What are we thinkin about Arlovski? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Satans little helper
 
mrbalkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Howell, Michigan
Posts: 224
mrbalkie will become famous soon enoughmrbalkie will become famous soon enoughmrbalkie will become famous soon enoughmrbalkie will become famous soon enoughmrbalkie will become famous soon enoughmrbalkie will become famous soon enoughmrbalkie will become famous soon enoughmrbalkie will become famous soon enoughmrbalkie will become famous soon enoughmrbalkie will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972
I believe that Monson will be holding the belt after this PPV anyways. We all know that Sylvia has some problems with ground fighters. (Quite an understatment)

And after that I see no problem with the winner of Mir/Vera getting a shot. I think that AA needs to fight a few more times, just as a kind of punishment for the last fight with Sylvia. He needs to know that a 5 round borefest is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
__________________
WINNER - 1st post.
Flawless Victory!!

-Storm442
mrbalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-24-2006, 10:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
j.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to behold
i think after vera wins arlovski should fight mir. since that fight was supposed to happen anyway. then arlovski should fight monson, and if tim is the #1 contender he has to fight him again, before he fights brandon. we will def see him fight ti m again. heres a pic of andre from ufc 57
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andre.jpg (13.8 KB, 17 views)
__________________


Ground and Pound Drilling..http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72196009&hl=en
j.farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
TLB
Flyweight
 
TLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 413
TLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think the winner of the Vera, Mir fight will get the next shot. AA is one of my favorite fighters and I would really like to see him with the belt again but Unless Tim loses the belt they won’t have an AA vs Silvia fight unless there is no where else for the HW division to go.
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
TLB
Flyweight
 
TLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 413
TLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972
I believe that Monson will be holding the belt after this PPV anyways. We all know that Sylvia has some problems with ground fighters. (Quite an understatment)

And after that I see no problem with the winner of Mir/Vera getting a shot. I think that AA needs to fight a few more times, just as a kind of punishment for the last fight with Sylvia. He needs to know that a 5 round borefest is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

I was in agreement with your post until I got to the “punishment for the last fight” comment and every thing that followed that. The guy injured his left knee in the 2nd round so badly that it swelled up twice its normal size after the fight and I even heard he had to have surgery on it. I have not seen any thing to confirm the surgery but his personal trainer did conform that he injured his knee in the second round. Come one man, the guy trains hard and fights hard every time. This one time he got injured he still hung in there knowing he couldn’t take the fight to the ground and knowing he didn’t have any thing on his punches because he is a warrior and a true competitor. But you say that won’t be tolerated?
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winter Haven, Fl
Posts: 4,185
Chrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB
I was in agreement with your post until I got to the “punishment for the last fight” comment and every thing that followed that. The guy injured his left knee in the 2nd round so badly that it swelled up twice its normal size after the fight and I even heard he had to have surgery on it. I have not seen any thing to confirm the surgery but his personal trainer did conform that he injured his knee in the second round. Come one man, the guy trains hard and fights hard every time. This one time he got injured he still hung in there knowing he couldn’t take the fight to the ground and knowing he didn’t have any thing on his punches because he is a warrior and a true competitor. But you say that won’t be tolerated?
If that is the case, which I was unaware of, then I hope to see him come back as exciting as ever. I love to see AA bang. He's one of my favorites.

I still would like to know what happened the first round. He never did go for the shoot, there was a pacing to both men that told us right from the start that we were in for a long night. I just want to see the old AA back and if it takes Dana making sure that he understands that he's there to entertain the paying public and not just to win fights.

Once again, I LOVE AA. I just want him to come back the way he was and not the AA that left me bored and disappointed.
__________________
Chrisl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
TLB
Flyweight
 
TLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 413
TLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972
If that is the case, which I was unaware of, then I hope to see him come back as exciting as ever. I love to see AA bang. He's one of my favorites.

I still would like to know what happened the first round. He never did go for the shoot, there was a pacing to both men that told us right from the start that we were in for a long night. I just want to see the old AA back and if it takes Dana making sure that he understands that he's there to entertain the paying public and not just to win fights.

Once again, I LOVE AA. I just want him to come back the way he was and not the AA that left me bored and disappointed.
That is actually something a lot of people didn’t know because when AA was asked about it he said he would not comment on an injury because he didn’t want to take away from Tim’s victory(which I think says alot about Arlovski). MMAweekly followed up with his trainer though and he told them what happend. As far as the first round they both knew what kind of punching power they were capable of so there were feeling each other out and AA also said that if he was losing a stand up battle he would take the fight to the ground in the latter rounds but like I said he couldn’t do that because of his knee.
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
TLB
Flyweight
 
TLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 413
TLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Here is a link.
Arlovski to Undergo MRI on Left Leg
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
j.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to beholdj.farrell is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB
That is actually something a lot of people didn’t know because when AA was asked about it he said he would not comment on an injury because he didn’t want to take away from Tim’s victory(which I think says alot about Arlovski). MMAweekly followed up with his trainer though and he told them what happend. As far as the first round they both knew what kind of punching power they were capable of so there were feeling each other out and AA also said that if he was losing a stand up battle he would take the fight to the ground in the latter rounds but like I said he couldn’t do that because of his knee.
yeah andre is a true champion for that, i would like to see him get the belt back again some day. too bad my boy brandon vera is in the way.
__________________


Ground and Pound Drilling..http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...72196009&hl=en
j.farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Punishment
 
The Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 5,360
The Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level now
I think the winner of Vera/Mir will get a shot with the winner of that match being Frank Mir one reason being that Vera has never faced anybody like Mir and if Mir is in shape he is one of the top heavyweights. Then Mir will break Tim Sylvia's other arm and win the belt then after one or two more fights Arlovski will get his title shot and a match a lot of people were tlaking about before Mir was stripped of his belt.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Slamnbam88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 891
Slamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this point
vera>monson>sylvia
Slamnbam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios