Greatest UFC Fighter Of All Time - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Snowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 26
 
Greatest UFC Fighter Of All Time

Here is a great read fromt he UFC website...

UFC® : Ultimate Fighting Championship®

Enjoy!

My Top 3

Chuck Liddell
GSP
Anderson Silva
Snowman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 378
                     
gay

Man that article blows ass. The stupid UFC nuthugger who wrote that needs to get his head examined. Speaking like Tito Ortiz and Matt Hughes are the best in the business...for **** sakes they both suck and are boring to watch (Tito more so than Hughes) Its harder to take away from Hughes because ye she has won in the UFC a lot...but I was watching the line up for the Bushido event...and Matt Hughes wouldnt fend too well in the tournament.

People are yelling at people about being on Anderson Silvas nuts...but come on...people are all over Titos and Hughes nuts for the last few years...

Both very overrated fighters...in the grand scheme of things.

I sure hope Dana White sends Matt Hughes over to Pride to join a tournament...just like he did with Chuck (or did he learn the first time)
Matt might get by the first round...but he would be overwhelmed by the more elite fighters in the competition...and the no stall rule would prove problems for Hughes.

NaChOmAmA

"I take pride in accomplishing the impossible"

Favourite Fighters *No Order Given*

George St. Pierre
Wanderlei Silva
Anderson Silva
Royce Gracie
Fedor Emelianenko
Mirko Filipovic
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Quinton Rampage Jackson
NaChOmAmA is offline  
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Amatuer
 
sxrxnrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 190
 
Randy Couture

Randy would bet my vote for best ever. Tito and Matt are 1 dimesional fighters, Tito was a great champ but his performances lately have been lame. Matt is also a great fighter with wins over some very great competion, but he just is not well rounded enogh.
sxrxnrr is offline  
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Snowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 26
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrxnrr
Randy would bet my vote for best ever. Tito and Matt are 1 dimesional fighters, Tito was a great champ but his performances lately have been lame. Matt is also a great fighter with wins over some very great competion, but he just is not well rounded enogh.
I agree...Randy would also be my pick.

My Top 3

Chuck Liddell
GSP
Anderson Silva
Snowman is offline  
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Snowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 26
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaChOmAmA
Man that article blows ass. The stupid UFC nuthugger who wrote that needs to get his head examined. Speaking like Tito Ortiz and Matt Hughes are the best in the business...for **** sakes they both suck and are boring to watch (Tito more so than Hughes) Its harder to take away from Hughes because ye she has won in the UFC a lot...but I was watching the line up for the Bushido event...and Matt Hughes wouldnt fend too well in the tournament.

People are yelling at people about being on Anderson Silvas nuts...but come on...people are all over Titos and Hughes nuts for the last few years...

Both very overrated fighters...in the grand scheme of things.

I sure hope Dana White sends Matt Hughes over to Pride to join a tournament...just like he did with Chuck (or did he learn the first time)
Matt might get by the first round...but he would be overwhelmed by the more elite fighters in the competition...and the no stall rule would prove problems for Hughes.

NaChOmAmA
Wow!!!...Ok, I guess I should have put "Greatest UFC fighter of all times"...

My Top 3

Chuck Liddell
GSP
Anderson Silva
Snowman is offline  
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 378
                     
hahahah

its not like I was angry in my post!

Just sick of hearing Matt Hughes and Tito are amazing.

They are just too 1 dimensional fighters and boring to watch.

UFC is becoming stale unless they get some good talent!

Anderson Silva was a good choice...although he made the UFC fighters look like a bunch of chumps (because they are)
and hopefully Fedors bro Aleks comes soon! It will be interesting to see how he fends against the UFC heavyweights...becuase hes not really a top pride competitor...hes actually supposedly only beaten cans...so if he comes and wipes out the HW division...it will again show the low level of competition the UFC has to offer.

NaChOmAmA

"I take pride in accomplishing the impossible"

Favourite Fighters *No Order Given*

George St. Pierre
Wanderlei Silva
Anderson Silva
Royce Gracie
Fedor Emelianenko
Mirko Filipovic
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Quinton Rampage Jackson
NaChOmAmA is offline  
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Snowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 26
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaChOmAmA
hahahah

its not like I was angry in my post!

Just sick of hearing Matt Hughes and Tito are amazing.

They are just too 1 dimensional fighters and boring to watch.

UFC is becoming stale unless they get some good talent!

Anderson Silva was a good choice...although he made the UFC fighters look like a bunch of chumps (because they are)
and hopefully Fedors bro Aleks comes soon! It will be interesting to see how he fends against the UFC heavyweights...becuase hes not really a top pride competitor...hes actually supposedly only beaten cans...so if he comes and wipes out the HW division...it will again show the low level of competition the UFC has to offer.

NaChOmAmA
I do somewhat agree with you...Hughes is a 1 dimensional fighter for the most part, but I do think he's a great fighter but not the greatest of all times...As far as Tito is concerned, he is also in my opinion a good figther, but should never be mentioned as the greatest of all times...

My Top 3

Chuck Liddell
GSP
Anderson Silva
Snowman is offline  
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 378
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
I do somewhat agree with you...Hughes is a 1 dimensional fighter for the most part, but I do think he's a great fighter but not the greatest of all times...As far as Tito is concerned, he is also in my opinion a good figther, but should never be mentioned as the greatest of all times...

Agreed!

Greatest fighters of all time

Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock
Fedor
Cro Cop

Those are guys that have potential to be considered the greatest IMO.
Fedor is the best today
Royce was the best in his day


All depends on the situation.

1 thing I know for sure is it isnt matt hughes or tito ortiz

NaChOmAmA

"I take pride in accomplishing the impossible"

Favourite Fighters *No Order Given*

George St. Pierre
Wanderlei Silva
Anderson Silva
Royce Gracie
Fedor Emelianenko
Mirko Filipovic
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Quinton Rampage Jackson
NaChOmAmA is offline  
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Snowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 26
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaChOmAmA
Agreed!

Greatest fighters of all time

Royce Gracie
Ken Shamrock
Fedor
Cro Cop

Those are guys that have potential to be considered the greatest IMO.
Fedor is the best today
Royce was the best in his day


All depends on the situation.

1 thing I know for sure is it isnt matt hughes or tito ortiz

NaChOmAmA
If we talk about the early days of the UFC, Gracie and Shamrock should definitely be mentioned as the greatest of all times...They pretty much made UFC...

As far as Cro Cop and Fedor are concerned, I don't really follow Pride, so I can't really comment on them...But I have seen some of there fights and they are for sure some of the best Pound for Pound MMA fighters in the world.

My Top 3

Chuck Liddell
GSP
Anderson Silva
Snowman is offline  
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 378
                     
If you like UFC, you should really try watching some Pride.

Its not truley fair to compare Pride and UFC because Pride is better in every aspect so its kinda like comparing a Ford to a Porche.

Best fighters in the UFC today

- Anderson Silva (amazing in every aspect)
- Andre Arlovski (if he would let it all hang out in the cage)
- Chuck Liddell (although not very well rounded...hes fun to watch)
- George St. Pierre (Potential to be the best WW of all times and will school Hughes next weekend)
- BJ Penn


I think those guys are some of the exceptions to the "UFC Fighters suck" rule.

NaChOmAmA

"I take pride in accomplishing the impossible"

Favourite Fighters *No Order Given*

George St. Pierre
Wanderlei Silva
Anderson Silva
Royce Gracie
Fedor Emelianenko
Mirko Filipovic
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Quinton Rampage Jackson
NaChOmAmA is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome