If Vitor wins again at Affliction, should UFC re-sign him? - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
The_Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fighting World
Posts: 1,725
The_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level now
I'd love to see Vitor in the UFC again. He was one of my favorite fighters, his speed was (maybe still is) incredible. The annihilation of Wanderlei was awesome not to mention the cut Vitor did to Eastman. He was really killing fools that time Unfortunately, it is not plausible at this point even to mention his return. Although, if he beats every challenger Affliction will put on his road, then we'll discuss it again.
The_Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-27-2008, 02:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by out 4 the count View Post
Watched an early PRIDE fight (at 10 I believe) just yesterday and Belfort was an absolute animal. It wasn't about the names he was fighting (this seems to be a trend in new UFC fans) but the way he went about it.
I won't neg rep you though, so don't neg rep me thinking I did like some guy the other day I disagreed with!

First of all I'm not a new UFC fan, or even new to the sport of mma. The problem is that Vitor looked like an animal against guys who could never compete in modern mma. Vitor never progressed along with the sport. In the early days he looked good going against one dimensional fighters, but as fighters became well-rounded in all aspect he fell behind. You have to respect some of the original guys in the sport. However if they haven't evolved with the sport they get left behind.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
Shogun Shogun Shogun
 
cezwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: australia
Posts: 1,072
cezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of lightcezwan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
First of all I'm not a new UFC fan, or even new to the sport of mma. The problem is that Vitor looked like an animal against guys who could never compete in modern mma. Vitor never progressed along with the sport. In the early days he looked good going against one dimensional fighters, but as fighters became well-rounded in all aspect he fell behind. You have to respect some of the original guys in the sport. However if they haven't evolved with the sport they get left behind.
how is he one dimensional? he has a Jui Jitsu blackbelt under Carlson Gracie and has a ton of experience added with hes amazing striking..

He may be an original guy of the sport but it seems like you have forgotten that Belfort is still young for an mma fighter (31) and with that experiance i stated earlier, there is no telling what he can achieve with hes potential.
__________________
Shogun is my homeboy.

cezwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 211
sNatch204 has a little shameless behaviour in the pastsNatch204 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hes one of those fighters who can just beat any1. He will lose a few fights, but he will win a few big ones to. He has some solid wins over guys like Terry Martin, Couture, Herring, Southworth, Wanderlei. And he has only lost to true Elite fighters. The worst fighter he has lost to is probably Tito, and that was Tito when he was winning fights. I would love to see this guy, and many more in the UFC.
sNatch204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #35 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 622
BazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the roughBazDaManUk is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I dont believe you**
I will fight you, and thats no lie!


http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eplbDbp6XJQ
BazDaManUk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,656
Bazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By AllBazza89 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by sNatch204 View Post
Hes one of those fighters who can just beat any1. He will lose a few fights, but he will win a few big ones to. He has some solid wins over guys like Terry Martin, Couture, Herring, Southworth, Wanderlei. And he has only lost to true Elite fighters. The worst fighter he has lost to is probably Tito, and that was Tito when he was winning fights. I would love to see this guy, and many more in the UFC.
You can hardly count the win over Randy, if that cut hadn't of happened that fight would have gone exactly like the other two.

Vitors always had all the physical tools, the only problem is he's never had any heart, when things get tough Belfort crumbles and quits. Simple as.
Bazza89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:30 AM   #37 (permalink)
On a Rampage
 
rockybalboa25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,845
Blog Entries: 1
rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza89 View Post
You can hardly count the win over Randy, if that cut hadn't of happened that fight would have gone exactly like the other two.

Vitors always had all the physical tools, the only problem is he's never had any heart, when things get tough Belfort crumbles and quits. Simple as.
Exactly right. Also I wouldn't call a win over Martin impressive. The guy just got knocked out by Scott Smith. Vitor may have the tools but has never put them all together. He may be a BJJ blackbelt, but the only guy he ever submitted was Southworth. Whenever he has stepped up against top competition he has lost except for the cut stoppage against Randy, a ko of Wanderlei early in Wandy's career, and a win over Herring. Also just because a fighter is 31 doesn't make them "young". Depending on the fighter their body can break down at different rates. Some guys aren't done when they're 45, but some are done when they're 28f.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:36 AM   #38 (permalink)
Face the Pain
 
Aaronyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 7,021
Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa25 View Post
Exactly right. Also I wouldn't call a win over Martin impressive. The guy just got knocked out by Scott Smith. Vitor may have the tools but has never put them all together. He may be a BJJ blackbelt, but the only guy he ever submitted was Southworth. Whenever he has stepped up against top competition he has lost except for the cut stoppage against Randy, a ko of Wanderlei early in Wandy's career, and a win over Herring. Also just because a fighter is 31 doesn't make them "young". Depending on the fighter their body can break down at different rates. Some guys aren't done when they're 45, but some are done when they're 28f.
yeh vitor really crumbles against good competition....the win over herring was bs too...
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios