Dana takes a few shots at Wandy - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Outta My Head
 
Onganju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 1,220
Blog Entries: 11
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJame
What's the rule about the suspension? If you get knocked out, you have to serve a suspension or something? I haven't heard that one before.
According to the California and Nevada State Athletic Commission, if an athlete is knocked out in the ring they are suspended from competing actively for 90 days, at which time they need doctor's clearance to get back into the ring to fight. It is done so that a fighter won't go in with a possibly life-shortening injury, get into the ring and have it worsen or kill them on the spot. As we all know, not too many fighters have steady incomes, and it helps protect the fighter from playing the tough guy role to fatal consequences.

With that in mind, the earliest Wandy would be cleared by either commission to fight state-side would be December 10th. Obviously, much later than what they would theasibly want as far as selling a card, and much longer than they would want to keep Chuck off of a PPV card. Considering that, the chances of this fight happening keeps dwindling away as the days pass.

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree... As long as I don't bore you and I spark a moment of thought, my goal is achieved.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Lightweight
 
liveson777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,749
                     
but

he didnt fihgt in the USA so does that affect anything>?
liveson777 is offline  
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Outta My Head
 
Onganju's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 1,220
Blog Entries: 11
                     
Unfortunately, it does. The UFC has to abide by the regulations set up by the NSAC and CSAC. Otherwise, they can import any "athlete" from anywhere and have them fight under any condition.

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree... As long as I don't bore you and I spark a moment of thought, my goal is achieved.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline  
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 09:44 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,231
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik
i dont remember any of this... any footage ? or interviews?
Yeah, here's some footage of Tim Sylvia saying he could take Fedor! I forget were I heard he thought he could take Mirko Cro Cop!

Heres a link to Sylvia talking about his third fight with Arloveski and how he could take Fedor!
YouTube - Tim Sylvia: Post Fight UFC 61

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 222
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onganju
According to the California and Nevada State Athletic Commission, if an athlete is knocked out in the ring they are suspended from competing actively for 90 days, at which time they need doctor's clearance to get back into the ring to fight. It is done so that a fighter won't go in with a possibly life-shortening injury, get into the ring and have it worsen or kill them on the spot. As we all know, not too many fighters have steady incomes, and it helps protect the fighter from playing the tough guy role to fatal consequences.
With that in mind, the earliest Wandy would be cleared by either commission to fight state-side would be December 10th. Obviously, much later than what they would theasibly want as far as selling a card, and much longer than they would want to keep Chuck off of a PPV card. Considering that, the chances of this fight happening keeps dwindling away as the days pass.


Thank you for interupting this thread with inconvenient facts. After the beating that Silva took from CroCop why should he be considered for a Championship fight in the UFC? It does not matte that he is popular, the fact is that if you get knocked out, you don't come back in the next fight and get a shot at the title. What if Chuck got his head handed to him, went over to Pride and immediately got a title shot? Everyone would be crying about it. Silva got tooled the same way he got tooled when he fought Vitor, except Vitor was merciful enough to put him out of his misery fast, CroCop had fun with him for a while and turned him into a human highlight reel. I think that if Silva came back to the UFC Liddell would knock him out quickly. I don;t think Chuck is intimidated by the "Axe Murderer" shtick. Wandy did'nt look like too much of an axe murderer when he was unconscious with his face bashed in.

"and then I look up and they still be wearin the same sh*&t they be wearin"
Charlie Murphy from the Prince episode of "Chappelle Show
Keithpas is offline  
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:57 PM
GO BEARS!
 
asskicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,763
                     
i think Wandy does need a win or two before challenging Chuck. I think Danas comments were directing toward the general fan. If Silva got a shot now they would not only be saying why is this guy from Pride coming over and getting a shot right away. But why is this guy getting a shot when he just got KTFO, and alot of people dont even know who Cro Cop is so that means nothing to them. It would look really bad to the general fan if Chuck lost his belt to a guy who just got knocked out and Dana knows that would be a possibility. So I think Dana is being smart here. Remember Danna doesnt make all his money from die hard MMA fans like us.

14-1 in Forum Bets
asskicker is offline  
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:58 PM
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnar426
Yeah, here's some footage of Tim Sylvia saying he could take Fedor! I forget were I heard he thought he could take Mirko Cro Cop!

Heres a link to Sylvia talking about his third fight with Arloveski and how he could take Fedor!
YouTube - Tim Sylvia: Post Fight UFC 61
thanx man i gave u some rep for that
Organik is offline  
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 45
 
Yea Wanderlai got knocked out, like every other fighter in the game...doesn't mean that Chuck is going to do the same thing with Wandy.. Chuck and Cro Cop are two different fighters. Cro cop is obviously the better fighter. Cro cop used his notorious kicks, does Chuck have that same ability. NO! So the scenario between Chuck and Wandy will be a completely different story. Esp since everytime Wanderlai has a bad loss, he comes back 10 times better. Remember, after Vitor, he had a 5 year streak. And barely any went to the decision, before Arona.
WandyBJPenn is offline  
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 12:54 AM
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandyBJPenn
Yea Wanderlai got knocked out, like every other fighter in the game...doesn't mean that Chuck is going to do the same thing with Wandy.. Chuck and Cro Cop are two different fighters. Cro cop is obviously the better fighter. Cro cop used his notorious kicks, does Chuck have that same ability. NO! So the scenario between Chuck and Wandy will be a completely different story. Esp since everytime Wanderlai has a bad loss, he comes back 10 times better. Remember, after Vitor, he had a 5 year streak. And barely any went to the decision, before Arona.
not only that wanderlei is gonna come back to kick some ****ing ass... haha hes not gonna let anyone walk over him... hes gonne be a more determined fighter cause he said himself.. if he beats Mirko he will be even more famous... so now he prolly thinks he needs to work his way back up
Organik is offline  
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 01:50 AM
Flyweight
 
Nabors12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 388
 
I think Wand would overwhelm Liddel, it seems to me that Liddel takes too much time to find his range. In that time I think Wand would come with a flurry that would seriously injure if not knock liddel out.
Nabors12 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome