MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Open Weight UFC Tournament (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/355-open-weight-ufc-tournament.html)

IronMan 06-09-2006 05:23 PM

Open Weight UFC Tournament
 
This is a question that came up while I was posting on another thread.

If the UFC held an open weight competition, who would win?

ZeroPRIDE 06-09-2006 05:55 PM

I think it would com,e done to Matt Hughes and The Iceman. I would put my bet on Hughes

IronMan 06-09-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adora
I think it would com,e done to Matt Hughes and The Iceman. I would put my bet on Hughes

I know that Hughes is strong, but do you really think that he can groundnpound the Iceman? If Randy Couture couldn't do it, do you really think that Matt would be able to?

If it came down to hughes v chuck i'd give it to chuck by KO in the first four minutes.

My bet would be on Arlovski v Chuck in the finals and I'd take Chuck by KO.

UFC101 06-09-2006 06:19 PM

Im gonna go with Chuck with his power i think he would quite easily take Franklin, Hughes and St Pierre the real challenge would be the reach of silvia and the athletic prowess of Arlovski but Chucks too damn powerfull he will land a punch eventually and as hes proved time and time again he only needs one clean shot and your out.

IronMan 06-09-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFC101
Im gonna go with Chuck with his power i think he would quite easily take Franklin, Hughes and St Pierre the real challenge would be the reach of silvia and the athletic prowess of Arlovski but Chucks too damn powerfull he will land a punch eventually and as hes proved time and time again he only needs one clean shot and your out.

Yeah, there isn't really anyone who hits as hard as Chuck.

ZeroPRIDE 06-09-2006 06:26 PM

Do UFC allow open weight fights? They prob. dont but this would be interesting

IronMan 06-09-2006 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adora
Do UFC allow open weight fights? They prob. dont but this would be interesting

The first 4 UFCs were openweight tournaments, but they haven't done one since then.

UFC101 06-09-2006 06:38 PM

If they did open weight fights in the UFC i'd like to see

Tito vs Franklin
Chuck vs Brandon Vera (i dont like Vera i want to see him lose pitifully)
Randy Couture vs Ken Shamrock
George St Pierre vs Horn
Arlovski vs Forrest (just to see how good Forrest really is)

IronMan 06-09-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFC101
If they did open weight fights in the UFC i'd like to see

Tito vs Franklin
Chuck vs Brandon Vera (i dont like Vera i want to see him lose pitifully)
Randy Couture vs Ken Shamrock
George St Pierre vs Horn
Arlovski vs Forrest (just to see how good Forrest really is)

Couture's retired and I don't think he's going to be coming out to fight Ken Shamrock.

Chuck would clean Vera's clock, and he'd clean it GOOD!

St Pierre v Horn would be good, I think that Jeremy would win, but because he's heavier and they have about equal skill and experience.

Arlovski would destroy forest griffin, and he'd destroy him badly. Forest isn't that pretty looking to begin with, after andrei is through with him he would look like a hamburger.

TheSuplexor 06-09-2006 09:24 PM

my money would be on the pitbull! i think he would be way to strong and have to much punching power for chuck. and i think sylvia would get chuck a big problem! Could chuck even hit his head? sylvia's reach would be to great.
But i would like to see ken and tito go at. Two of my favorite fighters along with sean sherk in it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2