UFC Confirms Interest In Brock Lesnar - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 29
                     
UFC Confirms Interest In Brock Lesnar

Dana White has personally confirmed to MMANews that he has offered Brock Lesnar a contract. For more info check out: http://www.mmanews.com/article/153019053.php
Clint is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,163
Blog Entries: 4
                     
I do not think Brock would do well at first granted he is a power house. and on the ground would be able to withstand most attacks, But no clue on what type of stand up game he has. I think his strangth and power will help him fend off most ground attacks and I would probably bill him as the strongest man in MMA. plus he is a nice guy I met him once after a show when I was working in a club a few year back.. I think he should still go the football route or go back to wrestling more money.

RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 29
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
I do not think Brock would do well at first granted he is a power house. and on the ground would be able to withstand most attacks, But no clue on what type of stand up game he has. I think his strangth and power will help him fend off most ground attacks and I would probably bill him as the strongest man in MMA. plus he is a nice guy I met him once after a show when I was working in a club a few year back.. I think he should still go the football route or go back to wrestling more money.
I think the problem is that he cannot go to another wrestling organization in North America because of his contractual stuff with the WWE. So he has been wrestling in Japan.

He could do well in the UFC if they built him up slowly and gave him the time he needs to properly cross train with the right camp. Until then he would have to simply work off of his college wrestling and his monstrous size. It should definatly be interesting to see what happens
Clint is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,163
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
I think the problem is that he cannot go to another wrestling organization in North America because of his contractual stuff with the WWE. So he has been wrestling in Japan.

He could do well in the UFC if they built him up slowly and gave him the time he needs to properly cross train with the right camp. Until then he would have to simply work off of his college wrestling and his monstrous size. It should definatly be interesting to see what happens

True but from what I understand he got that cleared up he is just not allowed to go to an oranization that competes directly with one of Vinces show. IE. TNA or the likes. Since BRock used his own name and vice tried to take control of that name it was disallwed in the courts that is why Brock was able to try out for the Vikings. Though I do think there are pending issues..

RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:41 PM
"Minotauro" Nogueira
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 496
                     
I think Lesnar's standup would be really terrible and would have to work hard at improving that. He would be good on the mat, but if he can't get the takedowns he couldn't last with Arlowski and Sylvia.
DanMMAFan is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned
 
Eminem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ken Shamrock the greatest coach of all time
Posts: 495
 
Yes this is what i heard 6 months back.He was suposed to fight Bob Sapp at a K-1 PPV.

Brock is an NCAA wrestling champion,He's in great shape and has been training for the past year.I can definatly see him pulling a GP on one of those fat heavy weights.
Eminem is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 06:31 AM
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
 
UFC takes steroid and drug tests for their fighters and obviously Lesnar would fail to pass. I mean look at him. He would fail the way Bob Sapp did.
Rush is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Banned
 
Eminem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ken Shamrock the greatest coach of all time
Posts: 495
 
Ummm have you seen Brock in his early days?? He was always an animal even when he won the NCAA title in college. Maybe he did do some in the past but only a moron do them when UFC is looking at you.

And that radio Hoast sucks....He is always defending himself he should be replaced.

Last edited by Eminem; 06-25-2006 at 06:49 AM.
Eminem is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminem
And that radio Hoast sucks....He is always defending himself he should be replaced.
Yes, in his college days he was a NCAA champion but was sadly approached by WWE like they were pimps and he was a gigolo. He might not have taken that much steroids, he was a pretty big guy when he came to WWE. His muscles became a bit bigger as he moved on with the WWE. I don't think he would be taken steroids anymore.

And what radio host are you speaking of?
Rush is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,163
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
Yes, in his college days he was a NCAA champion but was sadly approached by WWE like they were pimps and he was a gigolo. He might not have taken that much steroids, he was a pretty big guy when he came to WWE. His muscles became a bit bigger as he moved on with the WWE. I don't think he would be taken steroids anymore.

And what radio host are you speaking of?

as far as I know of Brock and what I have read. He does nott ake steroids I have met plenty of people at the gym who do and I met Brock in person once at a night club I worked after the show He just did not have the characteristics of a steroid user. way to calm and polite. From what I understand he has a contract with that Cell tech company and has been working with them along time now to develope his body he works with various nutruionists and such plus his workout regimine makes me sore and sick just thinking about it. I will see if I can get a copy and post it in the training section. and with the right training with his already natural athletic abality and power He could punish alot of MMA fighters who are not prepared for his extremely overwheling power.. That Tank Video is nothing compared to what Brock is supposedly capable of.

RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome