Okay I'm going to do it.... - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: If it ever happend who would win this fight?

Lesnar 13 11.50%
Fedor 100 88.50%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 08-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,225
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR View Post
I would go with Fedor but armbar would never happen. In order to pull off an armbar you must physically hyperextend someones arm. Have you seen the size of his arms. If lesnars arm is stronger than fedors it will not go.
Do you not understand how the armbar works?

We're not talking about Fedor's muscle against Brock's muscle. We're talking about Brock Lesnar trying to defend the power of Fedor's hips, lower back, upper core (which controls the arm) and legs (which control the head).

Minowa armbarred Butterbean. I don't think that the strength difference in this fight is that severe.
__________________


Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,902
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Brock is strong, but he's not going to muscle out of that armbar. Fedor gets it really tight and even Choi, who's, realistically, alot more physically powerful (though not as explosive nor as talented as Lesnar) struggled to get out of the first one. It's a waiting game once Fedor gets down there.[/font]

Im not disagreeing that Fedor could armbar Lesnar, but IronMan I gotta argue your logic here as Choi probably is stronger than Lesnar to a degree but the armbar works on the principals of leverage, the longer your arm the harder its gonna be to powerout (all things being equal) therefore even though Choi may be stronger because his arms are so freakishly long Lesnar would probably have an easier time powering out.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 4,337
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbish23 View Post
Is there a reason for the big red text? It's really annoying and doesn't help in proving your point at all.
Yeah, because I can. I dont think I really care if you have a different opinion than mine, Im just stating mine. Ill use any text I feel like using thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Okay, the big red font is annoying, so I'm going to give a little more aggressive response. Don't take it personally, it's just bothersome.
Just as is you super small text that's bugged me from day one but you dont see me telling you to change yours right?
It's not a matter of how much better Fedor's standup is than Brock's, is a matter of how bad Fedor is at defending shots. His game off of his back is great, so it's not really a weakness, but every substantial wrestler that he has fought has put him on his back (Randleman is the only one who did any damage, but they all did it).

I see no reason Brock can't do what Coleman and Lindland did, and I see no reason why he shouldn't. The only problem is, he's going to get caught just like Coleman and Lindland did.

Brock knows that Fedor's standup is better than his. Everybody on the planet, even Brock Lesnar's mama, knows that Fedor's standup is better. Fedor just demolished one of the best strikers in the division (or, one of the former-best strikers in the division, realistically), and he's probably going to kill another one in a few months (yes, I'm already counting Andrei out a little).
And Im not counting out a armbar, Im just saying odds are it will probably be a TKO or choke and Brock could shoot right into a guillotine, Ive see other wrestlers make the mistake of putting there head down and charging in and Brock is guilty of doing just that.

Lesnar isn't going to be stupid enough to stand and trade, I'm fairly certain, and if he does try and take Fedor down, he'll be able to.

He'll try some groundnpound, Fedor which catch the deep hook and lock on the armbar right away to finish the fight.

I think just being stood up would be extremely dangerous for Brock and lets not forget we both agree he would lose its just the “how” and the only reason I even said anything is dudes posting "armbar FACT" when most of us know its more realistic to just say Brock would lose to lack of experience and it will probably be a submission, but no Im still not sold on it being a armbar period when Fedor could basically end it from any position in the cage and at any time.
Brock is strong, but he's not going to muscle out of that armbar. Fedor gets it really tight and even Choi, who's, realistically, alot more physically powerful (though not as explosive nor as talented as Lesnar) struggled to get out of the first one. It's a waiting game once Fedor gets down there.
I actually feel he could power out of a few different attempts but I agree he could get taped and wont get many second chances if any at all.
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
MJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World RenownMJB23 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
Yeah, because I can. I dont think I really care if you have a different opinion than mine, Im just stating mine. Ill use any text I feel like using thanks!
What crawled up your ass?
MJB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 4,337
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbish23 View Post
What crawled up your ass?
Brock Lesnar Im not mad Im just saying I dont think my text is that big of a deal and if you picked some color I didn’t like or size or both eh id put up with it because IMO its not that big of a deal.
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,225
IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Just as is you super small text that's bugged me from day one but you dont see me telling you to change yours right?
Nope. But that's because I don't give a f*ck what you think.

Quote:
And Im not counting out a armbar, Im just saying odds are it will probably be a TKO or choke and Brock could shoot right into a guillotine, Ive see other wrestlers make the mistake of putting there head down and charging in and Brock is guilty of doing just that.
You're the one who said "I'm calling bullsh*t on the armbar."

No wrestler has done that to Fedor and, like I said, Lesnar's not that stupid. He's not going to do it either.


Quote:
I think just being stood up would be extremely dangerous for Brock and lets not forget we both agree he would lose its just the “how” and the only reason I even said anything is dudes posting "armbar FACT" when most of us know its more realistic to just say Brock would lose to lack of experience and it will probably be a submission, but no Im still not sold on it being a armbar period when Fedor could basically end it from any position in the cage and at any time.
Yeah, the post annoyed me too, but I do think it's the most likely possibility. Unless Fedor decides he's going to have some fun and win with a gogo.
__________________


Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios