Pound for Pound List - St. Pierre at Top!! - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Bantamweight
 
CashKola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 510
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Fugitive
Everyone keeps talking about Hughes coming up to fight Anderson Silva ... well you're all looking past the obvious ... George St. Pierre will topple Hughes next month.
It is obvious that St Pierre will topple Hughes? I'm tired of everyone righting off Hughes, lots of people were saying he had no chance against Penn, and look what happened. If you think St Pierre is going to win thats one thing, but to says its obvious that he will topple him, thats just ridiculous. Weather Hughes wins or St Pierre wins, its not going to be an easy for either fighter.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten
CashKola is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:30 PM
1 2 3 Blast Off!
 
TheSuplexor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,972
                     
1. Hughes (not that good of a striker but get's the W on the mat)
2. GSP
3. Anderson silva (phenomal striker)
4. Chuck liddel
5. Sean Sherk (great takedowns. power, and punching power)
6. BJ Penn 9well rounded, heavy hands, submisions)
7. rich Franklin
8. Tito ortiz
9. AA (better then tim....maybe...good combos)
10. Karo Paryisan (muw hahahaaa great judo and subs)

Mac Danzig and his bird feeder once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.
Mac Danzig can kill two fighters with one bird feeder.
Superman owns a pair of Mac Danzig bird feeder pajamas.
TheSuplexor is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 0
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashKola
It is obvious that St Pierre will topple Hughes? I'm tired of everyone righting off Hughes, lots of people were saying he had no chance against Penn, and look what happened. If you think St Pierre is going to win thats one thing, but to says its obvious that he will topple him, thats just ridiculous. Weather Hughes wins or St Pierre wins, its not going to be an easy for either fighter.
well said...I think you GSP fans..should realize that Matt Hughes isnt some kind of easy fighter to get passed by.....I am also a GSP fan but Cash is right....to say GSP will topple Hughes..is completely Biased. We'll just have too wait and see what GSP has in store for Matt.
jaymackz is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 542
       
Andrei Arlovski is great and he seemed to have a lousy fight plan against Tim ... I think the majority of times that these 2 would fight, Arlovski would win
Slick_Fugitive is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 542
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublelegtakedown
1. Hughes (not that good of a striker but get's the W on the mat)
2. GSP
3. Anderson silva (phenomal striker)
4. Chuck liddel
5. Sean Sherk (great takedowns. power, and punching power)
6. BJ Penn 9well rounded, heavy hands, submisions)
7. rich Franklin
8. Tito ortiz
9. AA (better then tim....maybe...good combos)
10. Karo Paryisan (muw hahahaaa great judo and subs)
C'mon, Karo just got beat by Diego
Slick_Fugitive is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:51 PM
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
                     
1. Hughes.
2. Liddell
3. Silva.
4. Sherk
5. Sylvia(Yea, I'm naming champs. They should be ranked).
6. GSP.
7. Ortiz.
8. Sanchez
9. Franklin
10. BJ Penn(Yea, I'm having a tough time filling out # 10. Nothing against Penn).

I think naming the champions is good. I mean, like him or not, Sylvia's the world champ. I know most hate the big oaf, but I had to put him in the list.

Franklin's coming off that loss, but I think he should still be ranked. His only UFC loss, and it was to a great opponent.

Silva has cemented his UFC status by defeating Franklin in record time.

Hughes is the man right now. The guy fought(And defeated) everyone the UFC threw at him. A true champion who is a prick, but his personal life doesn't affect me.

Sanchez is undefeated and proven. After GSP vs Hughes, he will be the next in line, or he should be atleast.

Damone is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 542
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone
1. Hughes.
2. Liddell
3. Silva.
4. Sherk
5. Sylvia(Yea, I'm naming champs. They should be ranked).
6. GSP.
7. Ortiz.
8. Sanchez
9. Franklin
10. BJ Penn(Yea, I'm having a tough time filling out # 10. Nothing against Penn).

I think naming the champions is good. I mean, like him or not, Sylvia's the world champ. I know most hate the big oaf, but I had to put him in the list.

Franklin's coming off that loss, but I think he should still be ranked. His only UFC loss, and it was to a great opponent.

Silva has cemented his UFC status by defeating Franklin in record time.

Hughes is the man right now. The guy fought(And defeated) everyone the UFC threw at him. A true champion who is a prick, but his personal life doesn't affect me.

Sanchez is undefeated and proven. After GSP vs Hughes, he will be the next in line, or he should be atleast.
Finally someone agrees that Sanchez belongs in there!
Slick_Fugitive is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 10:02 PM
esv
Middleweight
 
esv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,567
                     
of course sanchez belongs there, hes 5-0 in the ufc.
esv is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 542
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by esv
of course sanchez belongs there, hes 5-0 in the ufc.
Not only 5-0 but he's beat some great competition like Karo Parisyan, Leben, Diaz
Slick_Fugitive is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:09 PM
GO BEARS!
 
asskicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,763
                     
Come on no love for Babalu? Just cause he matches up poorly with Chuck and had a stupid attack doesnt make him a bad fighter.
asskicker is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome