Demian Maia talks Sonnen, Anderson, TUF 8 and ADCC - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,079
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
UFC fighters can compete in ADCC because there is no striking unlike Combat Sambo.

They always have been allowed to.

I would love to see Maia in ADCC because with Jacare not in it I want one of the better grapplers in it since Marcelo seems focused on Dream WW GP and Roger is doing the Super fight.

On a positive note Pe de Pano and Werdum will be competing.

And Fedor also which IMO will lead to him losing to either Pe de Pano or Werdum.
fedor said he is not gonna compete...
dontazo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Champ
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
yorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,541
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontazo View Post
fedor said he is not gonna compete...
WHAT! Tell me this isn't true....




FFL 3rd +90
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Demian Maia
Martin Kampmann
Nate Diaz
yorT is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Banned
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 11,605
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Where did that come from?

Because honestly with Pe de Pano and Werdum in it Fedor would really prove something if he won.
bbjd7 is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
Alex_DeLarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,223
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorT View Post
I hope he destroys Sonnen too, help my FFL and I like the guy.
And Team Quest is trash.

You're just a cook...
Alex_DeLarge is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 10:36 AM
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,066
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
UFC fighters can compete in ADCC because there is no striking unlike Combat Sambo.
Never thought about that...good reasoning for Dana, though I disagree with it entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
Where did that come from?

Because honestly with Pe de Pano and Werdum in it Fedor would really prove something if he won.
Everything I can find/have read shows that Fedor is still competing. Also Mousasi will as well.

ZZtigerZZ81 is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Champ
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
yorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,541
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
And Team Quest is trash.
That too, but they are on a losing streak there at team Quest, except Hendo just got a win.




FFL 3rd +90
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Demian Maia
Martin Kampmann
Nate Diaz
yorT is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,079
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorT View Post
WHAT! Tell me this isn't true....
he said it on his resent interview... on some Russian website.
dontazo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome