MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Thoughts on Diego Sanchez (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/3208-thoughts-diego-sanchez.html)

Ghizman 10-01-2006 10:29 PM

Thoughts on Diego Sanchez
 
I think Sanchez is a great fighter but I get crap about it everwhere I go. Everyone here has more mma knowledge than my buddies so I would like to know what people think of him.....

MMA freak 10-01-2006 10:33 PM

Hes a good fighter, people just rip on him for his poor performance against John Alessio, but other than that most of his matches are very exciting, hes a contender already. Hes a great all around fighter too.

Damone 10-01-2006 10:36 PM

Top 4 WW. Really good fighter who has put on 2 "Fight Of The Year Candidates"(vs Diaz(05), vs Karo(06)). I don't get people who still say "Diego sucks". It's one thing to not like his personality, but how could someone say he's only fought cans or he's unproven? The guy is legit.

TheSuplexor 10-01-2006 10:50 PM

okay....a jesus freak though. kos has more potential

MMA freak 10-01-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublelegtakedown
okay....a jesus freak though. kos has more potential

Diego Sanchez not only defeated Josh Koscheck when not trying his hardest but also beat him to a race for the welterweight title shot. And Sanchez is capable of winning it, Koscheck can't even beat any top contender.

TheSuplexor 10-01-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMA freak
Diego Sanchez not only defeated Josh Koscheck when not trying his hardest but also beat him to a race for the welterweight title shot. And Sanchez is capable of winning it, Koscheck can't even beat any top contender.

:laugh: Josh nearly beat diego when he was just a wrestler (deigo of course had been fighting longer). please:rolleyes:
Kos has stepped up his game and dominated goulet!
what top contender has kos fought yet? how can you come to that conclusion?:thumbsdown:

fenderman80 10-01-2006 10:58 PM

OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!! He may have won a decision against Karo,but his weaknesses were definitely exposed in that fight.

TheSuplexor 10-01-2006 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenderman80
OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!! He may have won a decision against Karo,but his weaknesses were definitely exposed in that fight.

weaknesses? that would be everything:laugh:

MMA freak 10-01-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublelegtakedown
:laugh: Josh nearly beat diego when he was just a wrestler (deigo of course had been fighting longer). please:rolleyes:
Kos has stepped up his game and dominated goulet!
what top contender has kos fought yet? how can you come to that conclusion?:thumbsdown:

Josh Koscheck lost to Drew Fickett, Sanchez is undefeated. I can't believe your giving me this crap. Koscheck sucks, Sanchez is a good.

Damone 10-01-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenderman80
OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!! He may have won a decision against Karo,but his weaknesses were definitely exposed in that fight.

What were those weaknesses? I didn't find any. Diego had excellent conditioning, good BJJ, and decent striking in that fight.

Koscheck did not almost beat Diego Sanchez. Diego dominated him for the most part, and deserved that decision victory. Koscheck does have potential though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2