UFC 91 poster for Couture vs. Lesnar - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #31 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
lagmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 163
lagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the rough
Hey my first post!

A few years back I noticed a guy with some beastly cauliflower ears and sporting a UFC t-shirt boarding a plane out of Vegas (bound for DC) right in front of me and after we got on the plane and he finally turned around I was amazed to discover that it was Randy Couture. I've never been to a live MMA event, so my exposure to these guys has been limited to what I see on TV, and they always seem like giants to me.

Call it a perspective thing I guess...

Anyhow, once I got over being star struck at being in the presence of greatness the thing that really blew my mind was that Randy in real life was nowhere near as big a dude as I always thought he was. Sure, he looked lean and mean but he's not a monster.

It doesn't surprise me that Randy comes off looking small when he appears (on a poster) next to Brock Lesner. Like him or hate him, Lesner is a giant son of a bitch.
lagmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,092
Davisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For Greatness
Haha, penis sword.
__________________

Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Tommy08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 493
Tommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enoughTommy08 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagmonkey View Post
Hey my first post!

A few years back I noticed a guy with some beastly cauliflower ears and sporting a UFC t-shirt boarding a plane out of Vegas (bound for DC) right in front of me and after we got on the plane and he finally turned around I was amazed to discover that it was Randy Couture. I've never been to a live MMA event, so my exposure to these guys has been limited to what I see on TV, and they always seem like giants to me.

Call it a perspective thing I guess...

Anyhow, once I got over being star struck at being in the presence of greatness the thing that really blew my mind was that Randy in real life was nowhere near as big a dude as I always thought he was. Sure, he looked lean and mean but he's not a monster.

It doesn't surprise me that Randy comes off looking small when he appears (on a poster) next to Brock Lesner. Like him or hate him, Lesner is a giant son of a bitch.
It's not just randy, many wrestlkers are a lot smaller than they appear on camera. It's not a deliberate thing, its just how the filming comes across. I am 6'0" 245 and just a touch of a belly, and people think I be too small for wrestling- compared to the image they have in their minds based on tv; where actually the opposite is true and i've wrestled in a tiny promotion - where I was literally the biggest guy.

I used to travel frequently and have seen quite a few wrestlers at airports as well. They are big, just not as big as they seem on tv.

Last edited by Tommy08 : 10-10-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Tommy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
lagmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 163
lagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the roughlagmonkey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy08 View Post
It's not just randy, many wrestlkers are a lot smaller than they appear on camera. It's not a deliberate thing, its just how the filming comes across. I am 6'0" 245 and just a touch of a belly, and people think I be too small for wrestling- compared to the image they have in their minds based on tv; where actually the opposite is true and i've wrestled in a tiny promotion - where I was literally the biggest guy.

I used to travel frequently and have seen quite a few wrestlers at airports as well. They are big, just not as big as they seem on tv.
I hear you. Didn't Dana White make a joke when Rampage Jackson walked out at the beginning of the last TUF that went something like "I bet all these guys think you look smaller in real life than you did on TV." I can't remember his exact words, but you get the idea.

The funny thing about my flight from Las Vegas story was that Ken Shamrock was on the same plane (I shit you not) and he actually looked bigger in real life than he does on TV.
lagmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
joey__stalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 898
joey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of lightjoey__stalin is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFranklin88 View Post
I'm not diggin this poster at all. Couture doesn't really look like himself. And as for Lesnar, that cock on his chest looks SO STUPID.
It's a crappy, ugly, tattoo yet I can't take my eyes away from it...
__________________
- A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
- It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

See you Space Cowboy...
joey__stalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #36 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Darkgecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 453
Darkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really niceDarkgecko is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey__stalin View Post
It's a crappy, ugly, tattoo yet I can't take my eyes away from it...
I wouldn't admit that if I were you :P
Darkgecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In ur nightmares
Posts: 162
starbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura aboutstarbug has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
Really bad poster and Randy looks small, not sure if it's because he's beside Lesnar.
Well.. duh of course its cos Lesnar is much bigger. Size means nothing, the superior fighter will win... Randy all the way, written him off too many times before and been wrong, aint gonna do it again this time.
starbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios