MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   UFC is like the WWE of MMA (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/5358-ufc-like-wwe-mma.html)

daman5 11-18-2006 12:47 PM

UFC is like the WWE of MMA
 
This isn't a disrepsect to the fighters, they can fight were ever they want :D

This is out to the league, and it's fans.

Recently i have started to notice that fans of the UFC are booing other countries when they fight. Lol people common, you should be paying them ALL respects to what they are doing for you.

1) Fans boo people they don't like, so it's has a comparison to wrestling.

There are a few champs out there who shouldn't have the belt, yes given they do but they shouldn't, which makes the viewers more eager to watch upcomming fights because theres a story line.

2) WWE has a story line! But if you think about it, these are fighters, and it's a sport, you dont need to see a story developing to like the fights,

Fighters in the UFC like to SLAM!! their opponents to the ground for a Knock-out, where a slam isn't really that effective, it's only effective if you land on the soft spot on your head. And besides UFC the only time I really see slams is because the fighter who is on the top and in the gaurd is usually beening submitted, which the guy on the top slams him to break the hold.

3) If your "finishing move" is a slam, it's really homo, why don't we bring out tables and chair and stop signs too!


Lastly, fighters shouldn't cause drama, theres no need for it, its a martial art, respect the other fighter and his ability to do what he's good at. A lot of UFC fighters start talking shit about their next opponent to make it have more drama, and theres no need for it.

4) creating drama!

If you look at my 4 points you can see that UFC is more like a WWE match up, then a MMA battle.

I still like the fights, but to prove what im saying, watch the GSP VS Matt Hughes, coming up, the fans will boo GSP, and they dont even know him, and it just proves my point even more.


Have respect, thats really what they are fighting for they aren't fighting in the UFC for money we already know that!

anton 11-18-2006 12:48 PM

except for the tiny fact that the fights are real, the fighters are real, and nothing is staged.

the rest is to create drama and hype fights for the fans...why is this a problem?

CashKola 11-18-2006 12:50 PM

I wonder if daman5 realizes that Pride just had talks with WWE...

daman5 11-18-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anton
except for the tiny fact that the fights are real, the fighters are real, and nothing is staged.

the rest is to create drama and hype fights for the fans...why is this a problem?

That is the problem, they dont need hype, fans will watch the sport. Like Tennis, do you need to have drama between 2 tennis players, no their fans are going to watch it regardless, if you like the sport you like the sport!

It's not supposed to be about having hype and shit like that.. its about the sport and the fighters.

daman5 11-18-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashKola
I wonder if daman5 realizes that Pride just had talks with WWE...

I do, and im worried, that would be really gay if they brought pride over like that......

AtomDanger 11-18-2006 12:51 PM

You clearly have NO idea what you're talking about.
Just like EVERY OTHER SPORT, UFC builds rivalries. So of course there is drama(think Yankees/Red Sox).

Maybe a few guys shouldn't have the belts, but bottom line, they won the fights that got them the belts.
(Sylvia, like him or not, beat AA and got it back, Anderson KOed Franklin, Chuck KO's everybody, Hughes has defended against everybody and Sherk clearly won his fight for the belt)


Oh, and if you think Pride is any better with thier silly entrance music and giant ramp, then go to that forum.

AtomDanger 11-18-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daman5
That is the problem, they dont need hype, fans will watch the sport. Like Tennis, do you need to have drama between 2 tennis players, no their fans are going to watch it regardless, if you like the sport you like the sport!

It's not supposed to be about having hype and shit like that.. its about the sport and the fighters.


lmao, did you just compare mma to tennis?

daman5 11-18-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomDanger
lmao, did you just compare mma to tennis?

No i comapred a sport to a sport, and its fans

CashKola 11-18-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daman5
No i comapred a sport to a sport, and its fans

No, you compared MMA to tennis.

anton 11-18-2006 12:55 PM

your argument is terribly flawed and has no real substance to it.

every sport create rivalries and hype. i dont get what you're trying to prove.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2