Which UFC fights would you say are the Best of 2008? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
BJJ Prince
 
kilik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,155
kilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level nowkilik is on another level now
I wouldnt say he was raped on the ground. He got Maia in a couple of tight submission holds and nearly finished him off. Both fighters showed great BJJ.
__________________

kilik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 669
blaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enoughblaked will become famous soon enough
Doesnt anyone else find it funny the 3 "most exciting" and "best" fights of the year werent even that great. fights like Hendo/Silva, Sherk/Penn, and Huerta/Florian.
__________________
"It's easy to do anything in victory. It's in defeat that a man reveals himself." - Floyd Patterson
blaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Shamrock-Ortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,960
Shamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all View Post
The problem with giving Maia/MacDonald fight of the year props is that it wasn't much of a fight. MacDonald didn't really put up a fight, he was raped on the ground and showed heart.. that's about it.

It was still exciting though, mainly due to the ground wizardry from Maia.
Wow gotta disagree with you on this one.

The reason I was so into it, was because J-Mac was actually putting up a great fight. He wasn't completely raped on the ground, especially compaired to how he SHOULD have been raped. I remember giving all rounds to Maia, but there were parts where Mac got Maia's back and had a Guillotine on him (I think)

But maybe I am remembering it wrong.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1 View Post
ps. all respect to you guys but i cant really bring myself to see the greatness in the rampage vs forrest fight. it was a good fight, yes. but imo not even close to being fight of the year. not once did that fight have me sitting on the edge of the sofa thinking that anything could happen.
The reason some people were into that fight, and "on the edge of their sofa" was because they were big fans of either of those two. I personally wasn't on the edge of mine, but I know I would of been at some points in the fight had I actually cared who won.
__________________
Fedor fights I want to see..

Fedor vs. Josh Barnett
Fedor vs. Randy Couture
Fedor vs. Tim Sylvia - DEMOLISHED
Fedor vs. Andrei Arlovski - DEMOLISHED

hmmmmm, i wonder how many become reality..

2007
Shamrock-Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock-Ortiz View Post
Wow gotta disagree with you on this one.

The reason I was so into it, was because J-Mac was actually putting up a great fight. He wasn't completely raped on the ground, especially compaired to how he SHOULD have been raped. I remember giving all rounds to Maia, but there were parts where Mac got Maia's back and had a Guillotine on him (I think)

But maybe I am remembering it wrong.
MacDonald has Maia's back for a couple of seconds, but Maia slipped out the backdoor, MacDonald's best effort was definitely the guillotine. MacDonald showed great submission defense, but when you're on the defensive 90% of the fight, how is it much of a fight? It's more of a struggle to survive. It was exciting to watch, but not very close IMO.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Shamrock-Ortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,960
Shamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He CrossesShamrock-Ortiz Is Respected By All He Crosses
I think the fact that MacDonald didn't get completely killed on the ground like I thought he would, gave me the memory that he did better than he actually did. I don't think it was close either. I definitely give alot of credit to MacDonald though, should of absolutely been FOTN, it was more of a fight than GSP/Fitch, just from the Guillotine.

I think the two things that MacDonald did in that fight, the Guillotine and getting Maia's back, were both mouth opening things, definitely for me anyway. So exciting stuff for sure. I know what you're saying though.
__________________
Fedor fights I want to see..

Fedor vs. Josh Barnett
Fedor vs. Randy Couture
Fedor vs. Tim Sylvia - DEMOLISHED
Fedor vs. Andrei Arlovski - DEMOLISHED

hmmmmm, i wonder how many become reality..

2007
Shamrock-Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
Fedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World RenownFedor>all Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock-Ortiz View Post
I think the fact that MacDonald didn't get completely killed on the ground like I thought he would, gave me the memory that he did better than he actually did. I don't think it was close either. I definitely give alot of credit to MacDonald though, should of absolutely been FOTN, it was more of a fight than GSP/Fitch, just from the Guillotine.

I think the two things that MacDonald did in that fight, the Guillotine and getting Maia's back, were both mouth opening things, definitely for me anyway. So exciting stuff for sure. I know what you're saying though.
Yeah I definitely can agree with what you're saying, it was for sure the most exciting fight at UFC 87.
Fedor>all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
GKY
Bantamweight
 
GKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 961
GKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level now
Maia vs. JMac was the best groundwar I've ever seen, so that ones my fav.

Give honorable mention though to Boeck vs. Danzig
GKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
N1
Photobucket
 
N1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangbus
Posts: 4,568
N1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF MaterialN1 Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
I think people just don't like giving that fight credit because they're still bitter about Forrest winning.
i couldnt honestly care less ho won. im not a fan of either. and this does not mean i HATE em, im just not a fan
__________________

N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios