25% of Shoguns victories..... - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
The Count
 
AmRiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,521
                     
25% of Shoguns victories.....

Have come via so called "soccer kicks". I know we have only seen him once in the octagon and he was injured but im curious to see how he reacts now when he has an opponent on the floor and hes not able to kick them in the head. 25% or 1 out of 4 fights is a very high number considering that it is banned to use that technique within the ufc

AmRiT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:40 AM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,194
                     
Once again we have been blessed by the infinite wisdom that is villian. I would respond, but it looks like you have a bulletproof arguement there.

Seriously, though, I think Shogun's biggest challenge is going to be getting his cardio going again. He has been out of commision for so long, I am starting to wonder if this was what some members predicted: a career ending injury.


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,656
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apecity View Post
Once again we have been blessed by the infinite wisdom that is villian. I would respond, but it looks like you have a bulletproof arguement there.

Seriously, though, I think Shogun's biggest challenge is going to be getting his cardio going again. He has been out of commision for so long, I am starting to wonder if this was what some members predicted: a career ending injury.
I know what you mean.

TBF I'm a certified Shogun nuthugger through thick and thin and I think he'd do fine without soccer kicks but it's the injuries and the lay off that have got me worried.

It's sad to contemplate that even with all he's accomplished that in a few years Shogun could be regarded as a "what might have been". I mean his knee could be a permanent hindrance and we may never see Shogun reach even near his potential in the UFC.
Bazza89 is offline  
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:59 AM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apecity View Post
Once again we have been blessed by the infinite wisdom that is villian. I would respond, but it looks like you have a bulletproof arguement there.

Seriously, though, I think Shogun's biggest challenge is going to be getting his cardio going again. He has been out of commision for so long, I am starting to wonder if this was what some members predicted: a career ending injury.
I agree. Coming from someone that has had major knee surgery, I can tell you that it takes a while to get back to even 90% (which is where I plateaued). I think he can come back, but I don't know if he will ever make it to the top of the UFC because of the injury.

And Villian, it's impressive to be able to give such a sound argument without any... ughhh... argument at all. Keep up the good work, and don't strain yourself.


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:36 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,194
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza89 View Post
I know what you mean.

TBF I'm a certified Shogun nuthugger through thick and thin and I think he'd do fine without soccer kicks but it's the injuries and the lay off that have got me worried.

It's sad to contemplate that even with all he's accomplished that in a few years Shogun could be regarded as a "what might have been". I mean his knee could be a permanent hindrance and we may never see Shogun reach even near his potential in the UFC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
I agree. Coming from someone that has had major knee surgery, I can tell you that it takes a while to get back to even 90% (which is where I plateaued). I think he can come back, but I don't know if he will ever make it to the top of the UFC because of the injury.
All we can do is wait and see, I suppose. And hope...




mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian View Post
Ok guys let me elaborate shogun imo was a little bit overhyped.he was impressive against rampage(broken rib),Lil nog and Arona.
The rest of his opponents were not even ranked.most of his hype is due to his flashy style of fighting and the rest is because he's affiliated with wandy.so when you add it all up a slightly above average fighter who is now 80% of his old self = Mediocore fighter
Rampage had a broken rib cuz Shogun slammed his knee right through his friggin ribcage. He beat top guys in Arona and Rogerio. Overeem twice, but your right he's just mediocre and hasnt really beaten anyone. Your nuttin but a youtube noobie, I can spot guys like you from a mile away.

P.S. I just dont let anyone talk bad about Shogun, ask around lol




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAmRiT View Post
Have come via so called "soccer kicks". I know we have only seen him once in the octagon and he was injured but im curious to see how he reacts now when he has an opponent on the floor and hes not able to kick them in the head. 25% or 1 out of 4 fights is a very high number considering that it is banned to use that technique within the ufc
What would you expect? He's Brazilian, soccer is in their blood.

Anyway, Shogun's shown that he has excellent ground and pound once his opponent has been put on their back. Check out his fight with Alistair Overeem, he caved Alistair's face in with a Fedor-like flying punch!

Shogun even seemed to be quite well adapted to the use of elbows on the ground and the cage in general against Forrest.
Fedor>all is offline  
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
I dunno how many times I've seen this subject come up Cardio will be his biggest problem and not the soccer kicks.
cabby is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Stapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,156
                     
Although I agree, Jdun, I wouldn't consider Arona one of his best wins. The dude did just go the distance with Silva before that fight while Shogun finished Overeem in under a round.

Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia

Last edited by Stapler; 08-04-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Stapler is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian View Post
A youtube noob cause i'm not a shogun nuthugger? you are clearly out of your nuthugging mind !
No, because your argument was weak and you couldnt get your facts straight. Saying he only beat Rampage cuz he had a broken rib is like saying Anderson Silva only beat Franklin cuz Rich had a broken nose.

Am I a nuthugger? Yes I am, but Im not a blind nutugger I know that.




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome