The Scott Smith Bandwagon has arrived, follow me! Who's next - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-14-2006, 02:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
The Scott Smith Bandwagon has arrived, follow me! Who's next

Okay, so he showed alot of heart and he can throw some fists. I am not saying he's great or the next champion but I will watch his next fight as I am sure all of you will. I respect Pete Sell as a striker, that wasn't a nobody. Forget what makes sense for his next fight, who do you want to see him fight.

Me: Leben, Swick, Sell II....

I have him as severe underdog against Leben and swick but fukc it, I wanna see some leather, blood, and another highlight reel KTFO. I would watch him fight any striker at 185 really. Sometimes I wanna see a technical masterpiece and other times I will watch Pete Sell or Scott Smith, I know what fight got the collective "Holy Shit" at my house last Saturday.
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-14-2006, 08:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Scott Smith is a decent fighter. I didn't think he would do that bad on the show. When he fought Dave Terrel there was no question that he was in control the whole round until the ref told them to break up and then Terrel took him down all the while Scott is yelling at the ref saying he told them to break it up, then gets RNCed and taps and gets up yelling at the ref and everyone thinks he was claiming he didn't tap so then he gets a bad rap. And now everytime they replay that fight they never explain what happened and everyone assumes the guy is just some douchebag and Terrel is a god. Smith should have gotten a rematch for that bullshit but instead they just got rid of him. He's got great takedown defense, he is like a MW Chuck Liddel.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
benefactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 58
benefactor has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Smith is kind of a tweener...hes not quite good enough to beat Silva or Swick...but he could probably take most 185lbers. I like the idea of him fighting Leben. It would be a good test to where his power really is.
benefactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
smith vs. leben would be throwing smith to the wolves and wasting him in my opinion. Leben is one tuff muther, smith needs a couple fights before he goes up against someone like that.
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
herton17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London,ON
Posts: 1,546
herton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enoughherton17 will become famous soon enough
You re making it seem like Leben is an A-fighter...He s tough but still a B-fighter. He would be an excellent test to see where Scott stands.
herton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winter Haven, Fl
Posts: 4,185
Chrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
smith vs. leben would be throwing smith to the wolves and wasting him in my opinion. Leben is one tuff muther, smith needs a couple fights before he goes up against someone like that.
While I'm not saying that Smith is not capable of beating Leben, I am saying that it's too early to say that he should be fighting him.

First off, I thought that was one of the best fights in a LONG time and for that matter, it could be the best finish I have ever seen. Now with that said...

Sell did nothing to try and take the fight to where he had the advantage. He was evenly matched standing but had the upper hand on the ground.

I don't think that the next fight for Smith will be anything like that fight. You have to remember that when two people know each other that well, it makes for a comfort level that you won't get in other fights.

And last of all it was a freak strike that won the fight for him. Nothing personal but that body shot should have finished it. It was over if not for that Hail Mary he threw.

Once again, I'm not knocking Smith. I will put that as the best finish I've seen, at least off the top of my head. And I do think that the fight was good enough to carry both fighters in the UFC for a while. I just think that it's too early to start with the Smith nut hugging.

This is a "praise the fight and not the fighter" moment. He needs more of these try and live up to the hype.
__________________
Chrisl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972
Sell did nothing to try and take the fight to where he had the advantage. He was evenly matched standing but had the upper hand on the ground.

I don't think that the next fight for Smith will be anything like that fight. You have to remember that when two people know each other that well, it makes for a comfort level that you won't get in other fights.

And last of all it was a freak strike that won the fight for him. Nothing personal but that body shot should have finished it. It was over if not for that Hail Mary he threw.

Once again, I'm not knocking Smith. I will put that as the best finish I've seen, at least off the top of my head. And I do think that the fight was good enough to carry both fighters in the UFC for a while. I just think that it's too early to start with the Smith nut hugging.
I agree that Scott Smith is green and it may even be throwing him to the wolves to put him in there with Leben but you can't tell me Leben would go into this fight to fight the smart fight, I can't stand Leben but he goes in the ring to knock people out, I think he has too much pride to take Scott Smith down, he will want to prove he can knock him out, and he may.

Also, Leben's last fight was won with a lucky hay maker too. If I remember correctly he wasn't even looking at the fighter when he threw the punch for the KO.

And it is way too early for Smith nut hugging, no doubt, I wouldn't give him 2 minutes in the first round if he faces a submission expert. I am curious to see what he can do against a striker on Leben's level...who I think is a B level fighter. Just curious to see if Smith might be a B level fighter as well.
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
FunkDoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 161
FunkDoctor has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Scott will be on his way out (again) the second he fights a grappler.




BUT


Still props to showing all the heart he did.
__________________
"This is my house" - Royce Gracie

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4630/mof1ht6.png
FunkDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
leben will never fight smith anyway. After he knocks out jason mcdonald(lol wtf is he doin fighting mcodnald anyway?) he will probably have a rematch with mike swick. Leben is training with a different camp now, hes training with matt hume.
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 279
ShootBoxer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
I agree that Scott Smith is green and it may even be throwing him to the wolves to put him in there with Leben but you can't tell me Leben would go into this fight to fight the smart fight, I can't stand Leben but he goes in the ring to knock people out, I think he has too much pride to take Scott Smith down, he will want to prove he can knock him out, and he may.

Also, Leben's last fight was won with a lucky hay maker too. If I remember correctly he wasn't even looking at the fighter when he threw the punch for the KO.

And it is way too early for Smith nut hugging, no doubt, I wouldn't give him 2 minutes in the first round if he faces a submission expert. I am curious to see what he can do against a striker on Leben's level...who I think is a B level fighter. Just curious to see if Smith might be a B level fighter as well.
Good attention to Leben closing his eyes while landing that last punch to score the KO against Santiago. Leben has a good chin and IS tough however his chin can be dented as can anyone if you hit them in the right spot at the right time and that punch Smith knocked Sell out with probably would have had the same effect on Leben if he were to attack with is chin up and his hands down, like Sell did.
ShootBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios