Herring Ready To See If Lesnar Is The Real Deal - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #61 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,340
Redrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian View Post
Chris can you just close this thread now? It's pointless and going nowhere.
villian, i get the impression that you are just flaming the forum now. quit it, please.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #62 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,340
Redrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World RenownRedrum Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian View Post
Chris can you just close this thread now? It's pointless and going nowhere.
villian, this post is going to achieve nothing other than to inflame posters from your previous thread, and possibly chris. if you do love the forum as you claim, i respectfully ask you at this time to take greater care with your posts. please don't stir the pot any further.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #63 (permalink)
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winter Haven, Fl
Posts: 4,185
Chrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian View Post
Chris can you just close this thread now? It's pointless and going nowhere.
I thought you, of all people would be glad that the thread got closed, but it seems like you're bothered by it.

And no, I'm not going to close this thread.
__________________
Chrisl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #64 (permalink)
Team Penn
 
MetalMunkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,454
MetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian View Post
Chris can you just close this thread now? It's pointless and going nowhere.
I feel like a tool for defending you at all. But, I still urge the other posters to stick with sound advice and "Don't feed the Troll."

EDIT: I just realized I fed him.

Back on topic: I think Brock will take this fight. Herring has already been ridden out by a wrestler and I think Brock will do the same. I think he's training smart and bringing in good trainers to bring up his weaknesses. He also comes from a tough camp at Minnesota MMA with fighters like Sherk and Larson.
__________________
"You must first believe if you are to achieve. That rhymed... unintentionally."

Favorite MMA Fighters:
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
Randy "The Natural" Couture
MetalMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #65 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
Richard Nixon has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I agree 100%. Mir ONLY won because of Brocks lack of a submission defense. If Brock only stood back up after Mir went down the SECOND time it might have been a different story.
Richard Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #66 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Smoka206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2
Smoka206 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think Herring will lose, Lesnar will probally come out and take him down, I don't think Herring will be able to do what Mir did.
Smoka206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #67 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all View Post



I'm not going to say it's easy, but there's definitely a lot of tandem work involved. In MMA it's resistance the whole time, constantly struggling, not working together with your opponent in order to create spectacle.
Undoubtedly MMA is harder in regards to the level of fitness you need and what you have to do in the ring, I just hate these guys who know nothing about the world of pro-wrestling and assume it's an easy life because they are acting.



Quote:
Originally Posted by r00kie View Post
I think we are sailing away from the main subject, I dont see any correlation between abuse of drugs/steroids and the level of physical damage you have to take between MMA and Wrestling...

I understand your point though, and I admit it must be difficult because there is so much competition they are trying to give the best out of themselves... But this is another problem that has nothing to do with the "toughness" of the sport.. Taking massive amount of drugs must be hard on the body, but its not the same toughness that translate to taking punches in the head
I'm just attempting to open your eyes to what the life of Pro-Wrestlers is really like man, you don't really understand it. The reason they are on these massive amounts of drugs is what they put their bodies through, they aren't addicted because they love the taste. They get barely any time off and are away from their families and homes most of the time.

When you say you'd rather be in the WWE than doing MMA, I don't think you really know what you are saying, I mean you weren't even able to recognize a simple botch a few pages ago.

If you simply want to talk about the level of physical damage between MMA and Pro-Wrestling, it wouldn't even be close.



I have come to a conclusion, I think Brock will take this second round tko.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios