MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Joe Stevenson Fight Versus Mishima - Was It Shady? (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/5487-joe-stevenson-fight-versus-mishima-shady.html)

Robb2140 11-19-2006 09:16 PM

Joe Stevenson Fight Versus Mishima - Was It Shady?
 
The Vegas line on stevenson was -250,
Until 5 min before the fight it jumped
to -285.

Meaning someone threw big money
down on him late.

Mishima looked liked he was trying
to get choked out.

Makes u wonder, now that vegas sets
odds on these fights and we all know how little the fighters make.

Doese anyone have any thoughts on this?

AtomDanger 11-19-2006 09:18 PM

Eh, just because the odds changed a little right before the fight that doesn't really mean anything.

Robb2140 11-19-2006 09:24 PM

-250 to -285, is a big move in a fight especially 5 mins before. believe me I am a big UFC fan and am not questioning there integrity.

But Mashima looked like he was trying to lose.

AtomDanger 11-19-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robb2140
-250 to -285, is a big move in a fight especially 5 mins before. believe me I am a big UFC fan and am not questioning there integrity.

But Mashima looked like he was trying to lose.


Well if he gets caught thats a lifetime ban for him.
So lets hope it wasnt something bad

Halebop 11-19-2006 09:32 PM

I am not questioning the integrity of the UFC either but I agree with you 100%. I was expecting Mashima to really give stevenson a run for his money and I will take nothing away from Stevenson but when Mashima got out of that one choke attempt and them let himself get caught again....honestly, what the hell?

f-dog 11-19-2006 09:36 PM

Is it possible for fights to be thrown? Hell yes, but not probable. That's a big change though.
________________________________________
UFC 66 Fight Card Predictions
1. Chuck Liddell Vs. Tito Ortiz: I just hope Ortiz doesnít cry again, Liddell, first round KO
2. Keith Jardine Vs. Forrest Griffin: this fight has the makings of a slug-fest, Griffin by unanimous decision
3. Andrei Arlovski Vs. Marcio Cruz: Arlovski better be prepared to go to the ground with Pe De Pano, Arlovski, third round TKO
4. Jason MacDonald Vs. Chris Leben: ***Pick of the night*** MacDonald has crazy ground skills and Leben is a total bruiser, MacDonald, second round submission
5. Tony DeSouza Vs. Thiago Alves: DeSouza has good submission skills, Alves is fairly good striker, DeSouza third round submission
6. Carmelo Marrero Vs. Gabriel Gonzaga: Marrero put on a snooze fest against Cheick Kongo at UFC 64 (I literally fell asleep), Gonzaga by split decision
7. Anthony Perosh Vs. Christian Wellisch: this a tough one to call, both of these guys are coming off first round TKO losses, Iíll go with the Aussie, Perosh by split decision

Robb2140 11-19-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halebop
I am not questioning the integrity of the UFC either but I agree with you 100%. I was expecting Mashima to really give stevenson a run for his money and I will take nothing away from Stevenson but when Mashima got out of that one choke attempt and them let himself get caught again....honestly, what the hell?

He put himself in the guitine 4 times before Stevenson could lock it in. I am not saying this because I am trying to take anything away from Stevenson, but to move the odds more then a 1/4 point someone had to plunk down a sizeable wager on Stevenson. Mashida could'nt have gotten more then 10k - 15k for the fight. And it's not unheard of for fighters to take a dive.

AtomDanger 11-19-2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robb2140
He put himself in the guitine 4 times before Stevenson could lock it in. I am not saying this because I am trying to take anything away from Stevenson, but to move the odds more then a 1/4 point someone had to plunk down a sizeable wager on Stevenson. Mashida could'nt have gotten more then 10k - 15k for the fight. And it's not unheard of for fighters to take a dive.



Mashida isn't that impressive, I don't see why everyone thinks it odd he just was outclassed and sucks?

Robb2140 11-19-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f-dog
Is it possible for fights to be thrown? Hell yes, but not probable. That's a big change though.

[/b]

A fight like Hughes/GSP not a chance. But Mishima is a reletivly unheard of fighter, and that was the opening fight(that Vegas had odds on).

Robb2140 11-19-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomDanger
Mashida isn't that impressive, I don't see why everyone thinks it odd he just was outclassed and sucks?

I did'nt say he was good, that was the first time I ever saw him fight.

Stevenson Is'nt that good.

and he looked like he was trying to get choked out, it's not like Stevenson beat him down and Mashida gave his back. Mashida took him down and stuck his head under Stevenson's arm, not once, not twice, or even 3 times,
4 TIMES


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2