Fedor Weighs in on Couture and Lesnar - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:42 PM
CoutureCop
 
Davisty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,091
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69nites View Post
Fedor doesn't understand the scoring criteria. He's never delt with it .

I still had randy winning the wrestling post takedown but brock did score the takedowns and randy never made it to dominant position. Lesnar would take a 10-9 round on almost any judge's scorecard.
I assume the wink means you are just kidding and leave it at that.


Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,860
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
I assume the wink means you are just kidding and leave it at that.
well the first part was a joke .
69nites is offline  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Banned
 
coldcall420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: banned
Posts: 0
Blog Entries: 1
                     
I was wondering if some one was gonna ask that...???
coldcall420 is offline  
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 AM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,040
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcall420 View Post
What a class act Fedor is.......I really even though randy lost to lesner really would love to see them fight.....I mean thats the real reason that Randy fought Lesner to hopefully stay atop the HW division so they could possible arrange a match between fedor and Randy....really thats the reason he came back...cuz yrs of delay would have closed the window.......

So in reality I believe that fedor is really the only fight randy wants at this point........why cant Dana just let them fight.....Answer: He could make it happen if he wanted too but Dana is more creedy for the money and the right to host the whole event.....What a penis.........hell at this point i would love for Fedor and randy to just meet at a gym somewhere and go the five rounds with one person in there with a camera to film it..........THAT way we all get to see what we want......whatever happened to what the fans want......OH dana never got that memo.........

I realize some people will say its not only Dana, but in reality if he was to show a little bend, the negotiations would open right up.........
Good points man.

..........

..........






mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 139
                     
If the UFC organization had ANY interest in finding out who the best fighters in the world are they would make it feasible for Fedor to join the ranks. Dana White is a full-on control freak, which in the end will not play well for the future of MMA. The very first UFC 1 was set up with that very goal in mind - who's the best. Today's UFC has a different goal - who can make the most of the almighty $$$'s...
Risto is offline  
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 02:19 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 219
                     
Fedor, on why he can't/won't sign with UFC, below. Basically, he and/or his management were put off by Dana White's WWE style antics and negotiating tactics: loud, public, confrontational, but even more so by the endless one-sided restrictions. This leads me to believe that the Fitch contract rumors are true:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/fed...ntract-852248/

"The contract that we were presented with by the UFC was simply impossible, couldn't be signed -- I couldn't leave. If I won, I had to fight eight times in two years. If I lost one fight, then the UFC had the right to rip up the contract. At the conclusion of the contract, if I am undefeated, then it automatically extends for an as yet unspecified period of time, though for the same compensation.

"Basically I can't leave undefeated. I can't give interviews, appear in films or advertising. I don't have the right to do anything without the UFC's agreement. I could do nothing without the OK from the UFC. I didn't have the right to compete in combat sambo competition. It's my national sport. It's the Russian sport, which in his time our president competed in, and I no longer have the right to do so. There were many such clauses; the contract was 18 pages in length. It was written in such a way that I had absolutely no rights while the UFC could at any moment, if something didn't suit them, tear up the agreement. We worked with lawyers who told us that it was patently impossible to sign such a document."
wolfbot is offline  
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 AM
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbot View Post
Fedor, on why he can't/won't sign with UFC, below. Basically, he and/or his management were put off by Dana White's WWE style antics and negotiating tactics: loud, public, confrontational, but even more so by the endless one-sided restrictions. This leads me to believe that the Fitch contract rumors are true:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/fed...ntract-852248/

"The contract that we were presented with by the UFC was simply impossible, couldn't be signed -- I couldn't leave. If I won, I had to fight eight times in two years. If I lost one fight, then the UFC had the right to rip up the contract. At the conclusion of the contract, if I am undefeated, then it automatically extends for an as yet unspecified period of time, though for the same compensation.

"Basically I can't leave undefeated. I can't give interviews, appear in films or advertising. I don't have the right to do anything without the UFC's agreement. I could do nothing without the OK from the UFC. I didn't have the right to compete in combat sambo competition. It's my national sport. It's the Russian sport, which in his time our president competed in, and I no longer have the right to do so. There were many such clauses; the contract was 18 pages in length. It was written in such a way that I had absolutely no rights while the UFC could at any moment, if something didn't suit them, tear up the agreement. We worked with lawyers who told us that it was patently impossible to sign such a document."
Funny how you posted this now, with all the Dana White/Zuffa contract vs. AKA shenanigans going on. Now people can understand why Fedor didn't sign with the UFC.
Fedor>all is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Judoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,379
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
Sweet deal. To all those that kept arguing to me that Brock dominated Randy in Round 1, chew on this


Booyakasha, respect
It is arguable both ways. It's npt as if one fighter dominated the other, it was very close. I think Couture edged out Lesnar in the first but it was a close round.
Judoka is offline  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Champ
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
yorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,541
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor>all View Post
Funny how you posted this now, with all the Dana White/Zuffa contract vs. AKA shenanigans going on. Now people can understand why Fedor didn't sign with the UFC.
Just about all the top fighters in the UFC have contracts similar to this.




FFL 3rd +90
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Demian Maia
Martin Kampmann
Nate Diaz
yorT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome