UFC is like the WWE of MMA - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
daman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
daman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
You clearly have NO idea what you're talking about.
Just like EVERY OTHER SPORT, UFC builds rivalries. So of course there is drama(think Yankees/Red Sox).

Maybe a few guys shouldn't have the belts, but bottom line, they won the fights that got them the belts.
(Sylvia, like him or not, beat AA and got it back, Anderson KOed Franklin, Chuck KO's everybody, Hughes has defended against everybody and Sherk clearly won his fight for the belt)


Oh, and if you think Pride is any better with thier silly entrance music and giant ramp, then go to that forum.
Dude, baseball is only really the other sport that has gay rivles. And the downside to creating stupid rivils, is that then the fighters are not just fighting, they are in there to hurt eachother, meaning they wont stop when they know they should, just because there are feelings now involved.

I clearly have no idea what im talking about, atleast i showed a good comparison.

And Pride with the ring entrences, what is wrong with that, they should be allowed to enter a ring anyway they want.
__________________
For most of you, ignorance is bliss, but for me it's about the truth.

Bets won:
4-0, Admins taken down in bets 2 (asskicker, Jdun11)
daman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
daman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
daman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton
your argument is terribly flawed and has no real substance to it.

every sport create rivalries and hype. i dont get what you're trying to prove.
How is it flawed?
__________________
For most of you, ignorance is bliss, but for me it's about the truth.

Bets won:
4-0, Admins taken down in bets 2 (asskicker, Jdun11)
daman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton
your argument is terribly flawed and has no real substance to it.

every sport create rivalries and hype. i dont get what you're trying to prove.

Exactly, EVERY sport has rivalries.
and look at things like the Superbowl and how much they hype those up. WTF lol
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
daman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
daman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
Exactly, EVERY sport has rivalries.
and look at things like the Superbowl and how much they hype those up. WTF lol
Yes but there is't a hype between the teams, it's hying the event, which is fine. Thats like UFC doing a promo for the next PPV event.
__________________
For most of you, ignorance is bliss, but for me it's about the truth.

Bets won:
4-0, Admins taken down in bets 2 (asskicker, Jdun11)
daman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by daman5
Dude, baseball is only really the other sport that has gay rivles. And the downside to creating stupid rivils, is that then the fighters are not just fighting, they are in there to hurt eachother, meaning they wont stop when they know they should, just because there are feelings now involved.

I clearly have no idea what im talking about, atleast i showed a good comparison.

And Pride with the ring entrences, what is wrong with that, they should be allowed to enter a ring anyway they want.

Alright I know you're joking. BAseball the only other sport with rivalries?
Hockey = Avs and Red wings among others.
American ootball = Seahawks Raiders, among others.
Football(soccer) = EVERYONE lol
basketball = Celtics Lakers, among others
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by daman5
Yes but there is't a hype between the teams, it's hying the event, which is fine. Thats like UFC doing a promo for the next PPV event.

Exactly, and by promoting a multi fight event, you hype the fights lol... You dont know much, do you?
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hamilton, Waterloo, ON
Posts: 1,406
anton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura about
it's flawed because no one is arguing any of your points. this happens in every single sport out there yet you seem offended by this for whatever reason.
__________________

GSP Dan Henderson Sean Sherk Tyson Griffin Mark Hunt
Prospects Draft: Dong Hyun Kim & Roger Hollett
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
daman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
daman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
Exactly, and by promoting a multi fight event, you hype the fights lol... You dont know much, do you?
HYPING THE EVENT is a lot different then HYPING the fighters. You need to think what you are saying.

By hyping the fighters, you creats people you like and hate, when you should have respect for the fighters because they are in there showing off their skill.

And like and disliking a team is differnt because you aren't directing your hate at 1 person, where as this you are.... why would fighters want to fight where they get booed? why would you want to fight someone when they are *****ing about you, and they dont even know you?
__________________
For most of you, ignorance is bliss, but for me it's about the truth.

Bets won:
4-0, Admins taken down in bets 2 (asskicker, Jdun11)
daman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
daman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
daman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura aboutdaman5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton
it's flawed because no one is arguing any of your points. this happens in every single sport out there yet you seem offended by this for whatever reason.
Im offended because fans are disrespecting fighters, and fighters are disrespecting eachother, thats not MMA, if you are going to call UFC an MMA league, then the fighters should be disciplined enough to have respect for eachother.
__________________
For most of you, ignorance is bliss, but for me it's about the truth.

Bets won:
4-0, Admins taken down in bets 2 (asskicker, Jdun11)
daman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hamilton, Waterloo, ON
Posts: 1,406
anton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura aboutanton has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by daman5
Im offended because fans are disrespecting fighters, and fighters are disrespecting eachother, thats not MMA, if you are going to call UFC an MMA league, then the fighters should be disciplined enough to have respect for eachother.
are you f****** kidding me?

the fighters dont respect each other? im starting to think you haven't even watched a ufc event. jesus.
__________________

GSP Dan Henderson Sean Sherk Tyson Griffin Mark Hunt
Prospects Draft: Dong Hyun Kim & Roger Hollett
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios