Coutures Restraining Order Against Beard - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
                     
Hey guys, this is interesting for a really juicy legal reason that I will explain. Sorry if its like textual Nyquil.

Extreme Couture is a company and Affliction is too. They formed a partnership together so they can do business together (Affliction shirt w/ Ex. Couture) and vice versa.

Since they are partners together, Kim Couture can ask for an accounting of the Affliction and the law says Affliction MMMMMMMUST give it to her. No wiggle room, Affliction could ask for an accounting of Extreme Couture as well.

"Asking for an accounting" means Kim is asking Affliction to open their money books to her so she can look and say "Hey this is a good partner, I want to do business with them"

It is never a good sign when a partner refuses to open the books. it makes me think Affliction's books probably look like Elite XC's books. Look how long its been since they had a show and the fact that they forecast their next show so far in the future makes me think they were needing alot of time to get money for the next show.

This looks extremely fishy and Randy isn't worried about his wife getting hurt. The restraining order is a strategic legal tactic.

A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Resident Pyrotechnician
 
cplmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,766
                     
All I can think to say is wow, mma better un**** itself and soon. I was a big supporter of multiple promotions but I've been rethinking that more and more with EXC, Affliction and the TV troubles over at DREAM. I still like that the crooks in mma mostly keep themselves out of the spotlight unlike boxing.
cplmac is offline  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 286
           
Wow if beard wont quit randy is gonna have to beat the shit out of him
_Destruction_ is offline  
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop View Post
Hey guys, this is interesting for a really juicy legal reason that I will explain. Sorry if its like textual Nyquil.

Extreme Couture is a company and Affliction is too. They formed a partnership together so they can do business together (Affliction shirt w/ Ex. Couture) and vice versa.

Since they are partners together, Kim Couture can ask for an accounting of the Affliction and the law says Affliction MMMMMMMUST give it to her. No wiggle room, Affliction could ask for an accounting of Extreme Couture as well.

"Asking for an accounting" means Kim is asking Affliction to open their money books to her so she can look and say "Hey this is a good partner, I want to do business with them"

It is never a good sign when a partner refuses to open the books. it makes me think Affliction's books probably look like Elite XC's books. Look how long its been since they had a show and the fact that they forecast their next show so far in the future makes me think they were needing alot of time to get money for the next show.

This looks extremely fishy and Randy isn't worried about his wife getting hurt. The restraining order is a strategic legal tactic.
Actually seeing as its a licensing deal Im not sure Affliction could ask to see Xtreme Coutures books, The Coutures though are well with there writes to make sure they have been paid all the money they are owed and that Affliction has the money to continue to do so, I agree the fact Affliction doesnt want to open there books looks bad but did anyone not take the fact they asked fighters to take pay cuts and that they cancelled and then postponed there second show as a sign of that?




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Flyweight
 
Hawkeye6287's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 226
                     
Man if this distracts Randy come saturday night i'm gonna be pissed as hell. He was ****ed up going into the 3rd chuck fight too, (not saying he would have won, but do believe him when he said it affected him.) I say let Kim and Beardy duke it out in a cage. Hell if she can fight 3 rounds with a smashed jaw she's probably harder than him.
Kim coutures 3rd fight - Tag team, her and randy vs Beard.
Hawkeye6287 is offline  
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Actually seeing as its a licensing deal Im not sure Affliction could ask to see Xtreme Coutures books, The Coutures though are well with there writes to make sure they have been paid all the money they are owed and that Affliction has the money to continue to do so, I agree the fact Affliction doesnt want to open there books looks bad but did anyone not take the fact they asked fighters to take pay cuts and that they cancelled and then postponed there second show as a sign of that?
Is it just a licensing deal? My bad I thought it was a partnership. Hmmmm...wonder who licensed from who? Yeah a licensee hasn't got a legal right to just ask for an accounting of a partner which begs the question as to why Couture (their attorneys) would be asking for an accounting in the first place.

I hadn't realized they asked fighters to take pay cuts. Oh wow, Affliction is down the shitter. It all makes sense now why Tito has changed his tune and "may fight in the UFC again in July" LOL.

A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 82
                     
Randy lost my respect after he fled the UFC a year ago.

I struggle to believe anything he says.

Dana said it himself, he is all about the money.
hebaj is offline  
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,917
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebaj View Post
Dana said it himself, he is all about the money.
coming from dana that's pretty hilarious

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebaj View Post
Randy lost my respect after he fled the UFC a year ago.

I struggle to believe anything he says.

Dana said it himself, he is all about the money.
You're the first person I have encountered that doesn't respect Randy. (Not a bad thing, just interesting.) He seems like one of the most respectable people in MMA.



CornbreadBB is offline  
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop View Post
Is it just a licensing deal? My bad I thought it was a partnership. Hmmmm...wonder who licensed from who? Yeah a licensee hasn't got a legal right to just ask for an accounting of a partner which begs the question as to why Couture (their attorneys) would be asking for an accounting in the first place.

I hadn't realized they asked fighters to take pay cuts. Oh wow, Affliction is down the shitter. It all makes sense now why Tito has changed his tune and "may fight in the UFC again in July" LOL.
The Couture licensed the Xtreme Couture name for use on clothing to Affliction, they can ask to see the books to be sure they are getting paid what they should have (by #'s sold) and that Affliction has the cashflow to contiue to pay them and produce the clothing.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome