Anyone else catch the UFC 81 countdown? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 01-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
prolyfic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 536
prolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level nowprolyfic is on another level now
I think its funny that people think that Lesnar's "simple" talking is evidence that he is not taking the fight seriously. He stated, as Chuck Liddell often does, that he is not going to change what he does so he can avoid what Mir is good at. He did say he just has to be aware of it. Yeah thats real simple. If anything last night made me realize how much Mir is really concerned about Lesnar. As for Lesnar's care free attitude I look at it like this. If your little brother walked in your room and said I'm back from the orient and said "I am a karate master now meet me outside i'm about to bust yo ass" how many of you would honestly be worried about that. Can it be a grave mistake, yes, but confidence should not be mistaken for over confidence. Frank Mir is in alot of trouble and he may not be prepared for what is about to happen.
prolyfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Braveheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 614
Braveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level nowBraveheart is on another level now
i couldnt agree more with the piks. hopefully upsets are left in 2007
__________________
"There something behind the throne, greater than the king himself."
- Sir William Pitt
Braveheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by prolyfic View Post
I think its funny that people think that Lesnar's "simple" talking is evidence that he is not taking the fight seriously. He stated, as Chuck Liddell often does, that he is not going to change what he does so he can avoid what Mir is good at. He did say he just has to be aware of it. Yeah thats real simple. If anything last night made me realize how much Mir is really concerned about Lesnar. As for Lesnar's care free attitude I look at it like this. If your little brother walked in your room and said I'm back from the orient and said "I am a karate master now meet me outside i'm about to bust yo ass" how many of you would honestly be worried about that. Can it be a grave mistake, yes, but confidence should not be mistaken for over confidence. Frank Mir is in alot of trouble and he may not be prepared for what is about to happen.
I'm sorry, but I sincerely doubt Frank Mir is not going to be prepared for this fight. The fact he's showing concern, simply shows how seriously he is taking the fight, which is bad news for Brock.

Frank's looking at this intelligently, he knows that Brock is going to grow faster than most athletes that transfer to MMA because of his collegiate background and the amount of money he has to fly in top-talent and train every day.


People can say whatever they want about Frank not having World-Class striking and I find that to be irrelevant. He doesn't need WC striking to beat Brock Lesnar. Watch the sparring video with Lesnar, do you not see how flat-footed he is? Look at how loopy his punches are, doesn't help that he throws with his arms either.

You can call the Countdowns "highlight reels" and "hype videos", which they obviously are. However, there's also some merit to them in that we get to see what specific training the fighters are engaging for in preparation. From what I could see, Mir and Nogueira look to be training harder for their fights than their opponents are.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
MLS
Banned
 
MLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Backseat of the PlazzVan
Posts: 6,472
Blog Entries: 2
MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all View Post
I'm sorry, but I sincerely doubt Frank Mir is not going to be prepared for this fight. The fact he's showing concern, simply shows how seriously he is taking the fight, which is bad news for Brock.

Frank's looking at this intelligently, he knows that Brock is going to grow faster than most athletes that transfer to MMA because of his collegiate background and the amount of money he has to fly in top-talent and train every day.


People can say whatever they want about Frank not having World-Class striking and I find that to be irrelevant. He doesn't need WC striking to beat Brock Lesnar. Watch the sparring video with Lesnar, do you not see how flat-footed he is? Look at how loopy his punches are, doesn't help that he throws with his arms either.

You can call the Countdowns "highlight reels" and "hype videos", which they obviously are. However, there's also some merit to them in that we get to see what specific training the fighters are engaging for in preparation. From what I could see, Mir and Nogueira look to be training harder for their fights than their opponents are.
Good point and we get to see Lesnar train because tonight he is on all access.
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsman23 View Post
Good point and we get to see Lesnar train because tonight he is on all access.
Damn, I don't get Spike.. I'll just have to wait for it to pop-up online. Should be interesting!
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 669
blaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enough
That's why we love Mir, he is one of the most intelligent fighters!
blaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
MLS
Banned
 
MLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Backseat of the PlazzVan
Posts: 6,472
Blog Entries: 2
MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all View Post
Damn, I don't get Spike.. I'll just have to wait for it to pop-up online. Should be interesting!
If I can get it, I will post it for you.
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
cabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsman23 View Post
Good point and we get to see Lesnar train because tonight he is on all access.
Thanks for the heads up
cabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
MLS
Banned
 
MLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Backseat of the PlazzVan
Posts: 6,472
Blog Entries: 2
MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS MLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby View Post
Thanks for the heads up
Not a problem
MLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
ash
Amatuer
 
ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 104
ash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enoughash will become famous soon enough
See, personally I didn't view Lesnar as disrespecting Mir, or writing him off. What he's doing is not letting himself be intimidated. That's why he said "so what" to mention of Mir breaking Tim's arm. You can't let that kind fo thing get into your head and go into a fight scared getting an arm broken.

It looks to me like Brock is training his ass off. That alone tells you that he is not dismissing Mir's ability. If he were truely underestimating Mir he would not be training so hard.

Brock's confident, and I can't hold that against him. I don't see him as being overconfident though...same with Mir. I really like Mir a lot, and I'll be a bit disappointed regardless of who wins / loses...

Ash
ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios