Randy Couture's discusses UFC 92 fights... agree or disagree? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Fedor>all's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cambridge, ON
Posts: 8,796
                     
Randy Couture's discusses UFC 92 fights... agree or disagree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUJqCzBZkos

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow, just thought you guys would be interested in what "The Natural" has to say about this epic PPV.

EDIT:

Randy kind of sat on the fence with his predictions, with the exception of Nogueira/Mir which he thinks Nog will win via Decision.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Fedor>all; 12-23-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Fedor>all is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:41 AM
( . )( . )
 
Zender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 843
                     
With his links to the fighters (if I remember correctly Wand trained with him for a while at 1st arriving in the US too) then I can see why he didn't say much regarding the wins, obviously he'll be rooting for his guys.

For the record:
Wand via KO late in the 2nd
Nog via beatdown & Mir gassing UD
Forrest by UD in a lacklustre 'who can be more illusive' fight
Zender is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:28 AM
Lightweight
 
The_Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fighting World
Posts: 1,725
                     
Quote:
For the record:
Wand via KO late in the 2nd
Nog via beatdown & Mir gassing UD
Forrest by UD in a lacklustre 'who can be more illusive' fight
Not surprising at all. Of course, Randy picks Wanderlei Silva and Forrest Griffin: they train with him. I just cannot imagine Randy saying,"You know what, Forrest, I think I trained with you a lot, but Rashad is gonna break your face, no matter what we do here, it's gonna happen". The same goes for Wanderlei to some degree, and the winner of Nogueira-Mir is obvious. Despite all the circumstances, I agree with Randy's predictions, but Rampage should beat Silva this time.

Favorite fighters:
1. Badr Hari
2. Remy Bonjasky
3. Mauricio Rua
4. Anderson Silva
5. Alistair Overeem

Last edited by The_Senator; 12-23-2008 at 06:08 AM.
The_Senator is offline  
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:48 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,393
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Senator View Post
Not surprising at all. Of course, Randy picks Wanderlei Silva and Forrest Griffin: they train with him. I just cannot imagine Randy saying,"You know what, Forrest, I think I trained with you a lot, but Rashad is gonna break your face, it's no matter what we do here, it's gonna happen". Them same goes for Wanderlei to some degree, and the winner of Nogueira-Mir is obvious. Despite all the circumstances, I agree with Randy's predictions, but Rampage should beat Silva this time.
Those were Zenders picks.. not Randys..
Randy didnt say what he thought the outcome would be for the Wandy/Rampage fight or the Forrest/Rashad fight.
bail3yz is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 06:05 AM
( . )( . )
 
Zender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 843
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by bail3yz View Post
Those were Zenders picks.. not Randys..
Randy didnt say what he thought the outcome would be for the Wandy/Rampage fight or the Forrest/Rashad fight.
^^^ What Bail3yz said.

I just don't think Quinton's head's going to be where it needs to be to get the win. He has got better but then against Wand stylistically he needs to fight smart which when he gets (inevitably) pressured I think he'll crack.
Zender is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Lightweight
 
The_Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fighting World
Posts: 1,725
                     
Quote:
Those were Zenders picks.. not Randys..
Randy didnt say what he thought the outcome would be for the Wandy/Rampage fight or the Forrest/Rashad fight.
OK Just watched the video.

Favorite fighters:
1. Badr Hari
2. Remy Bonjasky
3. Mauricio Rua
4. Anderson Silva
5. Alistair Overeem
The_Senator is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,079
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zender View Post
^^^ What Bail3yz said.

I just don't think Quinton's head's going to be where it needs to be to get the win. He has got better but then against Wand stylistically he needs to fight smart which when he gets (inevitably) pressured I think he'll crack.
i dont think Quinton's head will be were it suppose to be after the fight . hahahha
dontazo is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 08:32 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zender View Post
With his links to the fighters (if I remember correctly Wand trained with him for a while at 1st arriving in the US too) then I can see why he didn't say much regarding the wins, obviously he'll be rooting for his guys.

For the record:
Wand via KO late in the 2nd
Nog via beatdown & Mir gassing UD
Forrest by UD in a lacklustre 'who can be more illusive' fight
Oddly enough, they're almost the same as my prdeictions for the fantasy UFC. Only difference is I've gone for Rashad tko'ing Forrest in the 3rd.
rtyall is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 08:39 AM
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
                     
I just cannot see Frank Mir going 5 rounds. I know he's friends with Couture, but damn, no way he's going to last 25 minutes with Minotauro. This fight should have a finish, and it'll be Nogueira winning by punching the shit out of Frank Mir's pretty, little face.

I can totally see Rampage vs Silva going 3 rounds. Wandy's a violent, violent man, seemed giddy as shit to cave Wandy's skull again, but Rampage could very well just take him down and win a decision. I love Silva, so I'm picking him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Quinton win. The UFC is a different environment for Wanderlei.

Damone is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Lightweight
 
The_Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fighting World
Posts: 1,725
                     
Quote:
I can totally see Rampage vs Silva going 3 rounds. Wandy's a violent, violent man, seemed giddy as shit to cave Wandy's skull again, but Rampage could very well just take him down and win a decision. I love Silva, so I'm picking him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Quinton win. The UFC is a different environment for Wanderlei.
Just a thought, Wanderlei right now has just 2 wins and 3 loses in UFC. If Rampage wins, as I predicted, it will be 2-4. Ridiculous! It's a record of a fighter fighting on a preliminary card. I'm just saying...

Favorite fighters:
1. Badr Hari
2. Remy Bonjasky
3. Mauricio Rua
4. Anderson Silva
5. Alistair Overeem
The_Senator is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome