Rashad Evans: "There are many holes in Chuck's game" - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,079
dontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledgedontazo Is True Champion Of Knowledge
i wish forest beats him to the oblivion
dontazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,463
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
I actually agree with Rashad. He has been accused of showboating many times before, and I do think its mostly because his cultural background is different. He's dead-on about Chuck running around the ring screaming like a maniac after his KO's, but Rashad gets called a showboater for literally just doing a little dance after his win. I don't think its that people are racist against him, but I do think a lot of white people don't "get" black culture and jump to the conclusion that his little dances and stuff are somehow very insulting to his opponent, moreso than anyone else's celebrations.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Flak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,757
Flak Needs A HugFlak Needs A HugFlak Needs A HugFlak Needs A HugFlak Needs A HugFlak Needs A HugFlak Needs A HugFlak Needs A HugFlak Needs A HugFlak Needs A HugFlak Needs A Hug
Yes, i totally think Rashad has such an iron face that he can simply laugh at Chuck's best shots. I mean, ofCOURSE those shots he shrugged off landed just how Chuck would have liked, and in no way were less than perfectly timed and aimed with full power.

I guess everyone else Chuck has KOed simply has an inferior ability to take a shot....probably because they're white, except for Vernon, as he's a disgrace to the brotherhood!

*raises fist*
__________________
Demian Maia may be the Fred Astaire of jiu-jitsu, but it’s too bad Silva is the Gene Kelly of kicking everyone’s ass.
Flak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Zarlok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 191
Zarlok Needs A HugZarlok Needs A HugZarlok Needs A HugZarlok Needs A HugZarlok Needs A HugZarlok Needs A HugZarlok Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I actually agree with Rashad. He has been accused of showboating many times before, and I do think its mostly because his cultural background is different. He's dead-on about Chuck running around the ring screaming like a maniac after his KO's, but Rashad gets called a showboater for literally just doing a little dance after his win. I don't think its that people are racist against him, but I do think a lot of white people don't "get" black culture and jump to the conclusion that his little dances and stuff are somehow very insulting to his opponent, moreso than anyone else's celebrations.
Uhh, actually, the general consensus is no one knows what the hell Rashad is talking about, since no one was complaining about him "showboating" with a silly dance. He's invented a bogus situation, and then even played the race card after his complete fabrication of reality.

That tired ass race card isn't going to give him any more fans, and I just don't think a lot of black people "get" it.
Zarlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,463
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarlok View Post
Uhh, actually, the general consensus is no one knows what the hell Rashad is talking about, since no one was complaining about him "showboating" with a silly dance.
There were at least half a dozen people complaining about it in the bar I watched it at. I think they were mostly just bitter Chuck fans that felt like they had been symbolically KO'ed as well, because they are also fat aging white guys and he was their hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak View Post
I guess everyone else Chuck has KOed simply has an inferior ability to take a shot....probably because they're white, except for Vernon, as he's a disgrace to the brotherhood!
Or perhaps Chuck just doesn't have the power he once did.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
Cheesy Poofs
 
stitch1z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,588
stitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I actually agree with Rashad. He has been accused of showboating many times before, and I do think its mostly because his cultural background is different. He's dead-on about Chuck running around the ring screaming like a maniac after his KO's, but Rashad gets called a showboater for literally just doing a little dance after his win. I don't think its that people are racist against him, but I do think a lot of white people don't "get" black culture and jump to the conclusion that his little dances and stuff are somehow very insulting to his opponent, moreso than anyone else's celebrations.
I don't agree that this is a culture gap issue.

Their are other black fighters in the UFC that don't have the aura of arrogance Rashad has when he celebrates victory.
Anderson Silva dances when he wins. I wouldn't call what he does disrespectful.

If a black guy doesn't like Chuck running around the ring screaming when he wins, would you attribute that to a cultural gap? Like, it only bothers black people because Chuck is white?
Of course not.

Rashad doesn't realize he's a showboat because he is that self-absorbed. And I imagine his fans don't see it for the most-part because they are emotionally invested in him as a fighter.

