UFC Crowds Disgust Me... - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,869
Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
I think its more of how the UFC hypes up the fight by saying it will be the most exciting thing in the world! For instance, Ortiz/Shamrock 2 was hyped up to the eyeballs and the fans were expecting fireworks! Some of these fans pay $1000-$2500 for a ticket to see this fight just for it to be over in 90 seconds! Of course thier going to jeer!
__________________
You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocopride
Retard typical ufc booing fan awnser.. Wanna see reel fan go in Japan during match u could here a bees in the stadium with like 40000 fan. and everyy time they see a good technical move the clap their hand. that a reel sign of respect of MMA. I saw the worse match ever in Pride it was freaking boring and all the fan didnt say any thing cuz they knew that getting kick or punch in the head for a living is not easy.. Booing a MMA fight is a completly sign of ignorance and retardness of a n00bish mma fan

Typical idiot answer.
This isn't Japan, and it never will be. MMA wasn't started in Japan, so it is irrelevant how the Japanese are during sporting events. We could compare how other fans are in other countries all day long.
MMA is a sport, sports are built by fans, MMA is no harder than some other sports that get booed, so all the cry babies need to realize it comes with the sport growing and either love the booing or at least get over it.
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 4,177
Chrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
Typical idiot answer.
This isn't Japan, and it never will be. MMA wasn't started in Japan, so it is irrelevant how the Japanese are during sporting events. We could compare how other fans are in other countries all day long.
MMA is a sport, sports are built by fans, MMA is no harder than some other sports that get booed, so all the cry babies need to realize it comes with the sport growing and either love the booing or at least get over it.
I do agree, The thing that people are over looking is that these fights are FOR THE FANS TO ENJOY!!! That is the only reason that they have crowds and PPVs. If the people that pay to be entertained are not entertained then by all means LET THEM KNOW IT.

They fight for US to watch. Period.
__________________
Chrisl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisl972
I do agree, The thing that people are over looking is that these fights are FOR THE FANS TO ENJOY!!! That is the only reason that they have crowds and PPVs. If the people that pay to be entertained are not entertained then by all means LET THEM KNOW IT.

They fight for US to watch. Period.

Exactly, MMA would be nothing without US, so I know the booing isn't super enjoyable but at some point they have to accept it. We can say all day that booing fans don't enjoy how hard it is to get in there and this and that.
BUT
Do you think booing fans know how hard Hockey or Football is? I don't think most of them do, and most don't care.
BEcause they are getting paid, and they CHOSE to do this for a job, hobby, whatever...
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 103
Squeetard has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The reason you are not entertained is because you are totally ignorant to the finer points of mma combat. I've seen some incredible and highly technical ground wars get booed. I was highly entertained and they need to stick to watching WWE.

Also, your point accepted Atom, how do you explain all the booing that goes on during the fighter introductions? Go ahead and cheer for your guy, but to diss the other dude is just plain rude and unacceptable.

Here in canada at least, we don't boo the opposing team and we applaud when we see a display of skill, like an awesome goal, no matter which side did it.
Squeetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
BadHabitBabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 132
BadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enoughBadHabitBabe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard
Also, your point accepted Atom, how do you explain all the booing that goes on during the fighter introductions? Go ahead and cheer for your guy, but to diss the other dude is just plain rude and unacceptable.

Here in canada at least, we don't boo the opposing team and we applaud when we see a display of skill, like an awesome goal, no matter which side did it.

It's just sad that so many of the people that go to the fights are people who just "want to see and be seen" and don't necessarily give a crap about what is going on in the cage. Ignorance for sure - rudeness most definately - just wished they would go be seen somewhere else and let the real fans have the seats.

Maybe if they had the fights somewhere other than Vegas or Cali (say like um Vancouver - hint hint ) there would be more REAL fans?
__________________

- JustJanis the BadHabitBabe
Lover of all things Boxing & MMA!!!

"Welcome to my world. Hope you brought meds!"
Freddie Roach is the MAN!!!
BadHabitBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard
The reason you are not entertained is because you are totally ignorant to the finer points of mma combat. I've seen some incredible and highly technical ground wars get booed. I was highly entertained and they need to stick to watching WWE.

Also, your point accepted Atom, how do you explain all the booing that goes on during the fighter introductions? Go ahead and cheer for your guy, but to diss the other dude is just plain rude and unacceptable.

Here in canada at least, we don't boo the opposing team and we applaud when we see a display of skill, like an awesome goal, no matter which side did it.

Ignorant? I have been training in Martial Arts since I was in the 4th grade, ten years old. I am 22 now.
That is 12 years of Martial Arts at only 22, I wouldn't say I am ignorant to the finer points.

To address the other matter, usually when there is a team who you don't like, you boo them. Its part of being a fan.
So, if I dont like the guy who is fighting someone I am a fan of, why should I cheer him?
Booing is part of sports any way you cut it.
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
TheJame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,615
TheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to behold
You gotta love the drunken idiots that try to jump in front of the camera and flex their non-existant muscles on their arms for some reason.
TheJame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
AtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this pointAtomDanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJame
You gotta love the drunken idiots that try to jump in front of the camera and flex their non-existant muscles on their arms for some reason.

They aren't any better than the scantily clad half drunk girls in the crowd who are just there because the boys are hot.
AtomDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 372
KillerG has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I agree with some points, the noobs to MMA boo the ground work, it may look boring, but if you are used to it and see the inches rather than miles you see the excitement. I often tense up when i see a kimora or americano comeing, but to the average fan its looks like a boring gay sex show.

But on the other hand i totally agree with the booing in the Sylvia/Monsoon match, it was boring most of the time, they should have thrown more. They get paid $20000+ basic to fight, so freaking fight.

If you paid good money to watch that fight in the staduim you expect action, a jab and cirling is NOT fighting.

But yeah, mostly booing is by the ignorant, i love a good BJJ battle on the ground as much as a stand up battle. Although of course i do enjoy the wild fists more :P
KillerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios