Fighters you wish were in the UFC but probably will never be - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,656
                     
I'm surprised it took until the 5th post for someone to mention Jacare, with his grappling he can give any 185er problems.

I think NCC/mjbish's list pretty much says it all.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mayhem thrown in there aswell to really beef up the MW division.
Bazza89 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,615
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbish23 View Post
That would never happen tho.
You never know. The dudes not exactly small hes the same heighth as sherck. Hes not the same fighter who lost to Griffin, totally dominated Pulver. I do Believe Pulver beat Penn before. I could be wrong though. I definitely would not count him out. Guys tuff.
TERMINATOR is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:48 PM
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR View Post
You never know. The dudes not exactly small hes the same heighth as sherck. Hes not the same fighter who lost to Griffin, totally dominated Pulver. I do Believe Pulver beat Penn before. I could be wrong though. I definitely would not count him out. Guys tuff.
Pulver beat Penn when Penn had just started MMA. Faber is tough but he hasn't really faced any top competition. I think he's a little overrated.
MJB23 is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:49 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 68
                 
Gomi
Miller
Jacare
Faber
Fedor and little bro
Cung Le
Overeem
frankinaug is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,615
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbish23 View Post
Pulver beat Penn when Penn had just started MMA. Faber is tough but he hasn't really faced any top competition. I think he's a little overrated.
Thats true but the guys fists are like lightning he punches so fast, his wrestling is outstanding, he pretty much humiliates any one he fights. I think he would surprise many people. Ten pounds isnt much. There is no one left for him in the featherweight div i dont think. He would throttle torres if he moved up imo. Only one place to go ufc baby.
TERMINATOR is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:37 PM
"The Great"
 
JT42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,131
                     
To avoid a huge list I will just say my top 5 I would love to see as the UFC stands now:

Yoshihiro Akiyama
Rogerio Noguiera
Joachim Hansen
Takanori Gomi
JZ Calvancante



Gonzaga vs dos Santos - UFC on VS
Vera vs Jones - UFC on VS
Bibs vs Hansen - Dream 13
GSP vs Hardy - UFC 112
Gomi vs Florian - UFN 21
Nelson vs Struve - UFN 21
JT42 is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:45 PM
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR View Post
Thats true but the guys fists are like lightning he punches so fast, his wrestling is outstanding, he pretty much humiliates any one he fights. I think he would surprise many people. Ten pounds isnt much. There is no one left for him in the featherweight div i dont think. He would throttle torres if he moved up imo. Only one place to go ufc baby.
He does have quick hands and good wrestling but he has not beat everyone in the featherweight division. He's beat everyone in the WEC division but there are other orgs out with with good fighters he hasnt beat yet. Also he'd have to move down to fight Miguel Torres not up.
MJB23 is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:47 PM
*Tap or Nap*
 
WarHERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,737
                     
Miller
Kid
Gomi
Fedor


-Ortiz/GSP/Silva
WarHERO is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:48 PM
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHERO View Post
Miller
Kid
Gomi
Fedor
I forgot about Kid, he would be a great addition to the UFC.
MJB23 is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,615
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbish23 View Post
He does have quick hands and good wrestling but he has not beat everyone in the featherweight division. He's beat everyone in the WEC division but there are other orgs out with with good fighters he hasnt beat yet. Also he'd have to move down to fight Miguel Torres not up.
I ment to say Torres move up. Still i want him in the ufc.
TERMINATOR is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome