What are we thinkin about Arlovski? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Satans little helper
 
mrbalkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Howell, Michigan
Posts: 224
                   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972
I believe that Monson will be holding the belt after this PPV anyways. We all know that Sylvia has some problems with ground fighters. (Quite an understatment)

And after that I see no problem with the winner of Mir/Vera getting a shot. I think that AA needs to fight a few more times, just as a kind of punishment for the last fight with Sylvia. He needs to know that a 5 round borefest is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

WINNER - 1st post.
Flawless Victory!!

-Storm442
mrbalkie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 10:58 AM
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
i think after vera wins arlovski should fight mir. since that fight was supposed to happen anyway. then arlovski should fight monson, and if tim is the #1 contender he has to fight him again, before he fights brandon. we will def see him fight ti m again. heres a pic of andre from ufc 57
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andre.jpg (13.8 KB, 17 views)
j.farrell is offline  
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 AM
TLB
Flyweight
 
TLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 413
 
I think the winner of the Vera, Mir fight will get the next shot. AA is one of my favorite fighters and I would really like to see him with the belt again but Unless Tim loses the belt they wonít have an AA vs Silvia fight unless there is no where else for the HW division to go.
TLB is offline  
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 11:44 AM
TLB
Flyweight
 
TLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 413
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972
I believe that Monson will be holding the belt after this PPV anyways. We all know that Sylvia has some problems with ground fighters. (Quite an understatment)

And after that I see no problem with the winner of Mir/Vera getting a shot. I think that AA needs to fight a few more times, just as a kind of punishment for the last fight with Sylvia. He needs to know that a 5 round borefest is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

I was in agreement with your post until I got to the ďpunishment for the last fightĒ comment and every thing that followed that. The guy injured his left knee in the 2nd round so badly that it swelled up twice its normal size after the fight and I even heard he had to have surgery on it. I have not seen any thing to confirm the surgery but his personal trainer did conform that he injured his knee in the second round. Come one man, the guy trains hard and fights hard every time. This one time he got injured he still hung in there knowing he couldnít take the fight to the ground and knowing he didnít have any thing on his punches because he is a warrior and a true competitor. But you say that wonít be tolerated?
TLB is offline  
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winter Haven, Fl
Posts: 4,185
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB
I was in agreement with your post until I got to the “punishment for the last fight” comment and every thing that followed that. The guy injured his left knee in the 2nd round so badly that it swelled up twice its normal size after the fight and I even heard he had to have surgery on it. I have not seen any thing to confirm the surgery but his personal trainer did conform that he injured his knee in the second round. Come one man, the guy trains hard and fights hard every time. This one time he got injured he still hung in there knowing he couldn’t take the fight to the ground and knowing he didn’t have any thing on his punches because he is a warrior and a true competitor. But you say that won’t be tolerated?
If that is the case, which I was unaware of, then I hope to see him come back as exciting as ever. I love to see AA bang. He's one of my favorites.

I still would like to know what happened the first round. He never did go for the shoot, there was a pacing to both men that told us right from the start that we were in for a long night. I just want to see the old AA back and if it takes Dana making sure that he understands that he's there to entertain the paying public and not just to win fights.

Once again, I LOVE AA. I just want him to come back the way he was and not the AA that left me bored and disappointed.

Chrisl972 is offline  
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:19 PM
TLB
Flyweight
 
TLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 413
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972
If that is the case, which I was unaware of, then I hope to see him come back as exciting as ever. I love to see AA bang. He's one of my favorites.

I still would like to know what happened the first round. He never did go for the shoot, there was a pacing to both men that told us right from the start that we were in for a long night. I just want to see the old AA back and if it takes Dana making sure that he understands that he's there to entertain the paying public and not just to win fights.

Once again, I LOVE AA. I just want him to come back the way he was and not the AA that left me bored and disappointed.
That is actually something a lot of people didnít know because when AA was asked about it he said he would not comment on an injury because he didnít want to take away from Timís victory(which I think says alot about Arlovski). MMAweekly followed up with his trainer though and he told them what happend. As far as the first round they both knew what kind of punching power they were capable of so there were feeling each other out and AA also said that if he was losing a stand up battle he would take the fight to the ground in the latter rounds but like I said he couldnít do that because of his knee.
TLB is offline  
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:23 PM
TLB
Flyweight
 
TLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 413
 
TLB is offline  
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:18 PM
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB
That is actually something a lot of people didnít know because when AA was asked about it he said he would not comment on an injury because he didnít want to take away from Timís victory(which I think says alot about Arlovski). MMAweekly followed up with his trainer though and he told them what happend. As far as the first round they both knew what kind of punching power they were capable of so there were feeling each other out and AA also said that if he was losing a stand up battle he would take the fight to the ground in the latter rounds but like I said he couldnít do that because of his knee.
yeah andre is a true champion for that, i would like to see him get the belt back again some day. too bad my boy brandon vera is in the way.
j.farrell is offline  
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Punishment
 
The Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 5,360
                     
I think the winner of Vera/Mir will get a shot with the winner of that match being Frank Mir one reason being that Vera has never faced anybody like Mir and if Mir is in shape he is one of the top heavyweights. Then Mir will break Tim Sylvia's other arm and win the belt then after one or two more fights Arlovski will get his title shot and a match a lot of people were tlaking about before Mir was stripped of his belt.
The Legend is offline  
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Bantamweight
 
Slamnbam88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 891
     
vera>monson>sylvia
Slamnbam88 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome