1) I think it's pretty hard for a fighter at this level to be faked out by mind games.
2) I don't think it's a stretch to think that GSP was told before the fight that they'd call him into the ring to say something to Hughes after the fight.
3) About the 'forced'-sounding comments: GSP is French Canadian with a pretty strong accent. His English doesn't have the same cadence and inflection of someone who speaks English as their first language.
3a.) GSP's a fighter, not an orator.
4) I don't think GSP is in Hughes' head, either, but it seems every time someone (that is, anyone who is not Chuck Liddell) says "I'm going to beat him up and knock him out", they come in over-aggressive and lose.
1. a finishing stroke; anything that effectually ends or settles
2. discharge or release from life.
3. a period of retirement or inactivity.