will happen. I do think Matt HAS knockout power, he just needs to work on it abit more. He is most dominate on the ground.......

Favorite Fighters
Matt Hughes
Rich Franklin
Frank Shamrock
Randy Couture
Chuck Lidell
Pat Militech
Royce Gracie
RodneyPierce is offline  
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 07:08 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5
 
I'll add a few more reasons GSP will defeat Matt Hughes. GSP was much more dominating on the ground vs. Penn than Hughes was so I believe GSP has a better ground game than Hughes. GSP is clearly the best striker out of the 3 which means Hughes won't be able to stand up with GSP. No matter where the fight goes GSP will have the advantage.

The only advantage Hughes will have is GSP will likely be tense in the first round against Hughes like he was against Penn. Nerves will get to you until you can shake them out. As long as GSP can survive the first 3 minutes of Hughes he'll win.
Raucous is offline  
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 07:14 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
RodneyPierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 34
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeonhold
I politly disagree. I think GSP is the one fighter who can psychologically get past the nerves. I think Matt's advantage lies within his brute strength.
BINGO!!! The guy is built like a brick shit house!

Favorite Fighters
Matt Hughes
Rich Franklin
Frank Shamrock
Randy Couture
Chuck Lidell
Pat Militech
Royce Gracie
RodneyPierce is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome