MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Why is Rampage not fighting.... (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/31477-why-rampage-not-fighting.html)

Liddell67 02-13-2008 01:53 PM

Why is Rampage not fighting....
 
For me the most exciting UFC division by a mile is the Light Heavyweight.
So why in a division stacked with great fighters..
Silva, Liddell, Shogun, Henderson(if he wants), Ortiz, Griffen
Plus lots of good fighters too numerous to list why o why is the Champion not fighting more often.
Seems to me Liddell fought all the time when he was champ and I'm sure a victorious Rampage would be just as good a draw.
So why so few fights?

joey__stalin 02-13-2008 01:55 PM

I think he had a broken hand for a while. And he is going to be a coach on the next TUF series. And he can't be fighting, putting his title at risk when Forrest is fighting him for it next.

blaked 02-13-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liddell67 (Post 468291)
For me the most exciting UFC division by a mile is the Light Heavyweight.
So why in a division stacked with great fighters..
Silva, Liddell, Shogun, Henderson(if he wants), Ortiz, Griffen
Plus lots of good fighters too numerous to list why o why is the Champion not fighting more often.
Seems to me Liddell fought all the time when he was champ and I'm sure a victorious Rampage would be just as good a draw.
So why so few fights?

Him and Griffin are busy with the Ultimate Fighter. Ill admit they timed it really bad because Rampage's last fight was at 75 and Griffin's was 76. They should've made it so they would have fought at like 79/80. It's going to be almost 10 UFC's later(UFC 86/87)before they fight again.

Liddell67 02-13-2008 02:39 PM

Yeah I realise he is not fighting because of TUF. Just think that the LHW being the main money spinner seems very wierd not to get more title fights.
Mind u I didn't know he had a problem with his hand. Suppose that explains it

Ald 02-16-2008 11:44 PM

They did the same thing when Serra got the belt from GSP, sent him of to to the reality show. I think this is bad business in my opinion. Ufc has to remain a sport, and hence have some kind of standard for their champions to compete ( injuries aside ). If they don't, then it just ends up another popularity contest and we never really know who the best is. These guys, health allowing, need to defend their titles.

Serra never even defended his belt after he got it from GSP, and ultimately lost it do to injury on tuf show. They need to figure something else out.

hitmachine44 02-17-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ald (Post 471884)
They did the same thing when Serra got the belt from GSP, sent him of to to the reality show. I think this is bad business in my opinion. Ufc has to remain a sport, and hence have some kind of standard for their champions to compete ( injuries aside ). If they don't, then it just ends up another popularity contest and we never really know who the best is. These guys, health allowing, need to defend their titles.

Serra never even defended his belt after he got it from GSP, and ultimately lost it do to injury on tuf show. They need to figure something else out.

Serra got hurt coaching at his own gym, not on TUF.

The UFC stopped being sports-based a while ago, Dana is more worried about the entertainment aspect of things.

See: Brock Lesnar.

UseOf_A_Weapon 02-17-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmachine44 (Post 472092)
Serra got hurt coaching at his own gym, not on TUF.

The UFC stopped being sports-based a while ago, Dana is more worried about the entertainment aspect of things.

See: Brock Lesnar.

if by entertainment aspect you mean profitability, then yes. thats why the ufc doesnt have official rankings. that way they can match up whomever based on profitability instead of pecking order.

Biowza 02-17-2008 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmachine44 (Post 472092)
The UFC stopped being sports-based a while ago, Dana is more worried about the entertainment aspect of things.

See: Brock Lesnar.

Terrible post :thumbsdown:

shake&bake 02-17-2008 08:17 AM

the fighters are atheletes fighting for a guy who wants to be in sports entertainment! hahahaha. seriously though would be nice if was ran more like a sport and less with all the crap on the side but Dana's a millionaire and CEO of a huge company, and i am not so guess his opinion is worth more then mine

hitmachine44 03-03-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biowza (Post 472247)
Terrible post :thumbsdown:

I just checked my User CP for the first time in a while and saw that I had some negative rep. I commend you for being man enough to put your name on it since that NEVER happens around here.:thumbsup:

Now, can you really tell me that Dana is more concerned with the "Sport" than the "Business"?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2