But the fact is, he comes off as quite arrogant. It's DEFINITELY not a white/black thing. Some people just hate arrogant antics after a fight such as:

James Irvin's "cowboy pistol thing"
Brock Lesnar riding Heath Herring like a horse, and pointing and laughing in his face.
Tito's "digging the grave" thing he does when he wins.

And I still stand by the fact that if someone asks you how hard your opponent hit you, there are several more humble responses than "Ah man... Was that it?"

Dude's a showboat. Black or white. Love him or hate him.
__________________



Don Frye's Mustache > Kimbo's Beard
stitch1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,463
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1z View Post
I don't agree that this is a culture gap issue.

Their are other black fighters in the UFC that don't have the aura of arrogance Rashad has when he celebrates victory.
Anderson Silva dances when he wins. I wouldn't call what he does disrespectful.

If a black guy doesn't like Chuck running around the ring screaming when he wins, would you attribute that to a cultural gap? Like, it only bothers black people because Chuck is white?
Of course not.

Rashad doesn't realize he's a showboat because he is that self-absorbed. And I imagine his fans don't see it for the most-part because they are emotionally invested in him as a fighter.

But the fact is, he comes off as quite arrogant. It's DEFINITELY not a white/black thing. Some people just hate arrogant antics after a fight such as:

James Irvin's "cowboy pistol thing"
Brock Lesnar riding Heath Herring like a horse, and pointing and laughing in his face.
Tito's "digging the grave" thing he does when he wins.

And I still stand by the fact that if someone asks you how hard your opponent hit you, there are several more humble responses than "Ah man... Was that it?"

Dude's a showboat. Black or white. Love him or hate him.
Wait, Zarlok was just telling me the consensus was that Rashad DIDNT showboat after that fight... You dare disagree with the consensus!!?!??
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto - Canada
Posts: 713
NATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the roughNATAS is a jewel in the rough
I really really really dont even consider Andersons "dance" anything close to showboating. Its more of a celebrationg towards Muay Thai tradition.


oops unless u mean that guitar strumming thing lol
NATAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Cheesy Poofs
 
stitch1z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,588
stitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crossesstitch1z Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Wait, Zarlok was just telling me the consensus was that Rashad DIDNT showboat after that fight... You dare disagree with the consensus!!?!??
Yeah, I disagree with the consensus. lol.

Maybe showboating is too strong or maybe even a misleading term. I suppose I'm going to stick with an "aura of arrogance" from now on...

It could be made into a Disney movie after Rashad retires:
"Rashad Evans and his Aura of Arrogance"

__________________



Don Frye's Mustache > Kimbo's Beard
stitch1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #40 (permalink)
MLD
Bantamweight
 
MLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon Country
Posts: 643
MLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1z View Post
I don't agree that this is a culture gap issue.

Their are other black fighters in the UFC that don't have the aura of arrogance Rashad has when he celebrates victory.
Anderson Silva dances when he wins. I wouldn't call what he does disrespectful.

If a black guy doesn't like Chuck running around the ring screaming when he wins, would you attribute that to a cultural gap? Like, it only bothers black people because Chuck is white?
Of course not.

Rashad doesn't realize he's a showboat because he is that self-absorbed. And I imagine his fans don't see it for the most-part because they are emotionally invested in him as a fighter.

But the fact is, he comes off as quite arrogant. It's DEFINITELY not a white/black thing. Some people just hate arrogant antics after a fight such as:

James Irvin's "cowboy pistol thing"
Brock Lesnar riding Heath Herring like a horse, and pointing and laughing in his face.
Tito's "digging the grave" thing he does when he wins.

And I still stand by the fact that if someone asks you how hard your opponent hit you, there are several more humble responses than "Ah man... Was that it?"

Dude's a showboat. Black or white. Love him or hate him.
Excellent points. Repped. Your examples were good ones. People just don't like showboating. Even an opponent who gets beat down deserves some respect for getting in the Octagon in the first place. Except Gabe R. of course.
MLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios