Rashad Evans will never be Champ - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Punishment
 
The Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 5,360
The Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level nowThe Legend is on another level now
I love it when people make these type of threads.
__________________
[
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
elardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 961
elardo is just really niceelardo is just really niceelardo is just really niceelardo is just really niceelardo is just really niceelardo is just really niceelardo is just really niceelardo is just really niceelardo is just really niceelardo is just really niceelardo is just really nice
I can definitely see Rashad as being capable of winning the belt. I've thought so for the last year, but I'm not a die hard Rashad fan. I have been disappointed with some of his fights, but I can't put the blame all on him. I think that his record is good enough to back him up in this debate.
elardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
GKY
Bantamweight
 
GKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 961
GKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level nowGKY is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornbreadBB View Post
You can keep on saying that he wont beat Forrest, but that will not change anything. The truth is it is very, very possible that he does win.
Actually I tend to agree with the OP. Forrest has better everything then Rashad except wrestling, and barring a flash KO (Forrest has a strong chin though so that is less likely) Rashad is scewed.

Forrest has amazing BJJ which honestly only 2 or 3 people can even compete with (he tooled Shogun on the floor, knee injurys or not Forrest had a shoulder injury so that make it about even, and he wooped Rampage worse then Arona could on the ground), so if Rashad does take Forrest down he will get subbed in a matter of a minute or 2 (hell even Tito caught Rashad in a guilotine). Forrest has top 3 cardio, Rashad has quite bad cardio, Forrest has amazing striking, Rashad just has KO power but pretty average striking, and Forrest is very good at gameplanning recently so he won't chase Rashad like Chuck did.

Please explain to me how Rashad is going to win this fight.

And yeah I also agree he won't beat a lot of LHWs.
__________________
Forum Bets: 2-0

__________________________
GKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 512
Vikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level nowVikingpride is on another level now
Yeah you can't say for sure that Evans won't beat Griffin. I mean at the very least he has a punchers chance (even a scrub like Kimbo would have one against Fedor), but Evans has a much better chance then that.

Obviously if Evans is able to land a clean shot like he did vs Chuck then it's over, but even a semi clean shot could drop Forrest just because of Evans power. Evans also has deceptive head movement and seems to be a hard guy to Predict and time.

I still like Forrest in this fight because of his cardio, Improving Ground game, and his overall maturation in the way he fights. I see this being a very close match, until maybe the later rounds where i think Evans tires and Forrest eventually ends up in a dominant position where he gets the sub. With that being said though i'm only like 60% to 40% or 3 to 2 that Forrest wins.

It might not even be that good for Forrest because Don't forget this is the guy who up until a few fights ago would just go in the pocket and bang it out with guys until someone fell. If he was to fall back into that trap vs Evans then i really don't like Forrest's chances.
Vikingpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Suizida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 992
Suizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really niceSuizida is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingpride View Post
Yeah you can't say for sure that Evans won't beat Griffin. I mean at the very least he has a punchers chance (even a scrub like Kimbo would have one against Fedor), but Evans has a much better chance then that.

Obviously if Evans is able to land a clean shot like he did vs Chuck then it's over, but even a semi clean shot could drop Forrest just because of Evans power. Evans also has deceptive head movement and seems to be a hard guy to Predict and time.

I still like Forrest in this fight because of his cardio, Improving Ground game, and his overall maturation in the way he fights. I see this being a very close match, until maybe the later rounds where i think Evans tires and Forrest eventually ends up in a dominant position where he gets the sub. With that being said though i'm only like 60% to 40% or 3 to 2 that Forrest wins.

It might not even be that good for Forrest because Don't forget this is the guy who up until a few fights ago would just go in the pocket and bang it out with guys until someone fell. If he was to fall back into that trap vs Evans then i really don't like Forrest's chances.

Rashad's headmovement won't matter much in this fight, as he is primarily a leg kicker, of course he will mix it up with strikes....but he will still use his leg kicks to take the spring out of rashad's step
Suizida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,869
Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotty View Post
Evans will never be champ!, the LHW division is now full of fighters that are better than him, he only just beat Bisping on points who is a physically limited MW, yes he KOd Liddell but Jardine beat Liddell then lost to the likes of Alexander.
Put it this way, Hamill would test Evans, T. Silva would destroy Evans standing IMO, Machida would just destroy him with crisper strikes and better movement, Henderson could beat him, Franklin would beat him, I honestly think that Evans has got as far as he is going to get as there are just too many hurdles out there for him, Just wait til Shogun unloads on him if they ever fought.
Can you see Evans ever being able to become champ?
I never thought I would say this but this thread is one big gigantic FAIL!

No offense dude but this post is moronic.

Like everyone else said, Rashad isn't fighting Shogun, Hamill, Franklin, Henderson, or Machida! He's fighting the current LHW champion for the title. Unlike the other fighters you just names (with the exception of Machida) Rashad worked up the ladder and earned his shot. So to say he will never be champ is a bit much at this point.

and then there is this....
Quote:
he only just beat Bisping on points who is a physically limited MW, yes he KOd Liddell but Jardine beat Liddell then lost to the likes of Alexander.
This has to be the worst MMA math yet. Jardine was coming off a win against Forrest Griffin, who is the current LHW champion, before he fought Houston. A KO win against Forrest showed that the dude is a solid fighter.

Also, Chuck may have lost to Rampage and Keith but he rebounded when he got a win off of Wanderlei Silva. You remember him right! So its not like Rashad was fighting a broken down Chuck Liddell.
__________________
You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 14
Individual Needs A HugIndividual Needs A HugIndividual Needs A HugIndividual Needs A HugIndividual Needs A HugIndividual Needs A Hug
Gotta admit it though the way he beat Chuck was pure brilliance.

he's got great movement and now KO power .
Individual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 795
Sinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really niceSinister is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKY View Post
Actually I tend to agree with the OP. Forrest has better everything then Rashad except wrestling, and barring a flash KO (Forrest has a strong chin though so that is less likely) Rashad is scewed.

Forrest has amazing BJJ which honestly only 2 or 3 people can even compete with (he tooled Shogun on the floor, knee injurys or not Forrest had a shoulder injury so that make it about even, and he wooped Rampage worse then Arona could on the ground), so if Rashad does take Forrest down he will get subbed in a matter of a minute or 2 (hell even Tito caught Rashad in a guilotine). Forrest has top 3 cardio, Rashad has quite bad cardio, Forrest has amazing striking, Rashad just has KO power but pretty average striking, and Forrest is very good at gameplanning recently so he won't chase Rashad like Chuck did.

Please explain to me how Rashad is going to win this fight.

And yeah I also agree he won't beat a lot of LHWs.
Rampage was also better than Forrest at damn near everything and Forrest still managed to win that fight. And I wouldn't say Forrest has a good chin at all, he has amazing recovering time when he's put on his ass but he drops quite easy. It showed in the Jackson fight after he was dropped, he covered up when Jackson unleashed punches. Rashad can knock out Forrest, he just needs to be ready to get on top of him before Forrest clues in to where he is.

I don't think Rashad has bad cardio, but definatly not the greatest but that is one of the easiest things to change in your gameplan as long as you train really hard at it. Tito used to have shitty cardio and is now known for having some of the best in the LHW division.

Forrest won't sub Rashad as easy as you think, Rashad is a strong wrestler and will know how to place himself to avoid a quick submission from Forrest. But Rashad's sub defense hasn't really been tested, but I haven't seen crazy BJJ displays from Forrest either.

Forrest works with one of the best gameplan masters in Couture. But Rashad also trains at a camp known for having some of the best gameplans brought into the Octagon with Greg Jackson.

I'm not rooting for Rashad, but this fight is a hell of a lot closer than you make it out to be.
__________________


This Time ... Break It!

FFL Season 3: 11th Place
Quinton Jackson vs. TBA
Gesias Calvancante vs. TBA
Fabricio Werdum vs. TBA
Thales Leites vs. Anderson Silva

Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
ShadyNismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: HoLLyW00d, FL
Posts: 1,532
ShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For GreatnessShadyNismo Is Destined For Greatness
Evans will beat Forrest.
__________________
Fav. Fighters

1. Georges St. Pierre
2. Quinton Jackson
3. Anderson Silva


"If Your Not Cheatin, Your Not Tryin Hard Enough" Tito Ortiz
Forum Bets
54-15
ShadyNismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Water-boarding some liberals...
Posts: 1,341
Scarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I love it when people make these type of threads.
Same here...they make me feel better about myself.
__________________
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios