Monson vs Silvia - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who will walk away with the precious belt tim cant leave home without?

Tim Silvia 20 38.46%
Jeff Monson 32 61.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 10-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
f-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 273
f-dog has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
sylvia is gonna knockout monson in the first round monson is a bum who only beats scrubs
Hey, easy now I'm a scrub!
f-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hamill>Bisping
 
Team Punishment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI
Posts: 357
Team Punishment has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yeah Im also thinking Sylvia is going to knock out Monson.
Team Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 279
ShootBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbender
From what Ive seen of Monson thats unlikely but possible I guess.

I just havent been impressed with Silvia at all. I was SHOCKED when AA lost to him TWICE!

I guess thats all it takes, 1 good shot in the right place and its over, which goes to prove it could be anyones fight, really. Except Monson is really aggressive in his fights and I can bet just about anything he'll rush right in on Silvia and take him down (or try to)

I dont think Silvia will be prepared for an immediate takedown,. probably figures on a standup for awhile. Except Monson knows the reach advantage is too great, so the takedown has to happen, the clinch at the bvery least. And he hits JUSt as hard, or damn close.

Monson 1st round GNP 2nd for sure
I'm sure Militich has Silvia training take down defense with Hughes (5'9" as is Monson) doing the shooting.
ShootBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Slamnbam88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 891
Slamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootBoxer
I'm sure Militich has Silvia training take down defense with Hughes (5'9" as is Monson) doing the shooting.
taking absolutely nothing away from hughes...i think he lacks the power...i cant see him (once he shoots in...or even gets close) delivering the power shots and handleing sylvia like monson can do. I dont think 260 is much of a challenge for monson to lift /move
Slamnbam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
hbdale309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 354
hbdale309 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Monson hasn't beaten anyone worth notice. I think his record against decent opposition is like 2-4, with another loss coming to a scrub. There is just no way he beats Sylvia. I would give him a chance but his height disadvantage is just too much of a mismatch.
Sylvia by KO or TKO in round 1.
hbdale309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
LethalLLama
 
iwasthere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 106
iwasthere Needs A Hugiwasthere Needs A Hugiwasthere Needs A Hugiwasthere Needs A Hugiwasthere Needs A Hugiwasthere Needs A Hugiwasthere Needs A Hug
Talking

GO MONSON!!!!!!!!!!
iwasthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Slamnbam88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 891
Slamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdale309
Monson hasn't beaten anyone worth notice. I think his record against decent opposition is like 2-4, with another loss coming to a scrub. There is just no way he beats Sylvia. I would give him a chance but his height disadvantage is just too much of a mismatch.
Sylvia by KO or TKO in round 1.
XFC heavyweight champion, Cagewarriors heavyweight champion, Fightsport heavyweight champion, 2X Abu Dhabi world champion.

two of his losses being to chuck (he doesnt belong in lhw and it still went to the judges) and ricco...i dont know if id call them scrubs..... im not sayin hes gonna dominate..but all he has to do is put him down once...and if he survived chucks must faster and probably compareable in power punchs (def more frequent and elusive then sylvias) he has a good ****in shot.
Slamnbam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
Team Penn
 
MetalMunkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,454
MetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamnbam88
XFC heavyweight champion, Cagewarriors heavyweight champion, Fightsport heavyweight champion, 2X Abu Dhabi world champion.

two of his losses being to chuck (he doesnt belong in lhw and it still went to the judges) and ricco...i dont know if id call them scrubs..... im not sayin hes gonna dominate..but all he has to do is put him down once...and if he survived chucks must faster and probably compareable in power punchs (def more frequent and elusive then sylvias) he has a good ****in shot.
OHHH, BURN!!!!
__________________
"You must first believe if you are to achieve. That rhymed... unintentionally."

Favorite MMA Fighters:
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
Randy "The Natural" Couture
MetalMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 279
ShootBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamnbam88
taking absolutely nothing away from hughes...i think he lacks the power...i cant see him (once he shoots in...or even gets close) delivering the power shots and handleing sylvia like monson can do. I dont think 260 is much of a challenge for monson to lift /move
The difference in strength is not the point. But rather the simulation in Monson's height, the speed of the shoot and getting Silvia's reflex timing down to react in sprawls is what they'll be training.

You also made note of "power shots". If they expect Monson to punch his way in to shoot afterward, they'll have Hughes simulating that as well. Trust and believe.
ShootBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Slamnbam88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 891
Slamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this pointSlamnbam88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootBoxer
The difference in strength is not the point. But rather the simulation in Monson's height, the speed of the shoot and getting Silvia's reflex timing down to react in sprawls is what they'll be training.

You also made note of "power shots". If they expect Monson to punch his way in to shoot afterward, they'll have Hughes simulating that as well. Trust and believe.

fair enough...just kinda hard to try and practice a real fight scenerio with someone whos not the guy...like if he can shake off hughes once he tried to take him down....it might not be as easy for him since monsons stronger

id also say its probly fairly easy to find a tall striker

Last edited by Slamnbam88 : 10-26-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Slamnbam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios