The heavyweight division IS Boring - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
ShockeyTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 207
ShockeyTime has a little shameless behaviour in the pastShockeyTime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The heavyweight division IS Boring

And I Don't really know if it will be any better even if a
Fedor Emeltanenko, Mirko Filipović,Aleksander Emelianenko,comes over to UFC.

I Just don't know if it will work out. I Gotta tell you, the last few HW fights I've seen have been Booooring!!!! last nights being a snoozer!!! but I guess any addition would help get things going....

BTW I Think the UFC is Bigger here because it's marketed better and just looks better, octagon and all,I really think Pride should get away from the plain ring setup.

ST
ShockeyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
Organik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockeyTime
And I Don't really know if it will be any better even if a
Fedor Emeltanenko, Mirko Filipović,Aleksander Emelianenko,comes over to UFC.

I Just don't know if it will work out. I Gotta tell you, the last few HW fights I've seen have been Booooring!!!! last nights being a snoozer!!! but I guess any addition would help get things going....

BTW I Think the UFC is Bigger here because it's marketed better and just looks better, octagon and all,I really think Pride should get away from the plain ring setup.

ST
i used to think the same,... but after years of watchign MMA i like the Ring alot more... but only really in pride..
Organik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
screenamesuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,466
Blog Entries: 2
screenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crossesscreenamesuck Is Respected By All He Crosses
The HW fights are only boring cause they feature Sylvia all the time. He is just a boring fighter. He should have been able to KO Monson, but like usual he just stayed back and did nothing and waited for an opportunity. If Vera becomes champ he will make the fights more exciting.

As far as the ring in Pride goes, I can't stand it. There should be some kind of cage.
screenamesuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
the hw div should have never let paul buentello go he is a great striker who's fun to watch and he actually puts himself out there for a knockout.


right now hw needs a couple new fighters to spice things up, in my opinion that should as of ufc 65 be there #1 priority. To sign a exiting hw.


the reason sylvia isnt working is because he doesent put himself out thier. if hes fighting soemone good it goes to a decision. I will not blame AA for the last time he fought tim because he was injured and his standup was affected.
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
LEGEND
 
putmeonhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,684
putmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enough
Amen brother. Sylvia is so damn affraid of losing his belt, that all he wants to do is strictly DEFEND his title, he doesn't even try to finish his fights anymore. HW division sucks right now
__________________
Let's Bang!
putmeonhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 170
NICK C has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockeyTime
And I Don't really know if it will be any better even if a
Fedor Emeltanenko, Mirko Filipović,Aleksander Emelianenko,comes over to UFC.

I Just don't know if it will work out. I Gotta tell you, the last few HW fights I've seen have been Booooring!!!! last nights being a snoozer!!! but I guess any addition would help get things going....

BTW I Think the UFC is Bigger here because it's marketed better and just looks better, octagon and all,I really think Pride should get away from the plain ring setup.

ST
The production of the PPV events in the UFC are 10 times better. The camera angles, interviews and fill-ins between fights.
NICK C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
Organik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawShattera
the hw div should have never let paul buentello go he is a great striker who's fun to watch and he actually puts himself out there for a knockout.


right now hw needs a couple new fighters to spice things up, in my opinion that should as of ufc 65 be there #1 priority. To sign a exiting hw.


the reason sylvia isnt working is because he doesent put himself out thier. if hes fighting soemone good it goes to a decision. I will not blame AA for the last time he fought tim because he was injured and his standup was affected.

i still cant believe they let buentello go.. he provided some awesome fights and got caught with a punch ONCE!!!!...

arlovskis knows himself that fight shouldnt have ended that early and it was just a punch that landed on the right spot...

Dana white needs to bring back ppl like Paul Buentello who have showed they can stand and strike with the best of them rather then wasting his time on boring HW's who are slow on action
Organik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 0
jaymackz is an unknown quantity at this pointjaymackz is an unknown quantity at this point
........

Last edited by jaymackz : 12-31-2006 at 08:37 PM.
jaymackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Nabors12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 388
Nabors12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockeyTime
And I Don't really know if it will be any better even if a
Fedor Emeltanenko, Mirko Filipović,Aleksander Emelianenko,comes over to UFC.

I Just don't know if it will work out. I Gotta tell you, the last few HW fights I've seen have been Booooring!!!! last nights being a snoozer!!! but I guess any addition would help get things going....

BTW I Think the UFC is Bigger here because it's marketed better and just looks better, octagon and all,I really think Pride should get away from the plain ring setup.

ST
Correction....It would be 100x better if ANY of the HW fighters from Pride came over. They would eat Sylvia alive, I would pay good money to see a 20 sec fight between Fedor and Sylvia even the UFC nuthuggers would know how that would end. Also how could you say it wouldnt be better when you see all of Fedor's title defenses, not a single one lacked excitement.
__________________


The hard work of one, does more than the prayers of millions.

Last edited by Nabors12 : 11-19-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Nabors12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
 
Organik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,458
Organik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level nowOrganik is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabors12
Correction....It would be 100x better if ANY of the HW fighters from Pride came over. They would eat Sylvia alive, I would pay good money to see a 20 sec fight between Fedor and Sylvia even the Pride nuthuggers would know how that would end. Also how could you say it wouldnt be better when you see all of Fedor's title defenses, not a single one lacked excitement.
i dunno what he was talkin about but i agree with you 100%
Organik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios