MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   What matchups have the UFC held that are unrealistic (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/44036-what-matchups-have-ufc-held-unrealistic.html)

Grotty 09-28-2008 04:23 AM

What matchups have the UFC held that are unrealistic
 
Marcus Davis- Paul Kelly, poor matchup.
Cote vs Silva, one sided as hell.

what fights have been held or gonna happen that you think the match making is questionable.?

N1 09-28-2008 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grotty (Post 671233)
Marcus Davis- Paul Kelly, poor matchup.
Cote vs Silva, one sided as hell.

what fights have been held or gonna happen that you think the match making is questionable.?

the shamrock vs ortiz fights. Great thread Grotty :thumbsup:

morninglightmt 09-28-2008 04:49 AM

Crocop vs Sanchez
Werdum vs Vera
GSP vs Serra...yes I know
Penn vs Pulver, stupid TUF matchups
Ortiz vs Shamrock!

Darkgecko 09-28-2008 06:33 AM

Rich Franklin vs Matt Hammil

Regardless of the outcome, I didnt like this matchup

AmRiT 09-28-2008 06:40 AM

Silva vs Cote
Lesnar vs Herring


both easily one sided, only one ouytcome in each

TeamPunishment5 09-28-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morninglightmt (Post 671244)
Crocop vs Sanchez
Werdum vs Vera
GSP vs Serra...yes I know
Penn vs Pulver, stupid TUF matchups
Ortiz vs Shamrock!

How was Penn vs. Pulver a bad match up, the fight was gonna happen no matter what since teh first one was an upset

wafb 09-28-2008 09:57 AM

I haven't decided yet if the Randy vs. Lesnar fight is unrealistic. Sure, Brock will bring people in to watch the fight but, how could someone that has a total of one win in the UFC and a total of 3 fights get a shot at the belt.:dunno:

Walker 09-28-2008 09:58 AM

Elvis Sinosic versus Michael Bisping and you could argue ES vs. Forrest Griffin because he was 1-3 in the UFC at the time but had lost to 3 good fighters- Ortiz, Tanner and Sobral. But going into the Bisping fight dude was 1-5 in the UFC- I mean I know they want to build the TUF champs up by c'mon.

Whoever the hell they put against Kongo on the last card.

Houston Alexander- Keith Jardine- yeah Keith got whupped but he was coming off a KO win over Forrest and instead matching him up with another good fighter they give him an unknown first timer. Had he won he would have just treaded water in the LHW division instead he got KTFO.

Santos versus Fabricio Werdum.

I don't agree with whoever said Vera-Werdum that was not that great of a mismatch though Werdum was favored.

Chuck versus Jardine- oh wait...crap. :thumbsdown:

Chuck versus Rashad- oh wait...:angry08::sad01:

Darkgecko 09-28-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walker (Post 671331)
Houston Alexander- Keith Jardine- yeah Keith got whupped but he was coming off a KO win over Forrest and instead matching him up with another good fighter they give him an unknown first timer. Had he won he would have just treaded water in the LHW division instead he got KTFO.

Excellent point, forgot about that one.

Toxic 09-28-2008 12:21 PM

You never know what is gonna be one sided and what isnt. I thought Marquedt/Kampman would be FOTN instead it was a one sided beat down of epic proportions, I though Lidell would have Rashad seeing stars instead Chuck ended up counting the lights.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2