Rich Franklin - Who's Next? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 36
 
Rich Franklin - Who's Next?

Now that Rich Franklin is no longer mw champ. Who should he fight next? My opinions are Mike Swick or David Loiseau. Mike Swick wants Anderson Silva next but he probably has a better chance facing Rich Franklin.
masterdrummer11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:09 PM
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrummer11
Now that Rich Franklin is no longer mw champ. Who should he fight next? My opinions are Mike Swick or David Loiseau. Mike Swick wants Anderson Silva next but he probably has a better chance facing Rich Franklin.

TUF fighter will face Anderson Silva

Mike Swick will face Rich Franklin
Organik is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Amatuer
 
Coldblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 130
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik
TUF fighter will face Anderson Silva

Mike Swick will face Rich Franklin
if that fight actually happens swick is in for a long wait. i really can't see him abiding by that for a title bout. i bet swick fights silva before he fights franklin.
Coldblue is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 542
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldblue
if that fight actually happens swick is in for a long wait. i really can't see him abiding by that for a title bout. i bet swick fights silva before he fights franklin.
I would actually think that Swick would get a title shot before the TUF 4 winner, thought maybe Franklin might face someone like Jason MacDonald, the dude who beat Shortfuse Ed Herman
Slick_Fugitive is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:12 AM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
   
in rumor section of mmaweekly.com, chris leben is in next UFN but his opponent is unknown, maybe they put swick against leben and then a title shot. it is soon for swick to get a title shot, he did not do any good thing in The crow fight.
toraj is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Future UFC LW Champ
 
CTFlyingKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,957
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by toraj
in rumor section of mmaweekly.com, chris leben is in next UFN but his opponent is unknown, maybe they put swick against leben and then a title shot. it is soon for swick to get a title shot, he did not do any good thing in The crow fight.
too soon? the guy has had 5 UFC fights, won them all, and not to mention beat former number 1 contender David Loiseau. I think hes lined up perfect for a title shot, after all, Anderson got his after simply beating Chris Leben lol
CTFlyingKnee is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:34 AM
Bantamweight
 
Spit206Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 669
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTFlyingKnee
too soon? the guy has had 5 UFC fights, won them all, and not to mention beat former number 1 contender David Loiseau. I think hes lined up perfect for a title shot, after all, Anderson got his after simply beating Chris Leben lol



Franklin wont be fighting in 2006

i wouldn be suprised to see franklin untill april or so.

Id like to see Evan Tanner come back and fight Swick or matt lindland.

Then after Silva kills the TUF 4 finalest he'd fight winner of Swick vs whoever.

What is it that is going to be on your mind when you're on your death bed? Will it be the tedious years of 9 to 5, or the memory of some great acheivement. Maybe a moment you stood in glory to the applause of millions.
-Evan Tanner
Spit206Fire is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Bantamweight
 
Wombatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 794
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit206Fire



Franklin wont be fighting in 2006

i wouldn be suprised to see franklin untill april or so.

Id like to see Evan Tanner come back and fight Swick or matt lindland.

Then after Silva kills the TUF 4 finalest he'd fight winner of Swick vs whoever.
agreed...Franklin wont fight again at least until March next year. TUF 4 winner will get shot soon enough and Swick deserves a shot, both will prob loose then Rich can fight one tune up fight then go back for another crack later next year.
Wombatsu is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:31 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
 
For some reason Marquardt keeps being overlooked. He has won every fight he's had in the UFC. He has been in line for the title for some time now. I think with the way Rich pushes the action this could be a good fight.

Marquardt's UFC record :
Win Crafton Wallace Undercard at the last Ultimate Fight Night
Win Joe Doerksen UFC 58
Win Ivan Salaverry Ultimate Fight Night 1
Shifty 1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome