tito's future in the ufc??? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Amatuer
 
lfaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 139
 
tito's future in the ufc???

hey i was just wondering what you thought tito's future would look like if he loses to chuck. he's really only got a questionable win over forrest and two wins against shamrock who hasent been a contender in years. so im just wonderin where his career would go after the loss.
lfaris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 379
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfaris
hey i was just wondering what you thought tito's future would look like if he loses to chuck. he's really only got a questionable win over forrest and two wins against shamrock who hasent been a contender in years. so im just wonderin where his career would go after the loss.
Nowhere fast? I really think forrest > tito and pretty much tito is only getting a title because of how uber popular he is.
kyle1 is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Amatuer
 
Coldblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 130
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1
Nowhere fast? I really think forrest > tito and pretty much tito is only getting a title because of how uber popular he is.
and it was in his contract that he'd get a guaranteed shot at the title. but yeah, chuck's going to dismember his head.
Coldblue is offline  
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfaris
hey i was just wondering what you thought tito's future would look like if he loses to chuck. he's really only got a questionable win over forrest and two wins against shamrock who hasent been a contender in years. so im just wonderin where his career would go after the loss.

Maybe fight Forrest again? I definatly wouldn't see him retiring or anything.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:29 AM
True Grappler
 
IronMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 6,222
                     
Forrest's performance against Stephen Bonnar was iffy at best. If he had been in there against Tito he would have gotten finished. I think Tito is definitely the better fighter, though he'll get smashed by Chuck because he'll have to stand and trade with Chuck.

I think Tito is going to be the #2 Lightheavyweight in the UFC until Brandon Vera drops down and starts to prove he deserves to be there.
IronMan is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:33 AM
LethalLLama
 
iwasthere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 106
             
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Forrest's performance against Stephen Bonnar was iffy at best. If he had been in there against Tito he would have gotten finished. I think Tito is definitely the better fighter, though he'll get smashed by Chuck because he'll have to stand and trade with Chuck.

I think Tito is going to be the #2 Lightheavyweight in the UFC until Brandon Vera drops down and starts to prove he deserves to be there.
I disagree. I believe Forrest's fight with Stephan Bonnar proved how much he has improved. Bonnar never had a chance in that fight. As much as people would like to say that was another slugfest, it really wasn't. Griffin showed tremendously improved stand-up and was definately the better fighter as opposed to the first slugfest where I believe Bonnar won.
iwasthere is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwasthere
I disagree. I believe Forrest's fight with Stephan Bonnar proved how much he has improved. Bonnar never had a chance in that fight. As much as people would like to say that was another slugfest, it really wasn't. Griffin showed tremendously improved stand-up and was definately the better fighter as opposed to the first slugfest where I believe Bonnar won.

You're right, but I wouldn't say he got leaps and bounds better.
I think he improved a little bit but I think he looked worse than when he went with Tito Ortiz
AtomDanger is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 AM
LethalLLama
 
iwasthere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 106
             
I also believe him and Bonnar are friends and Dana may have told them to
"Do it again". Maybe he didn't want to embarrass him with an arse whoopin or maybe they were paid to "slug it out"
iwasthere is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Future UFC LW Champ
 
CTFlyingKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,957
           
Retirement? Guys, Tito is 31 years old lol theres no sign of retirement in him for quite some time. As for him squeaking out a decision against Forrest? No way, did you see that first round? That should have EASILY been 10-8 across the board. Hes more than earned his shot at the gold, especially more than Forrest has lol, beating Bonnar and Elvis Sinosic doesnt give you a title shot im sorry. Im a fan of Tito, but I'm pretty sure no one can stop the Iceman right now
CTFlyingKnee is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:05 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 318
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTFlyingKnee
Retirement? Guys, Tito is 31 years old lol theres no sign of retirement in him for quite some time. As for him squeaking out a decision against Forrest? No way, did you see that first round? That should have EASILY been 10-8 across the board. Hes more than earned his shot at the gold, especially more than Forrest has lol, beating Bonnar and Elvis Sinosic doesnt give you a title shot im sorry. Im a fan of Tito, but I'm pretty sure no one can stop the Iceman right now
To be fair, beating an old Ken Shamrock twice isn't exactly all that impressive either.
Shogun is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome