Joe Stevenson Fight Versus Mishima - Was It Shady? - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
UFC fan757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 36
UFC fan757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Halebop- I agree

I honestly don't think the UFC would par-take in something as stupid as that...but individual fighters on the other hand.. thats them. I definitely disagree with 99% of the fighters not fitting the mold of someone who would do that...because the fighters are very unique and make up such a small percentile of our entire population. Usually they either come from a tough life or they were brought up as tough athletic competitors. Many of them come from the military or pro-sports. It takes a brave and extreme person to go through with mma professionally and there is so much pressure involved that it can take a toll on anyone mentally and physically. Now try and add bills, family, sponsors, media, housework and other obligations/responsibilities to the whole mix and you can best believe there is even more stress. Everyone that knew enough about Silva knew that his chances were high in winning the fight against Franklin. I guess the point is nobody knows 99% of the entire pop. of MMA fighters and nobody knows their true HEART and MOTIVES in the life of the sport. Usually it's what they do outside the sport that reveals all of that!
UFC fan757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #52 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 464
JWangSDC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb2140
-250 to -285, is a big move in a fight especially 5 mins before. believe me I am a big UFC fan and am not questioning there integrity.

But Mashima looked like he was trying to lose.

Line change where? It's not uncommon to have such line changes 5 min before...that's when all the bets get placed. there was HUGE money coming in on Hughes within the last 5 minutes as well. Don't think anything suspicious AND i lost $300 on Mishima.
__________________
My Top 5

(0. Fedor)
1. Cro Cop
2. GSP
3. Mauricio RuA
4. Quinton Jackson
5. BJ Penn
JWangSDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:28 AM   #53 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC fan757
individual fighters on the other hand.. thats them. I definitely disagree with 99% of the fighters not fitting the mold of someone who would do that...because the fighters are very unique and make up such a small percentile of our entire population.

Usually they either come from a tough life or they were brought up as tough athletic competitors.

Many of them come from the military or pro-sports.

It takes a brave and extreme person to go through with mma professionally and there is so much pressure involved that it can take a toll on anyone mentally and physically.

Now try and add bills, family, sponsors, media, housework and other obligations/responsibilities to the whole mix and you can best believe there is even more stress.

Everyone that knew enough about Silva knew that his chances were high in winning the fight against Franklin. I guess the point is nobody knows 99% of the entire pop. of MMA fighters and nobody knows their true HEART and MOTIVES in the life of the sport. Usually it's what they do outside the sport that reveals all of that!
Sir,

You are just making claims. There is nothing in this poem you have written thst supports any of the claims. And just for the record, when I got to the words "HEART" and "MOTIVES" in this prose, I nearly jumped out of my chair! There is no need to go to ALL CAPS, coz someone as stoned as I am might hit you back with some Bold Italics
__________________
A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #54 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
sherdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 253
sherdog has a little shameless behaviour in the past
since we all know that pride pays better. So for a jap to come to the UFC, we can only assume that he is shitty. no surprise on anyones part.
sherdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:12 PM   #55 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
UFC fan757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 36
UFC fan757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Jumped out of your chair? Im sure that was the first physical thing you did all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
Sir,

You are just making claims. There is nothing in this poem you have written thst supports any of the claims. And just for the record, when I got to the words "HEART" and "MOTIVES" in this prose, I nearly jumped out of my chair! There is no need to go to ALL CAPS, coz someone as stoned as I am might hit you back with some Bold Italics

Sir,

Is'nt everyone in here just making claims? I don't see how anyone elses' post have that much of a more devastating truth than mine. I am only doing what everyone else is doing...expressing my opinion on a subject we might have a passion for. I am not a litigation attorney for Dana White or any one to do with MMA but I am pretty sure neither are you. If you would try and stay sober maybe you could grasp the complex poetry that I might post and not just see what sticks out of your peripherals(like CAPS) but also take into consideration my entire literary message. Im sorry If I have offended you in the easy process of making you look dumb. That's just an oppinion!
oh! and please don't ever attempt to give me literary advice because you can't even spell elementary words let alone start a proper complete sentence!
UFC fan757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:19 AM   #56 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC fan757
Sir,

Is'nt everyone in here just making claims? I don't see how anyone elses' post have that much of a more devastating truth than mine. I am only doing what everyone else is doing...expressing my opinion on a subject we might have a passion for. I am not a litigation attorney for Dana White or any one to do with MMA but I am pretty sure neither are you. If you would try and stay sober maybe you could grasp the complex poetry that I might post and not just see what sticks out of your peripherals(like CAPS) but also take into consideration my entire literary message. Im sorry If I have offended you in the easy process of making you look dumb. That's just an oppinion!
oh! and please don't ever attempt to give me literary advice because you can't even spell elementary words let alone start a proper complete sentence!
"Making claims" is what most everyone is doing on here. That is fine but there are some topics that are different then others. Everyone's opinion matters and should be respected on threads like "favorite fighter", "Predictions for PPV" etc. But when you get conspiracy topics people start spreading bullshit and I get tired of hearing it. You didn't spread anything but you said I was wrong with out backing it up. I am not going to let that go on a subject like this.
__________________
A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:38 AM   #57 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
UFC fan757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 36
UFC fan757 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
"Making claims" is what most everyone is doing on here. That is fine but there are some topics that are different then others. Everyone's opinion matters and should be respected on threads like "favorite fighter", "Predictions for PPV" etc. But when you get conspiracy topics people start spreading bullshit and I get tired of hearing it. You didn't spread anything but you said I was wrong with out backing it up. I am not going to let that go on a subject like this.


I hear ya man...it's a conspiracy topic that was started by someone who didn't even have the facts but made a claim. It's easy for people to go off topic and get into something deep when there wasn't anything there except rumors and un-factual claims. I guess I read too deep into the BullShit and started to conjure some of my own, without thinking about the real damage that could take place.
*maybe i should get into car sales?*
UFC fan757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #58 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
Halebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level nowHalebop is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC fan757
I hear ya man...it's a conspiracy topic that was started by someone who didn't even have the facts but made a claim. It's easy for people to go off topic and get into something deep when there wasn't anything there except rumors and un-factual claims. I guess I read too deep into the BullShit and started to conjure some of my own, without thinking about the real damage that could take place.
*maybe i should get into car sales?*
I am glad you understand, and I never meant anything personal. You are obviously an intelligent gentlemen and I look forward to reading your opinions in the future.

I have gained a lot of respect for you from this post.
__________________
A groan of tedium escapes me...

Last edited by Halebop : 11-25-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Halebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #59 (permalink)
Team Penn
 
MetalMunkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,454
MetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He CrossesMetalMunkey Is Respected By All He Crosses
I'm making a claim!! The fight was not thrown!!! Well, maybe not. I have to agree with Bozley, if he were going to throw the fight I think he would have done it during the first attempt. It looked more like Mishima was trying to avoid Joe's elbows while trying to pass. He escaped the first choke and avoided 2 more. He probably thought he was comfortable in that position. Joe then pushed off Mishima's thighs and sat up, Mishima pressed forward to stay on top and was in bad postion for a second and Joe caught him. I realize I may be hoping for the best but, the glass is half full.
__________________
"You must first believe if you are to achieve. That rhymed... unintentionally."

Favorite MMA Fighters:
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
Randy "The Natural" Couture

Last edited by MetalMunkey : 11-25-2006 at 03:04 PM. Reason: i kant zpell
MetalMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios