Diego Sanchez as champion? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-25-2006, 02:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
TLB
Flyweight
 
TLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 413
TLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyfrompred
I think GSP, HUGHES and PENN would all take sanchez out. I dont really like sanchez, but besides my opinion, he has managed to win many fights. It seems his conditioning is what makes him out last his opponents, not so much "Skill". That Is why I agree with many of you that the 3 mentioned above out "skill" him. Most of the fights I have seen him win have been final round decisions. Anyone have the stats on his TKO,KO, Submission wins?
Advertising at Sherdog.com
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,065
Blog Entries: 3
ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
To the person who said Diego's BJJ is badass, what the hell were you thinking? His BJJ is nearly nonexistent. His cardio is badass, that is about all tha is badass.

I think they should put him up agianst someone like Fitch. Both guys are improving.

Here is the problem though. GSP wil win, then GSP will have to fight the winner of TUF 4 and a rematch with Hughes before fighting anyone else. If BJ stays in that division someone should have to beat him before moving past him as the contender, and it seems to be a consensus that Diego is not ready for BJ. This is the reason that people end up leaving the UFC. I have said this before. Dana does not know how to run the organization and since he isn't even paying these guy's well they probably won't stick around.

Even if Hughes wins, Penn should get a rematch and TUF 4 winner will dtill be there to fight the champion. So no matter the situation, this fight is at least a year away especially the way the WW division has been on pace. How many fights did Hughes, GSP, and Penn have htis year again? Two a piece right. I think GSP might have had three, and Hughes will have his third later. So this fight is at least 8 months away.

About this Riggs and Diego rumor. When the hell are they going to kick Riggs out of the UFC? THe guy has lost to almost anyone that has skill? He is easily one of the most overrated fighters in the world.
__________________
ZZtigerZZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
GO BEARS!
 
asskicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,763
asskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enough
Theres a really good chance he will never be champ. Him and GSP are the same age so the only way I see Diego being champ is if he vastly improves and gets better than GSP or if GSP leaves the UFC or gets injured. Because right now GSP would own Diego.
asskicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
Damone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like Tuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81
To the person who said Diego's BJJ is badass, what the hell were you thinking? His BJJ is nearly nonexistent. His cardio is badass, that is about all tha is badass.

I think they should put him up agianst someone like Fitch. Both guys are improving.

Here is the problem though. GSP wil win, then GSP will have to fight the winner of TUF 4 and a rematch with Hughes before fighting anyone else. If BJ stays in that division someone should have to beat him before moving past him as the contender, and it seems to be a consensus that Diego is not ready for BJ. This is the reason that people end up leaving the UFC. I have said this before. Dana does not know how to run the organization and since he isn't even paying these guy's well they probably won't stick around.

Even if Hughes wins, Penn should get a rematch and TUF 4 winner will dtill be there to fight the champion. So no matter the situation, this fight is at least a year away especially the way the WW division has been on pace. How many fights did Hughes, GSP, and Penn have htis year again? Two a piece right. I think GSP might have had three, and Hughes will have his third later. So this fight is at least 8 months away.

About this Riggs and Diego rumor. When the hell are they going to kick Riggs out of the UFC? THe guy has lost to almost anyone that has skill? He is easily one of the most overrated fighters in the world.
You really need to re-watch Diaz vs Sanchez & Karo vs Sanchez if you think Diego's BJJ is non existant. He manages to roll out of sub attempts with ease, gets both guys' backs, and is able to keep them down. Never once was he in trouble with either man, and he kept them playing the defense role. Karo was able to throw Diego, but everytime, Diego recovered. The guy's a cardio machine, but that's not the only thing that's "badass" about him. His wrestling & BJJ are really underrated.

About the Alessio fight: Yea, it's hard trying to catch a guy who keeps running away from you. Alessio did jack all in that fight except neutralize a sick looking Diego.
__________________
Damone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
This thread and many others prove that Diego is not overated. Of all of the post here, 11 are negative 3 are Neutral and 6 posts are good. Diego is not overated. He was not favored in the Parisyan fight and I don't know if he was in the Diaz fight.

Diego was on the ultimate fighter and with one exception his fights are either brutal or exciting so he is very well known.

Being well known does not mean you are overated. The majority on this thread and many others do not think Diego can take the big 3 in this weight class. Diego is not overated.
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,065
Blog Entries: 3
ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone
You really need to re-watch Diaz vs Sanchez & Karo vs Sanchez if you think Diego's BJJ is non existant. He manages to roll out of sub attempts with ease, gets both guys' backs, and is able to keep them down. Never once was he in trouble with either man, and he kept them playing the defense role. Karo was able to throw Diego, but everytime, Diego recovered. The guy's a cardio machine, but that's not the only thing that's "badass" about him. His wrestling & BJJ are really underrated.

About the Alessio fight: Yea, it's hard trying to catch a guy who keeps running away from you. Alessio did jack all in that fight except neutralize a sick looking Diego.
That is his wrestling ability. Not his supreme BJJ.
__________________
ZZtigerZZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
Damone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like Tuna
He's won by submission before, it's not my fault he's a sadistic bastard who'd rather pound someone's face in than sub him/them.

He hung in there on the ground with Nick Diaz and Karo. Both are pretty good, though Karo can be a little sloppy with sub's. He doesn't stand a chance against BJ Penn on the ground, but I never said he did.

Who are these people who said he had "Supreme BJJ"?
__________________
Damone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,065
Blog Entries: 3
ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone
He's won by submission before, it's not my fault he's a sadistic bastard who'd rather pound someone's face in than sub him/them.

He hung in there on the ground with Nick Diaz and Karo. Both are pretty good, though Karo can be a little sloppy with sub's. He doesn't stand a chance against BJ Penn on the ground, but I never said he did.

Who are these people who said he had "Supreme BJJ"?
Someone earlier in this thread. Any one who has his success in MMA is going to have good BJJ (or they haven't fought ANYONE). Karo's BJJ is average, he gets guys in positions they are not used to by throwing them in ways they are not used to. I think that Diego vs. Karo was diego's most complete fight, but not nearly as decisive as some people think. He won two round and Karo won one. I think if he fought Diaz (as much as I hate the guy), Diaz would give him a better fight. His strength is by far his wrestling, and I personally think he is the 3rd best wrestler in that division (Hughes and Fitch are better, imo).

About the BJ comment, who does stand a chance against him on the ground? The guy has been one of the most impressive fighters for a long time and his BJJ is some of the best I have seen.

LOL about the sadistic part.
__________________
ZZtigerZZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
Damone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like TunaDamone Smells Like Tuna
A motivated BJ Penn can beat anyone.

He's just scary good when he's "on". He took on Machida, and gave him trouble. I came out liking Penn more than Machida in that fight.
__________________
Damone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,065
Blog Entries: 3
ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
About two years ago, I didn't like Penn because he doesn't apply himself. But I have since switched sides because the guy is just too talented to dislike.

I think Machida should come to the UFC and start killing people. He would be a good match for some of those LHW's.
__________________
ZZtigerZZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios