MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/forumindex.php)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Best UFC rankings (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/4755-best-ufc-rankings.html)

jpblev 11-02-2006 10:42 AM

Best UFC rankings
 

Pogo the Clown 11-02-2006 11:13 AM

Some of those rankings are out of date and out of whack.

Arlovski is ranked above Jeff Monson even though monson is the #1 contender and is fighting sylvia for the belt. It lists Cheick Kongo above Carmelo Marrero even though Marrero just beat him. It also list Paul Buentello who is signed with another company and hasn't fought in the UFC for like a year.


Pogo

sherdog 11-02-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogo the Clown
Some of those rankings are out of date and out of whack.

Arlovski is ranked above Jeff Monson even though monson is the #1 contender and is fighting sylvia for the belt. It lists Cheick Kongo above Carmelo Marrero even though Marrero just beat him. It also list Paul Buentello who is signed with another company and hasn't fought in the UFC for like a year.


Pogo

Pogo is completely right. I wonder how often they are updated.

lfaris 11-02-2006 12:06 PM

its got anderson silva ranked #1 so it must of been at least updated since the fight but how can mat hammil be ranked in the top ten and although i think bisbing is gonna be solid i dont know if you can call him 5 or 6 yet

Spit206Fire 11-02-2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogo the Clown
Some of those rankings are out of date and out of whack.

Arlovski is ranked above Jeff Monson even though monson is the #1 contender and is fighting sylvia for the belt. It lists Cheick Kongo above Carmelo Marrero even though Marrero just beat him. It also list Paul Buentello who is signed with another company and hasn't fought in the UFC for like a year.


Pogo


Just because Monson is fighting Sylva next doesn't mean he's a better fighter then AA.

AA lost 2/3 so now he has to gain his spot back, but in alot of peoples eyes he's still the #1 contender.

I believe so as well.

Pogo the Clown 11-02-2006 01:26 PM

Ranking are not based on who the is a better fighter. It is based on win-lose records and who is in line for a title shot. Monson is fighting for the title thus making him the #1 Contender. Arlovski lost two fights in a row so he is not in the running.


Pogo

flourhead 11-02-2006 02:21 PM

melvin should be ranked higher in the lightweight division.

asskicker 11-02-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogo the Clown
Ranking are not based on who the is a better fighter. It is based on win-lose records and who is in line for a title shot. Monson is fighting for the title thus making him the #1 Contender. Arlovski lost two fights in a row so he is not in the running.


Pogo

Just because someone is the number one contender doesnt make necassirly make them the second best fighter in the class. Why is Shogun ranked second in Prides rankings? We know he wont fight Wanderlei.

Also, Forrest being ranked ahead of Babalu is whack. I think overall these rankings are pretty shitty.

Pogo the Clown 11-02-2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asskicker
Just because someone is the number one contender doesnt make necassirly make them the second best fighter in the class. Why is Shogun ranked second in Prides rankings? We know he wont fight Wanderlei.

Also, Forrest being ranked ahead of Babalu is whack. I think overall these rankings are pretty shitty.


I just said that rankings are not based on who is a better fighter but on win-lose records and who is in line for a title shot.


Pogo

AtomDanger 11-02-2006 05:25 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 , Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome