UFC 95 to air free on Spike! - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 08:01 AM
British Bulldog
 
LjStronge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bracknell, England
Posts: 930
                     
Thing is, for a start -we don't get them on PPV.

We get to watch the events live, regardless of the location.

We have to subscribe to a specific channel to get the UFC (Setanta) and they charge monthly, so for us brits, we are laughing as we get to watch 4 UFC events in a 30 day period = 4 UFC events for £11.99!!

They won't make any PPV numbers over here, because it's never been PPV!
LjStronge is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 08:07 AM
The Count
 
AmRiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,521
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LjStronge View Post
Thing is, for a start -we don't get them on PPV.

We get to watch the events live, regardless of the location.

We have to subscribe to a specific channel to get the UFC (Setanta) and they charge monthly, so for us brits, we are laughing as we get to watch 4 UFC events in a 30 day period = 4 UFC events for £11.99!!

They won't make any PPV numbers over here, because it's never been PPV!
Yeah we have it alot better than the Americans do, they gotta pay $55 per event lol, however it does piss me off a bit because i wanna go to it and i refuse to pay money for somthing so lame. I was at the last one with Hughes n Alves and that was good (good not great)but i think the ufc are retards for coming all the way here and then putting such a crap event on

AmRiT is offline  
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Rangers rule
 
MalkyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 2,330
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LjStronge View Post
Thing is, for a start -we don't get them on PPV.

We get to watch the events live, regardless of the location.

We have to subscribe to a specific channel to get the UFC (Setanta) and they charge monthly, so for us brits, we are laughing as we get to watch 4 UFC events in a 30 day period = 4 UFC events for £11.99!!

They won't make any PPV numbers over here, because it's never been PPV!
UFC 70 I think was PPV I remember paying £15 to see Gonzaga KO Cro Cop, although I did not have Setanta back then.

The UFC make more in gate receipts and merchandising in the UK than they do in the states due mainly because of the exchange rate.

It also expands their brand and if they do not have elite fighters they do not have to issue elite paychecks so as an exercise in pure immediate cash flow its a tidy wee exercise.



Thanks to Plazz for the awesome sig

http://www.mmaforum.com/hall-fame/47...-plazzman.html

Show him respect
MalkyBoy is offline  
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 10:50 AM
British Bulldog
 
LjStronge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bracknell, England
Posts: 930
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAmRiT View Post
Yeah we have it alot better than the Americans do, they gotta pay $55 per event lol, however it does piss me off a bit because i wanna go to it and i refuse to pay money for somthing so lame. I was at the last one with Hughes n Alves and that was good (good not great)but i think the ufc are retards for coming all the way here and then putting such a crap event on
I was also at the last one and it was great fun.

As you wouldn't pay money for this one, you can pick tickets up for £45, I would go for that.

Also, everyone is moaning, but the card is in its early days yet!!
LjStronge is offline  
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 02:52 PM
The Count
 
AmRiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,521
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LjStronge View Post
I was also at the last one and it was great fun.

As you wouldn't pay money for this one, you can pick tickets up for £45, I would go for that.

Also, everyone is moaning, but the card is in its early days yet!!
Yeah that was a laugh the last one, however this one even if it has a good main event the rest of the card with the exception of 1 fight is still poor

AmRiT is offline  
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Funky Groundwork
 
FunkYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,151
                     
There aren't that many fights stated for this card that I know of yet so is a bit early to be complaining its a poor card.

Also the last London card (Bedlam i think) was riddled with injury but at one point was going to be Chuck v Shogun so would people have still complained about it being poor. That card was just jinxed.




MMAFFL Record 4-1
FunkYou is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome