Why Would Any One Think Tito Can Actually Win??? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
LEGEND
 
putmeonhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,684
                     
Why Would Any One Think Tito Can Actually Win???

Just an honest question. Tito's worst fight is a stand up fight, and Liddell is the best striker in the world. Tito's only hope is his ground and pound and Liddell hasn't been on the ground for like almost 2 years. Plus the last time they fought, Liddell blasted Tito's chicklets out his ass. I have nothing but respect for Tito, one of my favorite fighters in the UFC, but I call 'em how I see 'em

Let's Bang!
putmeonhold is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeonhold
Just an honest question. Tito's worst fight is a stand up fight, and Liddell is the best striker in the world. Tito's only hope is his ground and pound and Liddell hasn't been on the ground for like almost 2 years. Plus the last time they fought, Liddell blasted Tito's chicklets out his ass. I have nothing but respect for Tito, one of my favorite fighters in the UFC, but I call 'em how I see 'em

I definatly wouldn't say Chuck is the best striker in the world, maybe the UFC, but anything can happen. Tito has a chance at taking him down. That might be a small chance, but it can happen.
...and I think things have changed since they last fought. At the very least I think this is going to be a bit more entertaining and than last time.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
LEGEND
 
putmeonhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,684
                     
I just think it's sad because he was gone for so long, the nhe finally came back, he's been on a bit of a tear, and then he's gonna go down to Chuck and then his career will start to fall off

Let's Bang!
putmeonhold is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Bantamweight
 
Mc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 675
                     
theres already a thread on this
Mc19 is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeonhold
Just an honest question. Tito's worst fight is a stand up fight, and Liddell is the best striker in the world. Tito's only hope is his ground and pound and Liddell hasn't been on the ground for like almost 2 years. Plus the last time they fought, Liddell blasted Tito's chicklets out his ass. I have nothing but respect for Tito, one of my favorite fighters in the UFC, but I call 'em how I see 'em
well, your argument falls off the boat when you say chuck is the best striker in the world. that is just a flagrant overstatement. but, that aside, what happens when tito takes chuck down and Gnp's him? chucks "super standup" won't mean shizznit!

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeonhold
I just think it's sad because he was gone for so long, the nhe finally came back, he's been on a bit of a tear, and then he's gonna go down to Chuck and then his career will start to fall off

Yeah. Where I would really like to see Tito is coaching and training, bringing up Team Punishment.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
LEGEND
 
putmeonhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,684
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
well, your argument falls off the boat when you say chuck is the best striker in the world. that is just a flagrant overstatement. but, that aside, what happens when tito takes chuck down and Gnp's him? chucks "super standup" won't mean shizznit!
Well if he does take him down, Chuck'll still end up on top

Let's Bang!
putmeonhold is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeonhold
Well if he does take him down, Chuck'll still end up on top

It will be interesting.

Chuck definatly isn't easy to take down
AtomDanger is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:26 PM
esv
Middleweight
 
esv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,567
                     
i wouldnt say that chuck is the best striker in the world. his stance is unorthadox and his hands are often dropped low. but he is still a great stricker and has knocked out a ton of fighters.
esv is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by esv
i wouldnt say that chuck is the best striker in the world. his stance is unorthadox and his hands are often dropped low. but he is still a great stricker and has knocked out a ton of fighters.

12 TKO's, I wouldn't call that a ton.
Not too bad, but not a ton.
AtomDanger is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome