Other then Brock Lesnar.... - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Flyweight
 
Goat Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 342
                     
Although not a Brock fan (at all), he isn't overhyped. Michael Bisping was, IMHO.
Goat Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 PM
GKY
Bantamweight
 
GKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 962
                     
Ok I'm going to try to avoid arguing that Brock is overhyped because I think he is but I'll leave it.

It has to be Bisping, who is good in his own right, but honestly he isn't on the level people put him at.

Forum Bets: 2-0

__________________________
GKY is offline  
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 10:35 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3
 
Lesnar... over hyped? I have not read every post on here, but IMHO... Lesnar does not belong in the UFC AT ALL, my son and husband argue this point with me constantly... all he has going for him, is a huge guy that can muscle people around... that is not what I want to see, not at all (Dana.. PAY ATTENTION) I want to see MEN that are skilled in multiple facets of MMA, it's fine to excell in one avenue of that, but to have only ONE does not constitute MIXED and is this not MIXED Martial Arts? What does Lesnar have that is mixed? Lesnar muscles people to the mat and holds them there, where's the skill in that?
UFC_Biotch is offline  
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 318
     
After how Lesnar handled the MMA veteran Heath Herring, you cannot say he does not belong in the UFC, of course he does. Sure Brock is not the most skilled guy in MMA, but size and strength are factors as well in the sport.

I do agree it wasn't that entertaining to watch Lesnar hold Herring on the ground, seems like he didn't know how to finish the guy. But once he learns how to effectively throw punches and elbow from that dominant position, and what to do if a guy gives him his back, man that's going to be a scary place to be for all UFC HWs.
Shogun is offline  
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,393
                     
When people start asking if a 1-1 (in UFC) guy can beat Fedor.. you know hes overrated
bail3yz is offline  
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 394
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_Biotch View Post
Lesnar... over hyped? I have not read every post on here, but IMHO... Lesnar does not belong in the UFC AT ALL, my son and husband argue this point with me constantly... all he has going for him, is a huge guy that can muscle people around... that is not what I want to see, not at all (Dana.. PAY ATTENTION) I want to see MEN that are skilled in multiple facets of MMA, it's fine to excell in one avenue of that, but to have only ONE does not constitute MIXED and is this not MIXED Martial Arts? What does Lesnar have that is mixed? Lesnar muscles people to the mat and holds them there, where's the skill in that?
You're new here so I'm gonna cut you a break and keep it short.

Lesnar is a 6 time wrestling(not pro wrestling) champ with a record of 105-3 I think. He is a wrestler, a very good one, and he does what wrestlers do:
manhandle their opponents and use ground and pound.It takes a ton a skill to do what he does.And obviously, it works for him.

But dont say brock simply uses his strength to throw people around like some school yard bully, because that is completely false
jeremy202 is offline  
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 PM
N1
Photobucket
 
N1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 4,642
                     
guida


Kovalev - Golovkin
N1 is offline  
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 11:08 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy202 View Post
You're new here so I'm gonna cut you a break and keep it short.

Lesnar is a 6 time wrestling(not pro wrestling) champ with a record of 105-3 I think. He is a wrestler, a very good one, and he does what wrestlers do:
manhandle their opponents and use ground and pound.It takes a ton a skill to do what he does.And obviously, it works for him.

But dont say brock simply uses his strength to throw people around like some school yard bully, because that is completely false
Don't cut me a break because I'm new or a "chick" don't need it, don't want it.

I know his record, he is good I am not taking that away from him; his style does work for him.. you are 100% correct; however IF it was anyone else coming into the UFC, and having a limited number of bouts, would they be going for the title?
UFC_Biotch is offline  
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
wanksta1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Juneau
Posts: 11
 
rousimar palhares.

"If I can change... and you can change... then everybody can change!"
-Rocky Balboa
wanksta1988 is offline  
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 318
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_Biotch View Post
Don't cut me a break because I'm new or a "chick" don't need it, don't want it.

I know his record, he is good I am not taking that away from him; his style does work for him.. you are 100% correct; however IF it was anyone else coming into the UFC, and having a limited number of bouts, would they be going for the title?
Well name me another fighter with only 3 MMA fights under his belt that would be favored to beat Randy Couture? If Brock wins the belt with a win over Randy which is very possible, like him or not, Brock Lesnar will have accomplished an AMAZING feat.
Shogun is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome