Jeff Monson drives a junker - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #41 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 542
Slick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA freak
Yeah I hope Monson takes all this rage out on Sylvia. That would be funny watching Sylvia be destroyed. But I doubt it. Cruz bloodied of Monson on stand up and Sylvia is the best HW at stand up.
That's true ... about Cruz's standup and the fact that Monson couldn't finish him .. still Cruz (despite his striking) is a very well respected martial artist and he did finish Frank Mir with strikes ... go figure. By the way, I don't know how any of us can say for sure whether Monson is on steroids, the guy could just be naturally big! He sure is no poster child for the UFC though, I'm sure Dana would cringe at having him champ!!!!!!!!!!
Slick_Fugitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-21-2006, 10:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1
rabidfankk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
No steroids?? HA! You're freakin crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA freak
Jeff Monson doesn't take steroids, UFC tests for steroids and he trains like crazy so its not ironic if he has extra large muscles.
Of course they all train like crazy, but if you notice .. there is a bodybuilding magazine for clean body builders, and then there is the rest of them.. look at the ratio of magazines Steroid users 20.. Clean 1...
Now I've been following steroid investigations since the boring as Hell Dubin Inquiry here in Canada when our beloved, now despised Ben Johnson was tested positive.. Dude.. almost all professional athletes do it.. even the damn Pakistani Cricket team!!!
Now I will not name a name here, however one of the fighters on the Next UFC card came to my local dojo in Feburary, and told everybody flat out.. they ALL friggin take roids! It is easy to pass tests.. it is unusual for them to fail... why? because the industry's scientist simply morph and mutate one molecule on an existing steroid thus beating the testing labs.. this is just one of the many "cheating methods"
Dont be naiive my friend..
rabidfankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #43 (permalink)
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your mom's box
Posts: 663
Pr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfankk
Of course they all train like crazy, but if you notice .. there is a bodybuilding magazine for clean body builders, and then there is the rest of them.. look at the ratio of magazines Steroid users 20.. Clean 1...
Now I've been following steroid investigations since the boring as Hell Dubin Inquiry here in Canada when our beloved, now despised Ben Johnson was tested positive.. Dude.. almost all professional athletes do it.. even the damn Pakistani Cricket team!!!
Now I will not name a name here, however one of the fighters on the Next UFC card came to my local dojo in Feburary, and told everybody flat out.. they ALL friggin take roids! It is easy to pass tests.. it is unusual for them to fail... why? because the industry's scientist simply morph and mutate one molecule on an existing steroid thus beating the testing labs.. this is just one of the many "cheating methods"
Dont be naiive my friend..

Please do not live in a fantasy land kids. No matter how hard you work you will never be built like Jeff Monson or Sean Sherk without some good roids. Sad, but true. God, I feel like I'm on a baseball forum talking about Jose Canseco in 1989....*sigh*
Pr0d1gy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,065
Blog Entries: 3
ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
If anyone is surprised by someone in the UFC taking roids then that is just sad. Look at who has tested positive. Bonnar, Barnett, and Sylvia. Those guys look like they train about once a week (physique wise). Then there are people that look like St. Pierre, Sherk, Monson, Tito, and many others. Now I am not saying that just because they look to be in impeccable shape they are taking roids. But there is only so much that a proper diet and hardcore work outs can do. If those three flabby bastards are doing them then I am certainly not expecting others to be clean. But none of this matters because it just provides better fights for everyone anyway. Afterall, who wants to see these guys gas out. Not me.
__________________
ZZtigerZZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
Monson must be a freak of nature. If you can look at that guy and question if he has done roids......don't know what to tell ya.....get a copy of Natural Body Building magazine or something. And good for him, we know for a fact his opponent used them back in the day. The question I cannot answer is this.....how does Monson stay that big when off of a cycle????? I know he lives in the gym but those who have ever platued in the gym know there is only so much that your hard work will pay off and you do not keep all of your gains off of a cycle, that is a fact.
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:11 PM   #46 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 542
Slick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
Monson must be a freak of nature. If you can look at that guy and question if he has done roids......don't know what to tell ya.....get a copy of Natural Body Building magazine or something. And good for him, we know for a fact his opponent used them back in the day. The question I cannot answer is this.....how does Monson stay that big when off of a cycle????? I know he lives in the gym but those who have ever platued in the gym know there is only so much that your hard work will pay off and you do not keep all of your gains off of a cycle, that is a fact.
I never really thought of the whole issue really, I just figured UFC did regular tests and they catch the ones who take it like Tim Sylvia. Then again, body builders like Schwartzenegger - I guess they did roids despite the testing of Mr. Olympia ... still, you'd think he would have been caught by now ... the other guys have
Slick_Fugitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:13 PM   #47 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 542
Slick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
Monson must be a freak of nature. If you can look at that guy and question if he has done roids......don't know what to tell ya.....get a copy of Natural Body Building magazine or something. And good for him, we know for a fact his opponent used them back in the day. The question I cannot answer is this.....how does Monson stay that big when off of a cycle????? I know he lives in the gym but those who have ever platued in the gym know there is only so much that your hard work will pay off and you do not keep all of your gains off of a cycle, that is a fact.
Well, let me re-phrase that ... some of the other guys have ... if it were that obvious you'd think they'd single Monson out ... besides if it's a title fight someone said he will be subject to testing .... if that's true he's gotta know and you can expect to see a very different and smaller version of Monson when he takes on Sylvia
Slick_Fugitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:13 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I totally don't think the skinnier guys like St Pierre are on anything, You can be thin and get a pretty cut out look, but if you honestly think a guy as short as monson got that huge without any help....
well youre in denial my friends
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 542
Slick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished roadSlick_Fugitive is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
Yeah, I totally don't think the skinnier guys like St Pierre are on anything, You can be thin and get a pretty cut out look, but if you honestly think a guy as short as monson got that huge without any help....
well youre in denial my friends
Well, don't you think it's just a matter of time before he gets caught then?
Slick_Fugitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned
 
Pogo the Clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 723
Pogo the Clown has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Fugitive
I never really thought of the whole issue really, I just figured UFC did regular tests and they catch the ones who take it like Tim Sylvia. Then again, body builders like Schwartzenegger - I guess they did roids despite the testing of Mr. Olympia ... still, you'd think he would have been caught by now ... the other guys have

Actually, the Olympia never tested for roids in Arnolds day. Besides they wre not illegal in those day's.


Pogo
Pogo the Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios