weigh ins? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Steve-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 612
Blog Entries: 3
Steve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the pastSteve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the past
weigh ins?

Can someone please tell me what time the weigh ins are tonight?

might be some good smack talk there..........
__________________
Steve-d
www.steved-mma.com // My Training Blog!


Steve-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Steve-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 612
Blog Entries: 3
Steve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the pastSteve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the past
ok ken coming into the weigh-ins with a shake and a burger was classic LOL
__________________
Steve-d
www.steved-mma.com // My Training Blog!


Steve-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 808
ROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enoughROCKBASS03 will become famous soon enough
I thought it was funny too.
ROCKBASS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Steve-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 612
Blog Entries: 3
Steve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the pastSteve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKBASS03
I thought it was funny too.
it seemed like tito had an attitude too, where as ken seemed to be having a good time.

At this point im really thinking tito hates ken more then ken hates tito.
__________________
Steve-d
www.steved-mma.com // My Training Blog!


Steve-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 186
Storm442 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
A Cut and paste of what happened from UFC.COM

HOLLYWOOD, FL, October 9 – Ken Shamrock came to the weigh-in for his final fight with Tito Ortiz armed with a sandwich and shake; Ortiz just brought a scowl. But with both UFC stars appearing to be in supreme shape for their bout at the Seminole Hard Rock Live Arena, it’s clear that both did bring their ‘A’ games to the Sunshine State.

Ortiz, the former UFC light heavyweight champ, came in at a relatively light 203.5 for the third bout of his series with Shamrock, who weighed in at a ripped 204.5 and showed his ease at making the weight by sipping a drink and taking a bite from a sandwich as he made his way to the scale.

In their first bout in November of 2002, Ortiz stopped Shamrock after the third round. A rematch at UFC 61 in July saw Ortiz halt ‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ again, but the stoppage by referee Herb Dean was seen as premature by many fans, leading to Tuesday’s third bout, which will be aired live on Spike TV beginning at 8pm.

“The fans deserved to see a fight and it was stopped short,” said Shamrock of his second bout with ‘The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.’ “If I’m gonna go out, I’m gonna go out a warrior.”

Ortiz refuses to let Shamrock get the last word though.

“You guys are gonna see a great beating tomorrow night,” said Ortiz. “This is my life right here.”

All other fighters on the nine bout card made weight, with the only hiccup coming from returning welterweight veteran Tony DeSouza, who was forced to the scales a second time to make 171 pounds for his bout with Dustin Hazelett.

Tito Ortiz (203.5) vs Ken Shamrock (204.5)
Kendall Grove (184.5) vs Chris Price (185)
Jason MacDonald (185) vs Ed Herman (186)
Matt Hamill (205) vs Seth Petruzelli (203.5)
Nate Marquardt (184.5) vs Crafton Wallace (175.5)
Dustin Hazelett (167.5) vs Tony DeSouza (171)
Josh Haynes (184.5) vs Rory Singer (185.5)
John Alessio (169.5) vs Thiago Alves (171)
Marcus Davis (170) vs Forrest Petz (169.5)
Storm442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Steve-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 612
Blog Entries: 3
Steve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the pastSteve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm442
A Cut and paste of what happened from UFC.COM

HOLLYWOOD, FL, October 9 – Ken Shamrock came to the weigh-in for his final fight with Tito Ortiz armed with a sandwich and shake; Ortiz just brought a scowl. But with both UFC stars appearing to be in supreme shape for their bout at the Seminole Hard Rock Live Arena, it’s clear that both did bring their ‘A’ games to the Sunshine State.

Ortiz, the former UFC light heavyweight champ, came in at a relatively light 203.5 for the third bout of his series with Shamrock, who weighed in at a ripped 204.5 and showed his ease at making the weight by sipping a drink and taking a bite from a sandwich as he made his way to the scale.

In their first bout in November of 2002, Ortiz stopped Shamrock after the third round. A rematch at UFC 61 in July saw Ortiz halt ‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ again, but the stoppage by referee Herb Dean was seen as premature by many fans, leading to Tuesday’s third bout, which will be aired live on Spike TV beginning at 8pm.

“The fans deserved to see a fight and it was stopped short,” said Shamrock of his second bout with ‘The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.’ “If I’m gonna go out, I’m gonna go out a warrior.”

Ortiz refuses to let Shamrock get the last word though.

“You guys are gonna see a great beating tomorrow night,” said Ortiz. “This is my life right here.”

All other fighters on the nine bout card made weight, with the only hiccup coming from returning welterweight veteran Tony DeSouza, who was forced to the scales a second time to make 171 pounds for his bout with Dustin Hazelett.

Tito Ortiz (203.5) vs Ken Shamrock (204.5)
Kendall Grove (184.5) vs Chris Price (185)
Jason MacDonald (185) vs Ed Herman (186)
Matt Hamill (205) vs Seth Petruzelli (203.5)
Nate Marquardt (184.5) vs Crafton Wallace (175.5)
Dustin Hazelett (167.5) vs Tony DeSouza (171)
Josh Haynes (184.5) vs Rory Singer (185.5)
John Alessio (169.5) vs Thiago Alves (171)
Marcus Davis (170) vs Forrest Petz (169.5)
Im glad u posted that, it proves my point, some may say im just hating tito but it really seems like Kenis having a good time, he could care less about this fued anymore, but tito is still being mr. tough guy.

Not only does tito start this whole thing but now he wont let it go??? This is ridiculous, Ken was even going tito tito with the audience when they were cheering him, he is acting like a good sport to me.
__________________
Steve-d
www.steved-mma.com // My Training Blog!


Steve-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
spearsoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New City, NY
Posts: 268
spearsoldier has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-d
Im glad u posted that, it proves my point, some may say im just hating tito but it really seems like Kenis having a good time, he could care less about this fued anymore, but tito is still being mr. tough guy.

Not only does tito start this whole thing but now he wont let it go??? This is ridiculous, Ken was even going tito tito with the audience when they were cheering him, he is acting like a good sport to me.

Because Ken is truly a great man. He realizes that the blood feud went against what he always said to have - Respect. So now he is going out with a bang by going back to being respectful. Tito never had respect for anyone. This is why when he retires, no one will respect him. He will slowly fade away where Ken will forever be remembered.
spearsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
brvheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: to infinity and beyond!!
Posts: 209
brvheart has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I thought there would be a little more smack talk.....Ken surprised me with his handling of himself last night....he is so easily provoked, byt last night he was pretty calm....
brvheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
cabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledgecabby Is True Champion Of Knowledge
ken looked a little more trimmed up than usual. i mean of course u look a bit smalled or cut before weigh in. but it looked like he wasnt so muscled up. hopefully he hit the cardio harder and worked submissions/boxing
cabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Steve-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 612
Blog Entries: 3
Steve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the pastSteve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
ken looked a little more trimmed up than usual. i mean of course u look a bit smalled or cut before weigh in. but it looked like he wasnt so muscled up. hopefully he hit the cardio harder and worked submissions/boxing
true indeed, we will see
__________________
Steve-d
www.steved-mma.com // My Training Blog!


Steve-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios