Chuck Liddell would be better off at HW
I truly believe that this would be the best move for Chuck and the UFC.
1. Chuck already walks around in the 230's I believe. He is already bigger than Randy, and would have a lot more energy since he wouldn't have to cut weight.
2. The guys at LHW are too fast. You seen it vs Rashad and Jardine. These guys are much younger and faster than Chuck. At HW, they will be at more of Chuck's speed.
3. He will have a better shot at getting a shot for the HW belt than the LHW belt. Chuck is not getting any younger, his time in this sport is coming to an end. Right now, he's buried under Rampage,Wanderlei,Rashad,Machida,Silva, Franklin and the winner of JArdine and Vera. That's a lot of people to be under. In the HW division, he would just have to wait for the tourney to be over, and be under Werdum basically.
4. Look at the people in the HW division- In this division, Werdum/Gonzaga/Mir/Nog and Lesnar all rely heavily on taking their opponent down. Can they get Chuck down?! It rarely happens. Chuck is a better striker then them all, and if the y can't get him down, the ball would be in Chuck's court.
5. It opens up many new doors. In the LHW division, we seen Chuck vs Rampage,Wanderlei,Jardine,Rashad. I would still be excited to see these fights again, but I wouldn't be overly excited. The only fight I would be itching to see is him vs Forrest, which by the looks of things is not going to happen. In the HW division you can have him vs Nog, Mir,Werdum, Gonzaga and the two huge fights in him vs Lesnar and maybe him vs Randy again?!
Chuck vs Lesnar would be the HUGEST draw in UFC history.
So what do you guys think, dumb or smart idea?