MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Marcus Davis (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/47123-marcus-davis.html)

randyspankstito 11-26-2008 12:53 PM

Marcus Davis
 
When was the last time "the irish hand grenade" fought in the US? They've had him fight in the UK for just about every UK show.

I think it's kind of funny. How do you guys think he's going to do against lyttle, who imo is not such easy competition?

r00kie 11-26-2008 12:56 PM

I think that Marcus Davis is a very technical striker compared to Lyttle.

I'm pretty sure both guys will stand and trade (typical of Lyttle) and if it really happens I see Lyttle having alot of trouble. Davis is moving very well standing up, Lyttle doesnt throw anything unusual, hes more of a brawler and he does not use his feet often.

I think Davis will win in a dominant fashion

BrianRClover 11-26-2008 01:03 PM

Supposedly both guys have agreed to stand and trade, I can't remember what they called it but some promise to each other not to take the fight to the ground. If this holds true I think it's going to be a rough night for Lytle.

But fortunately for Lytle, I think he's the kind of fighter who can lose 4 or out 6 and the UFC will still resign him and I for one am happy about that.

As for you original question, it's been awhile... where did he fight Swick... that was stateside wasn't it?

randyspankstito 11-26-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r00kie (Post 719552)
I think that Marcus Davis is a very technical striker compared to Lyttle.

I'm pretty sure both guys will stand and trade (typical of Lyttle) and if it really happens I see Lyttle having alot of trouble. Davis is moving very well standing up, Lyttle doesnt throw anything unusual, hes more of a brawler and he does not use his feet often.

I think Davis will win in a dominant fashion

Yeah, I hear you. If Lyttle stands in the pocket and starts winging wild punches like he did in his last fight, he's gonna have some trouble; unless he connects with a good one :thumb02: You know that can happen to anybody

Shamrock-Ortiz 11-26-2008 01:05 PM

I agree with r00kie's assessment. Two guys who like to standup, (though Lytle should definitely take this to the ground) Davis is more technical, Lytle will keep throwing and will hang in there, as he's a seriously tough SOB.

If Lytle wasn't in such bad financial situation, he wouldn't have to worry so much about going for that FOTN bonus by standing and slugging.

I think if Lytle wanted to, he could win this fight by taking Davis down and win a decision. When do we ever see Lytle do that though?

BrianRclover, the Swick fight was UFC 85 in the UK, I went ;)

BrianRClover 11-26-2008 01:12 PM

Yeah I just saw that, I got curious and looked it up. Marcus's last fight in the states was at UFC 69 GSP Vs Serra 1, in april of 2007

_RIVAL_ 11-26-2008 02:23 PM

I think Davis is going to outstrike Lytle, badly.

Davis via TKO by the 2nd.

Aaronyman 11-26-2008 02:30 PM

lytle's striking isn't that great, and marcus has excellent striking...some of the best at 170....

if i was lytle, i'd shoot immediately

_RIVAL_ 11-26-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronyman (Post 719626)
lytle's striking isn't that great, and marcus has excellent striking...some of the best at 170....

if i was lytle, i'd shoot immediately

That's what I was thinking, but I've seen Davis pull some slick ones on the ground. And after seeing Lytle get raped on the mat (granted it was Kos) in his last ground war I'm not sure that Lytle will prevail there either.

I think this match is a given for Marcus.

Shamrock-Ortiz 11-26-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.P. (Post 719640)
That's what I was thinking, but I've seen Davis pull some slick ones on the ground. And after seeing Lytle get raped on the mat (granted it was Kos) in his last ground war I'm not sure that Lytle will prevail there either.

I think this match is a given for Marcus.

Lytle has such underrated jiu jitsu.

I'm quite confident that he would beat Davis on the ground.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2