Name one fighter that is 2-1 (Lesnar nuthuggers)....... - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Flyweight
 
Philivey2k8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 468
                     
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EY5C...eature=related

i don't see any exchanges. he got taken down then pounded out.
Philivey2k8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 286
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocksteeluk View Post
Not even an Olympic Gold medal winning boxer could turn pro and gain a world title shot after few fights because they know it would make a mockery of their ranking process, Lesnar's title shot was based on him being a big money vessel for the UFC, I'd like to see Lenar fight Cheick Congo who is of a similar size.
Your a lesnar hater, right? Then you do not want to see what he'd do to kongo.Big strong wrestlers eat guys like kongo for breakfast
_Destruction_ is offline  
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Welterweight
 
BrianRClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 2,384
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekou View Post
that has gotten a title shot in the history of sports?


name one team that has been 2-1 that has made it to the semi finals....

everybody is screaming "stop hatin on Lesnar"....but the point is Dana White did this as a marketing strategy. A corny marketing strategy might I add.

You can say "whats done is done"....but somebody needs to appeal this, seriously
I'm curious, why is it a "Corny" marketing strategy... you have guy that sells tickets like crazy even after a loss, and now he is your HeavyWeight Champion... No matter who challenges Brock from this point on it's going to be an interesting fight that will sell big.

Like it or not a fight with Brock and let's say Junior Dos Santos(strong up and comer), will probably sell better than Mir/Dos Santos, or Nog/Dos Santos (I know that wouldn't happen), or even Cotoure/Dos Santos.

Dana has to treat the UFC as a business not a showcase to those who have "paid there dues" and whether or not you always agree with it, if he didn't treat it that way... you wouldn't be at home watching, thus affording you the chance to bitch about it.
BrianRClover is offline  
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,079
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philivey2k8 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EY5C...eature=related

i don't see any exchanges. he got taken down then pounded out.
it was a sarcasm
dontazo is offline  
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Flyweight
 
Philivey2k8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 468
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontazo View Post
it was a sarcasm













































Philivey2k8 is offline  
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,079
                     
lol i dont hate brock dat much
dontazo is offline  
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 411
                     
Go back and watch the countdown again. Randy Couture himself got his first HW title fight in only his 4th MMA bout. Randy was 3-0 and Brock was 2-1, but with fights against Mir and Herring I'd argue that Brock faced much tougher, more experienced opponents.

Who else was there to get the shot? Arlovski and Sylvia are gone. Mir and Nog were already signed to fight each other. Herring lost to Brock. Kongo lost to Herring. Velasquez IMO is just as green as Brock. Hardonk? Eddie Sanchez? Ha! The only guy who had a legit claim to this shot over Lesnar was Werdum (having beaten Vera and GG) but we all saw how great he looked in his last fight.

If you think someone else deserved that title shot more: name them. The simple fact is that Brock's quick rise has nothing to do with marketing or gimmicks; it has everything to do with how SHALLOW the HW division as a whole is right now. That's not Brock's fault. Don't hate the player; Hate the game.
SonofJor-El is offline  
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 PM
-I came|I saw|I failed-
 
plazzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The plazzVan
Posts: 9,734
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Go back and watch the countdown again. Randy Couture himself got his first HW title fight in only his 4th MMA bout. Randy was 3-0 and Brock was 2-1, but with fights against Mir and Herring I'd argue that Brock faced much tougher, more experienced opponents.
That's true in a sense, but the HW division was 10x thinner back then than now.

Quote:
Who else was there to get the shot? Arlovski and Sylvia are gone. Mir and Nog were already signed to fight each other. Herring lost to Brock. Kongo lost to Herring. Velasquez IMO is just as green as Brock. Hardonk? Eddie Sanchez? Ha! The only guy who had a legit claim to this shot over Lesnar was Werdum (having beaten Vera and GG) but we all saw how great he looked in his last fight.
I think the UFC realized after the Mir/Lesnar fight that they couldn't afford another Crocop and had to jump on that money train before it disappeared again. Yes the division is thin but they should have probably given the shot to Werdum, instead of making him wait.

Quote:
If you think someone else deserved that title shot more: name them. The simple fact is that Brock's quick rise has nothing to do with marketing or gimmicks; it has everything to do with how SHALLOW the HW division as a whole is right now. That's not Brock's fault. Don't hate the player; Hate the game.
I don't hate Brock at all, I hate the game. Actually, I hate him a little because he looks a tad bit unstoppable
plazzman is offline  
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Cheesy Poofs
 
stitch1z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,588
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocksteeluk View Post
Not even an Olympic Gold medal winning boxer could turn pro and gain a world title shot after few fights because they know it would make a mockery of their ranking process, Lesnar's title shot was based on him being a big money vessel for the UFC, I'd like to see Lenar fight Cheick Congo who is of a similar size.
The ranking is the only aspect of this that is really bothering me. I can't justify in my mind putting him in the top 5 when he only has 5 fights on his record... And that's assuming he beats Nog. No way is he top 5 right now for beating one top 10 fighter.




Don Frye's Mustache > Kimbo's Beard
stitch1z is offline  
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Cheesy Poofs
 
stitch1z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,588
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJor-El View Post
Go back and watch the countdown again. Randy Couture himself got his first HW title fight in only his 4th MMA bout. Randy was 3-0 and Brock was 2-1, but with fights against Mir and Herring I'd argue that Brock faced much tougher, more experienced opponents.
Erm... He lost to Mir (not even top 5) and Herring isn't even top 10.




Don Frye's Mustache > Kimbo's Beard
stitch1z is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome