A sad night for MMA/UFC? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
LV 2 H8 U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 1,692
LV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyspankstito View Post
The sad part is that I didn't realize that it was the steve cantwell from wec, and bet a whole bunch of points on the can with the afro. As soon as I recognized cantwell, I was just like , "Oh crap", then I saw hassan come out with his chin out and his stance I was like, damn I'm an idiot.
Cantwell is a good fighter. Most of these guys don't know him either.
LV 2 H8 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
TheGamefather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 158
TheGamefather Needs A HugTheGamefather Needs A HugTheGamefather Needs A HugTheGamefather Needs A HugTheGamefather Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyspankstito View Post
Dude, these guys are fighting in the UFC because they love to do it, they know that there is a risk of injury. Don't feel sorry for them, they are having the time of their life in there. Crap happens, injuries heal.

You sound like my mother.
I haven't met your mom, but given that she gave birth you you I would asume she is more thoughtful and holds more wisdom than you. Maybe something to think about. I don't feel sorry for anyone, its empathy and the tendency to question things rather than except them the way they are. Ask your mom, she'll explain that stuff to ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 2 H8 U View Post
What the F do think they want? They fight and train and fight and train to do just that. How is the guy supposed to feel? "Uh, well I held onto the arm as long as I could without breaking his arm and I feel just aweful that it snapped cause now he has to heal up and all. I don't know if I'll ever fight again cause I don't really want to hurt anyone."
I the F expect people to care about other people. Crazy I know. I don't the F expect anyonw to be happy about injuring another person, I the F think those people are mentally miniscule to the point that critical thought doesn't really occur.

Not all of these guys train to be able to injur someone, in fact I'd say only the completely ****ed up guys do that. Most guys train to push themselves to thier limits, or because thier egos tell them they are implicitly in competition with thier fellow man, not to hurt people. I feel the urge to compete when I watch the UFC, I have never felt the urge to hurt anyone. If I snapped a guys arm in a fight, yeah I would awful about that. It's not something that would ever happen though, because I just wouldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 2 H8 U View Post

Dude, don't watch it then. MMA isn't for the squeemish.
It may not be for the thoughtfull either, last night certainly raised questions in any thoughtful persons mind.
TheGamefather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
LV 2 H8 U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 1,692
LV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamefather View Post
I haven't met your mom, but given that she gave birth you you I would asume she is more thoughtful and holds more wisdom than you. Maybe something to think about. I don't feel sorry for anyone, its empathy and the tendency to question things rather than except them the way they are. Ask your mom, she'll explain that stuff to ya.



I the F expect people to care about other people. Crazy I know. I don't the F expect anyonw to be happy about injuring another person, I the F think those people are mentally miniscule to the point that critical thought doesn't really occur.

Not all of these guys train to be able to injur someone, in fact I'd say only the completely ****ed up guys do that. Most guys train to push themselves to thier limits, or because thier egos tell them they are implicitly in competition with thier fellow man, not to hurt people. I feel the urge to compete when I watch the UFC, I have never felt the urge to hurt anyone. If I snapped a guys arm in a fight, yeah I would awful about that. It's not something that would ever happen though, because I just wouldn't do it.



It may not be for the thoughtfull either, last night certainly raised questions in any thoughtful persons mind.
Are you serious? The thoughtful? OK your someones grandma right? Go play monopoly
LV 2 H8 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamefather View Post
I haven't met your mom, but given that she gave birth you you I would asume she is more thoughtful and holds more wisdom than you. Maybe something to think about. I don't feel sorry for anyone, its empathy and the tendency to question things rather than except them the way they are. Ask your mom, she'll explain that stuff to ya.



I the F expect people to care about other people. Crazy I know. I don't the F expect anyonw to be happy about injuring another person, I the F think those people are mentally miniscule to the point that critical thought doesn't really occur.

Not all of these guys train to be able to injur someone, in fact I'd say only the completely ****ed up guys do that. Most guys train to push themselves to thier limits, or because thier egos tell them they are implicitly in competition with thier fellow man, not to hurt people. I feel the urge to compete when I watch the UFC, I have never felt the urge to hurt anyone. If I snapped a guys arm in a fight, yeah I would awful about that. It's not something that would ever happen though, because I just wouldn't do it.



It may not be for the thoughtfull either, last night certainly raised questions in any thoughtful persons mind.
You just had to get all "smart" on them didn't you?

But I completely agree. I'm not squeemish in the least... I'd just say I'm a thoughtful guy. I do not like CantWell at all after what he said. I was like, "OH SNAP! He broke his arm! Dude shoulda tapped! I lost money! Damn you Cantwell" But I wasn't mad at him or anything. Then he was so happy about it.. then I said "yo... **** him! Show at least a little compassion for the guy who's arm you just broke!"

But was made me most mad... he said "All glory to god... but I'm so glad I broke his arm" What kind of shit is that?!?!
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
LV 2 H8 U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 1,692
LV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of KnowledgeLV 2 H8 U Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoken812 View Post
You just had to get all "smart" on them didn't you?

But I completely agree. I'm not squeemish in the least... I'd just say I'm a thoughtful guy. I do not like CantWell at all after what he said. I was like, "OH SNAP! He broke his arm! Dude shoulda tapped! I lost money! Damn you Cantwell" But I wasn't mad at him or anything. Then he was so happy about it.. then I said "yo... **** him! Show at least a little compassion for the guy who's arm you just broke!"

But was made me most mad... he said "All glory to god... but I'm so glad I broke his arm" What kind of shit is that?!?!
Maybe he's prejudice against middle easterners because he's a Marine and Al Hassans name turned him into the Hulk?

I understand that there are some gentlemen in the sport. GSP is a good guy and would never say something like that, however there are all kinds of people in this world and not everyone has the same disposition. So look out when you cross the road and don't take candy from strangers.
LV 2 H8 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
TheGamefather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 158
TheGamefather Needs A HugTheGamefather Needs A HugTheGamefather Needs A HugTheGamefather Needs A HugTheGamefather Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 2 H8 U View Post
Are you serious? The thoughtful? OK your someones grandma right? Go play monopoly
lol, that was fantastic. I think you helped people see what I'm saying.

Cheers mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoken812 View Post
You just had to get all "smart" on them didn't you?

But I completely agree. I'm not squeemish in the least... I'd just say I'm a thoughtful guy. I do not like CantWell at all after what he said. I was like, "OH SNAP! He broke his arm! Dude shoulda tapped! I lost money! Damn you Cantwell" But I wasn't mad at him or anything. Then he was so happy about it.. then I said "yo... **** him! Show at least a little compassion for the guy who's arm you just broke!"

But was made me most mad... he said "All glory to god... but I'm so glad I broke his arm" What kind of shit is that?!?!
Exactly, he doesn't even notice the contridiction in prasing god, and being jubilant over breaking a guys arm... These people don't think brotha, then they get deffensive and call you grandma, lol...

I understand the thing about how it was Hassan's fault for not tapping, the whole time it was going on I was tellin him to tap... but are you sure his arm would be broken right now if Cantwel hadn't "been waitying 5 and a half years" to get the oppertunity to break it? I know I'm not.

I don't meant to sound pompus or anything either, but some things are serious business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 2 H8 U View Post
however there are all kinds of people in this world and not everyone has the same disposition. So look out when you cross the road and don't take candy from strangers.
as long as people like you go on accepting things like that, rather than questioning them, they'll always be that way. people aren't nearly as different as you say.
TheGamefather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
CornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By All
Anyone going to tell me why in American football, when there is an injury, it is so common place, it is no big deal, but when it happens in MMA, it's a huge thing? Why is there a double standard?
__________________


CornbreadBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,164
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
here's another prime example of why some fighters just shouldn't talk in the octagon, at all.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
TeamNogpwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 211
TeamNogpwns will become famous soon enoughTeamNogpwns will become famous soon enoughTeamNogpwns will become famous soon enoughTeamNogpwns will become famous soon enoughTeamNogpwns will become famous soon enoughTeamNogpwns will become famous soon enoughTeamNogpwns will become famous soon enoughTeamNogpwns will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70seven View Post
About the Hockey comments, when a players breaks an arm in hockey its an accident, no one ever body checks someone, breaks their arm and then in the post game interview claims he wanted to do that for the longest time. And it may seems weird coming from a Canadian MMA fan, but I am 110% against fighting in hockey!. I think it should be banned from hockey. I love hockey, I love the nice plays, the nice passes, the body checks but fighting serves no purpose in the sport. It puts a team at a disadvantage, I don't know how many times I've seen my favorite team get scored on in a playoff game in a 5 on 4 powerplay because of two macho a**holes that had to fight for the crowd. Fighting, outside of a sanctioned MMA or boxing event is illegal, you cant fight in a baseball, football, soccer, basketball ect...


Okay now back to last night's fight card. Corey Hill did have a freak accident I understand that. I also understand that arms break in an arm bar, that's the move, its not meant to just hurt the guy it breaks arms. But the slow replay, the closeup, the fighter being proud of it, its hard to watch. I was alone watching it, but had friends that are not so much into MMA been watching with me, that would have been hard to defend. I really wish the ref could had stopped it a second before it was too late. For me fighting is a sport, but bones breaking on TV is not, I know its a part of fighting and bla bla bla, but I find bones breaking very disgusting.

I had a site that you could watch Tailor Park Boys on stream. I'll PM you if I can find it again.
I agree with you about Hockey, I dont like the NHL much but I like the olympics where you see how the european players make it look fun with nice passing and fast play. I guess its the American style to have enforcers start fights all the time, which is good for ESPN highlights but really makes it hard to watch. I train in BJJ as a hobby (I'm pretty new at it) but we all know that if we don't tap they won't stop the attack. Too bad for Al-Hassan he wasn't in a triangle so he could just go to sleep for not tapping. Thanks if you can find that site with Trailer Park Boys, we dont get to see it in the states, I've seen some clips on youtube that made me laugh till it hurt.
__________________
Favorite fighters:
BJ Penn
Nogueira Bros
Anderson Silva
Lyoto Machida
Demian Maia
Andrei Arlovski
TeamNogpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lightweight
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,860
69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now69nites is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornbreadBB View Post
Anyone going to tell me why in American football, when there is an injury, it is so common place, it is no big deal, but when it happens in MMA, it's a huge thing? Why is there a double standard?
because this is a freak occasion.

Injuries in other sports are commonplace. It's pretty rare to have a truly serious injury in MMA.
69nites is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios