I say Vera and Sylvia this Thurs, Why not? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
                     
I say Vera and Sylvia this Thurs, Why not?

Vera didn't even break a sweat and I admit I was one of the first to say Mir was going to give him a fight but hey, it didn't go his way, so anyway, Vera couyld fight again today. Tim Sylvia, if anything, may have soar shoulders, I dunno how much stress it puts on the body to stop your punches half way through like Tim did over and over again last night but he should be good by Thursday for a spur of the moment Ultimate Fight Night for Vera v. Sylvia. What? Not enough time to train for his opponent? So Tim is going to do something different in his next fight? I wish they would have him fight Vera on Spike for free but Vera deserves the PPV atomoshpere when they put the belt around his waiste.

In all seriousness Dana should have them fight at 66's already stellar card. I think it would send a message to Sylvia that yeah you are winning and keeping your belt but if you are going to fight like that then for the good of the company and the people who will defend that belt proudly after you, we will try our best to have you defeated as soon as possible.

I don't like Matt Hughes but he got in there last night and he lost with honor, he knew what GSP could do and he didn't shy away. He went to battle and lost and I hope he recovers soon. RIP me raggin on Hughes.
Halebop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 05:35 PM
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
Vera didn't even break a sweat and I admit I was one of the first to say Mir was going to give him a fight but hey, it didn't go his way, so anyway, Vera couyld fight again today. Tim Sylvia, if anything, may have soar shoulders, I dunno how much stress it puts on the body to stop your punches half way through like Tim did over and over again last night but he should be good by Thursday for a spur of the moment Ultimate Fight Night for Vera v. Sylvia. What? Not enough time to train for his opponent? So Tim is going to do something different in his next fight? I wish they would have him fight Vera on Spike for free but Vera deserves the PPV atomoshpere when they put the belt around his waiste.

In all seriousness Dana should have them fight at 66's already stellar card. I think it would send a message to Sylvia that yeah you are winning and keeping your belt but if you are going to fight like that then for the good of the company and the people who will defend that belt proudly after you, we will try our best to have you defeated as soon as possible.

I don't like Matt Hughes but he got in there last night and he lost with honor, he knew what GSP could do and he didn't shy away. He went to battle and lost and I hope he recovers soon. RIP me raggin on Hughes.
You my friend are crazy. Why don't we just have Frank Mir fight Mishima now. I mean who cares that they are in different weight classes. They can't be tired right?
brownpimp88 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
You my friend are crazy. Why don't we just have Frank Mir fight Mishima now. I mean who cares that they are in different weight classes. They can't be tired right?
Yeah, I am not serious, just disatisfied with 1 match of an otherwise great PPV IMO. But I feel better now
Halebop is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 09:41 PM
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
Yeah, I am not serious, just disatisfied with 1 match of an otherwise great PPV IMO. But I feel better now
Oh my bad, I thought you were one of those Wrestling Fans, recently turned MMA. You know, the one's that expect Chuck Liddell to **** Babalu's wife, and Matt Hughes to fight once a week.
brownpimp88 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 09:50 PM
attention whore
 
Damone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Branson, Missouri
Posts: 14,445
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
You my friend are crazy. Why don't we just have Frank Mir fight Mishima now. I mean who cares that they are in different weight classes. They can't be tired right?
With the way he performed last night, I'm convinced Frank Mir would have trouble against Mishima's Snoopy stuffed animal.

Damone is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Bantamweight
 
Slamnbam88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 891
     
i think putting them on 66 would make me go from maybe buying it to definately buying it
Slamnbam88 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
cabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamnbam88
i think putting them on 66 would make me go from maybe buying it to definately buying it
I'm with you on that one. Vera's gonna be champ someday thats for sure. I knew he was gonna win last night and people didn't believe me. I see Vera beating Tim in a very fashionable way. But like you said it would make me go from maybe buying to definately buying
cabby is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome