Diego out of UFC 90 - Page 10 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who Wins?
Thiago Alves 42 35.00%
Josh Koscheck 78 65.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Lightweight
 
attention's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,968
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69nites View Post
you're aware that either way Alves is going to rehydrate and walk in the octagon at the same weight right?

Not that Alves will miss weight again.
If it were that easy for him, he woulda made weight the last time and wouldnt have needed to rely on a diuretic on the prior occasion.

Sure the pressure is on... but its always on... or at least, it should have been.

IMHO, he simply might not belong at this weight any longer.
attention is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,860
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by attention View Post
If it were that easy for him, he woulda made weight the last time and wouldnt have needed to rely on a diuretic on the prior occasion.

Sure the pressure is on... but its always on... or at least, it should have been.

IMHO, he simply might not belong at this weight any longer.
he's made weight at 170 for 24 fights and missed 2. He's not really much bigger than the first time I saw him fight either.

He used an illegal diuretic which was stupid but there are perfectly legal ones to take. Last time he missed weight because he injured his foot. The other time he missed weight by a half pound. A discrepency in scales can account for a half pound...
69nites is offline  
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Lightweight
 
attention's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,968
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69nites View Post
he's made weight at 170 for 24 fights and missed 2. He's not really much bigger than the first time I saw him fight either.

He used an illegal diuretic which was stupid but there are perfectly legal ones to take. Last time he missed weight because he injured his foot. The other time he missed weight by a half pound. A discrepency in scales can account for a half pound...
'He hasnt looked much bigger' ???
'He missed weight by half a pound' ???

They guy has stacked on some serious muscle... and missed the weigh in by 4 lbs versus hughes.

You would think as a pro you would want to make sure you were 'under' by a decent margin the next time... if it were possible that is... and in his case, I dont think it is.

He can shut me up easily by making weight... which, as you stated... shouldnt be hard.
attention is offline  
post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,860
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by attention View Post
'He hasnt looked much bigger' ???
'He missed weight by half a pound' ???

They guy has stacked on some serious muscle... and missed the weigh in by 4 lbs versus hughes.

You would think as a pro you would want to make sure you were 'under' by a decent margin the next time... if it were possible that is... and in his case, I dont think it is.

He can shut me up easily by making weight... which, as you stated... shouldnt be hard.
go back and look at pictures. he doesn't have much more muscle at all.

I weigh 215 and cut to 185. If I could take IV fluids (like he probably does) I think I could probably get close to 170.

I sure hope he doesn't disapoint me and miss weight.
69nites is offline  
post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 459
                     
Koscheck by snoozefest.
brief is offline  
post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 07:50 PM
KinG
 
SlaveTrade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,261
                     
Koscheck by lopsided decision.



Pride of KOREA:

Yoshihiro Akiyama (Choo Sung Hoon)
Denis "The Super Korean" Kang
Yoon Dong Sik
Dong Hyun "Stun Gun" Kim
Bu Kyung Jung
Hong Man "The Techno Goliath" Choi
SlaveTrade is offline  
post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:47 PM
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by brief View Post
Koscheck by snoozefest.
When was the last time you saw Kos the Boss fight?

Damone is offline  
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Koscheck's bitch ass will just lay on him....yay
coldcall420 is offline  
post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Heavyweight
 
e-thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 3,896
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
When was the last time you saw Kos the Boss fight?
Well apparently when he fought Sanchez. Hate to admit it but his fights have been entertaining ever since.

hopefully he will entertain me by getting put to sleep somehow someway in this fight.
e-thug is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome