Why is Rampage not fighting.... - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 129
                     
Why is Rampage not fighting....

For me the most exciting UFC division by a mile is the Light Heavyweight.
So why in a division stacked with great fighters..
Silva, Liddell, Shogun, Henderson(if he wants), Ortiz, Griffen
Plus lots of good fighters too numerous to list why o why is the Champion not fighting more often.
Seems to me Liddell fought all the time when he was champ and I'm sure a victorious Rampage would be just as good a draw.
So why so few fights?
Liddell67 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Bantamweight
 
joey__stalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 898
                     
I think he had a broken hand for a while. And he is going to be a coach on the next TUF series. And he can't be fighting, putting his title at risk when Forrest is fighting him for it next.

- A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
- It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

See you Space Cowboy...
joey__stalin is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 669
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddell67 View Post
For me the most exciting UFC division by a mile is the Light Heavyweight.
So why in a division stacked with great fighters..
Silva, Liddell, Shogun, Henderson(if he wants), Ortiz, Griffen
Plus lots of good fighters too numerous to list why o why is the Champion not fighting more often.
Seems to me Liddell fought all the time when he was champ and I'm sure a victorious Rampage would be just as good a draw.
So why so few fights?
Him and Griffin are busy with the Ultimate Fighter. Ill admit they timed it really bad because Rampage's last fight was at 75 and Griffin's was 76. They should've made it so they would have fought at like 79/80. It's going to be almost 10 UFC's later(UFC 86/87)before they fight again.

Last edited by blaked; 02-13-2008 at 03:30 PM.
blaked is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 129
                     
Yeah I realise he is not fighting because of TUF. Just think that the LHW being the main money spinner seems very wierd not to get more title fights.
Mind u I didn't know he had a problem with his hand. Suppose that explains it
Liddell67 is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 12:44 AM
Ald
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 24
     
They did the same thing when Serra got the belt from GSP, sent him of to to the reality show. I think this is bad business in my opinion. Ufc has to remain a sport, and hence have some kind of standard for their champions to compete ( injuries aside ). If they don't, then it just ends up another popularity contest and we never really know who the best is. These guys, health allowing, need to defend their titles.

Serra never even defended his belt after he got it from GSP, and ultimately lost it do to injury on tuf show. They need to figure something else out.
Ald is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Flyweight
 
hitmachine44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 374
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ald View Post
They did the same thing when Serra got the belt from GSP, sent him of to to the reality show. I think this is bad business in my opinion. Ufc has to remain a sport, and hence have some kind of standard for their champions to compete ( injuries aside ). If they don't, then it just ends up another popularity contest and we never really know who the best is. These guys, health allowing, need to defend their titles.

Serra never even defended his belt after he got it from GSP, and ultimately lost it do to injury on tuf show. They need to figure something else out.
Serra got hurt coaching at his own gym, not on TUF.

The UFC stopped being sports-based a while ago, Dana is more worried about the entertainment aspect of things.

See: Brock Lesnar.
hitmachine44 is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Bantamweight
 
UseOf_A_Weapon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond, VA... gross.
Posts: 920
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmachine44 View Post
Serra got hurt coaching at his own gym, not on TUF.

The UFC stopped being sports-based a while ago, Dana is more worried about the entertainment aspect of things.

See: Brock Lesnar.
if by entertainment aspect you mean profitability, then yes. thats why the ufc doesnt have official rankings. that way they can match up whomever based on profitability instead of pecking order.
UseOf_A_Weapon is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmachine44 View Post
The UFC stopped being sports-based a while ago, Dana is more worried about the entertainment aspect of things.

See: Brock Lesnar.
Terrible post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.
Biowza is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Amatuer
 
shake&bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 130
       
the fighters are atheletes fighting for a guy who wants to be in sports entertainment! hahahaha. seriously though would be nice if was ran more like a sport and less with all the crap on the side but Dana's a millionaire and CEO of a huge company, and i am not so guess his opinion is worth more then mine

learned long ago MMA may be a sport but the UFC is a business.
shake&bake is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Flyweight
 
hitmachine44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 374
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biowza View Post
Terrible post
I just checked my User CP for the first time in a while and saw that I had some negative rep. I commend you for being man enough to put your name on it since that NEVER happens around here.

Now, can you really tell me that Dana is more concerned with the "Sport" than the "Business"?
hitmachine44 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome